PRO WRESTLING ELITE - DAR v STYLES - 14/07/2012

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does Mark Sloan wrestle much these days? Just trying to work out what A:Merchandise want out of being involved with the show.

To our knowledge Mark Sloan does not wrestle much if at all these days. We understand he is still available for bookings in exchange for promotions making a charitable donation; however majority of his time is spent running A-Merchandise.

Pro Wrestling Elite have approached A-Merhandise for the hire of their professional entrance way set up as well as a sponsorship deal which will see an official A-Merchandise stall selling various products at the event.

• Paid Members

IIRC he asked if he was booked, to give a charity donation instead of paying him, although of course he does most of his stuff with Amerch these days.

To my knowledge they will work with any company providing of course they pay for the work being done. They offer a range of services, from just event production, helping with location/booking of talent/helping run the actual event/dvd filming/merch production (to a degree anyway), but it depends what companies want, and what they would pay for.

Does Mark Sloan wrestle much these days? Just trying to work out what A:Merchandise want out of being involved with the show.

I am not sure what me wrestling would have to with Amerchandise being involved in any event.

Amerchandise, as listed above provide a pleathora of services to the scene over here and abroad. We're approached on a weekly basis about providing support, equipement, services or sponsorship to events of all sizes.

We work heavily behind the scenes with alot of major wrestling groups in various capicities, and to list some of it, let alone all of it would just be a glorified ego trip, which is not what this thread is about.

Amerchandise were aproached about a number of situations regarding this event and how we can help enhance this fantastic looking event. We are very glad to be playing out part in what could be one the best events nationwide of the summer.

For the record I haven't competed since January 1st 2010.

To our knowledge Mark Sloan does not wrestle much if at all these days. We understand he is still available for bookings in exchange for promotions making a charitable donation; however majority of his time is spent running A-Merchandise.

Pro Wrestling Elite have approached A-Merhandise for the hire of their professional entrance way set up as well as a sponsorship deal which will see an official A-Merchandise stall selling various products at the event.

Indeed, the 15th year of actively wrestling that was indeed the case. Alot of money was rasied for alot of great causes. However, having stopped competing at the start of 2010, I never felt the need to do the whole retirement thing or make a big deal about it. At the end of the day I haven't retired, I am just not active.

Bowyo is right, as I mention above our company provides so much and not just in Europe, so 95% of what do is probably not disclosed or publised.

I'd like to see Mark Sloan active again, if only to act as an stepping stone for younger wrestlers. Y'know, before you get out of opening match status, you have to get by the wily veteran, so Mr. Sloan would act as a final test, or a speedbump.

Very good, I liked it.

Luckily I keep in good shape fitnesswise working with Mark Haskins and Lion Kid on a weekly basis when they are in the country, so keeping in good cardio is never an issue! But I wouldn't expect to to see this any time soon. On top of that, come July, I think there will be alot of great talent onshow, I personally cannot wait until the headline match is announced.

On top of that, come July, I think there will be alot of great talent onshow, I personally cannot wait until the headline match is announced.

Sod it, I am DEFINITELY coming to this show if it's got this much buzz and could potentially be one of the biggest shows this year with A-Merch potentially not doing any shows of their own this year :(

• Paid Members

***SCOTTISH DEBUT CHALLENGE***

At our Anniversary Show, fans will see a Scottish Wrestling debut... This performer has informed us that he wishes to face the very best in pound for pound competition Scotland has to offer... On hearing this request, Pro Wrestling Elite felt there was one man who fit this description perfectly, and we are sure that Scottish Wrestling fans will agree... The man who has accepted the "Scottish Debut Challenge" and the first name announced for "ELITE vs ???" is none other than "Bad Boy" Liam Thomson...

bebgbb.jpg

Having competed for almost every major company in the UK, Thomson is considered by many to be the best pound for pound competitor Scottish Wrestling has produced in many years... His accolades are by no means outweighed by his reputation as Thomson holds Championship gold in Scotland, England and Denmark...

Whatever challenge awaits him, you can always be sure Liam Thomson is ready...

The challenge for Thomson will be revealed... This Friday!!

:yinyang:

I'm trying to think of guys I'd like to see Liam Thomson face who haven't wrestled in Scotland before. Rockstar Spud is the main one that comes to mind. Infact, I just wanna see Rockstar Spud full stop.

Wild Boar hasn't wrestled in Scotland, has he? He's one that REALLY interests me. I've not seen anything from him, but heard a lot of good things.

The main other person that comes to mind is Mad Man Manson. And who DOESN'T want to see him?

• Paid Members
I'm trying to think of guys I'd like to see Liam Thomson face who haven't wrestled in Scotland before. Rockstar Spud is the main one that comes to mind. Infact, I just wanna see Rockstar Spud full stop.

Wild Boar hasn't wrestled in Scotland, has he? He's one that REALLY interests me. I've not seen anything from him, but heard a lot of good things.

The main other person that comes to mind is Mad Man Manson. And who DOESN'T want to see him?

Interesting choices... We can tell you that we did approach Mad Man Manson regarding appearing at this event, to which he was unfortunately unavailable... We do hope to bring Mad Man Manson to Scotland before the end of the year :yinyang:

• Paid Members

2dv1s80.jpg

**THE FOLLOWING IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM A-MERCHANDISE OWNER MARK SLOAN REGARDING THIS EVENT**

A-merchandise are pleased to announce an agreement has been reached with Pro Wrestling Elite to help produce their First Anniversary Show on Saturday the 14th of July at the Citadel Leisure Centre in Ayr.

Pro Wrestling Elite are one of the top brands of professional wrestling in Scotland and A-merchandise, as the market leader in Pro Wrestling Services and Merchandise in Europe are constantly approached by companies and individuals for sponsorship and event specific services.

Being very selective on sponsorship agreements is something that is very important to our company and brand. Working with major Wrestling Organisations around the world means our image and reputation is of the upmost importance and speaks volumes on our view on this event.

We are happy to be providing an entrance set, merchandise selection and various other event services to this exciting event; including the sponsorship of a truly worldwide name to appear at this event. When approached by PWE management, we were very excited with the matches and talent they were brining to the event and their professional attitude towards bringing in this particular Superstar to Scotland, making the choice easy for the A-merchandise team.

We are very excited to see the event unfold and I think once the next few names, all of which haven't been seen in Scotland regularly (if at all) should boost an excellent show into a highly extraordinary event.

Please follow Pro Wrestling Elite on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/ProWrestleElite ) and on their official Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/ProWrestlingEllite )

ארבע עשרה ...

• Paid Members

***SCOTTISH DEBUT ANNOUNCED***

He is coming...

After competiting at the Dragon Gate UK Events in 2010, Lion Kid was invited to Japan for 3 months with Dragon Gate and returned in late December 2010, shortly after the turn of the year he signed full time with a French promotion and appeared on just about every event they promoted over the following 11 months; his only stops of note in the UK being IPW:UK and of course his sensational matches at DG:UK this year.

Now, he is set to concentrate on UK and European adventures and working with some of the top level grapplers on the scene and is very excited to have the opportunity to work in the Scotland for the first time ever!!

Stay tuned for more news and announcements...

:yinyang:

How did I forget this guy? He looked excellent on the three Dragon Gate UK shows last year, and there's a fucking stoater that he had with Mark Haskins on YouTube. At least, there used to be at some point. Not sure if it's still there.

This should be a terrific match.

Archived