PRO WRESTLING ELITE - DAR v STYLES - 14/07/2012

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought along a non-wrestling fan. He loved 'Justin Bieber' of Project Ego. That was the most entertaining match on the show for me as well.

It was an OK show overall. I'll definitely be following Project Ego some more.

• Paid Members

***EVENT STATS***

DATE: July 14th 2012

VENUE: Citadel Leisure Centre, Ayr

ATTENDANCE: 507 (SELL OUT)

MC: Adam Curtis

REFEREE: Jamie Feerick

PRO WRESTLING ELITE owner Lionheart opened the show with an announcement that both events in September would stage a tournament to crown the first ever Pro Wrestling Elite World Heavyweight Champion.

Match 1

Lion Kid defeated "Bad Boy Liam Thomson"

Immediately following the match, Kay Lee Ray saved Lion Kid from an attack from both Thomson and Carmel. Afterward, a video played on the screen announcing MICKIE JAMES as Kay Lee Rays opponent for September

Match 2

Johnny Moss defeted Mikey Whiplash, Stixx and Dave Mastiff in a "Best of British" 4 way elimination

Match 3

Mark Haskins defeated Andy Wild

Match 4

Project Ego defeated Wolfgang and BT Gunn

Match 5

Red Lightning defeated Joey Hayes

Match 6

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles defeted Noam Dar

THANK YOU to everyone who came and supported... Official event photos will be posted soon courtesy of David J Wilson...

The next events will take place on Saturday and Sunday the 15th of 16th of September... Event information can be found HERE

3rd time/4th show in Scotland, and 1st PWE show, have never been disapointed. Every single match delivered, and great to see a live event in a 6 sided ring.

Really enjoyed it, and with the English guys on show, gives all 3 of the Scottish shows I've seen their own identity, so much good stuff going on up there.

Good show last night. First time up in Scotland, and Ayr really is a nice sea side town and really helped justified the long trip along with the prospect of an amazing show. Scottish fish and chips are insanely stacked and cheap to boot. And Renaldo's deserves it's reputation.

The show was late starting due to the volume of people pouring into the leisure centre so with that and the opening announcement, the first match didn't take place until 7.30 or so. Not that bad of a delay and the crowd sounded ready for it.

Lion Kid beat Liam Thomson in around 16 minutes or so. Fantastic choice as an opener wrestling wise, but with LK making his debut the crowd wasn't as heated for such a fast paced athletic opener as you'd expect. Kid really did go all out to make an impression in his Scottish debut and really was displaying some breath talking feats of agility with Thomson acting as a base/foil. I felt for sure Bad Boy was going to take the duke, so was pleasantly surprised to see LK pick up the win, but it really was well deserved after his performance.

Johnny Moss outlasted Dave Mastiff, Mikey Whiplash and Stixx in around 27 minutes. Whiplash and Mastiff were in fine form verbally ripping on the crowd and the other competitors. And 12 minutes in they broke the ring when Moss (or was it Stixx?) was thrown into a turnbuckle and the top two ropes buckled under the force. Fortunately the ring crew got right on it and if anything the ring break provided some hilarious moments and all 4 stepped up as a result. Stixx was first eliminated 17 minutes in by Whiplash with the assist of his feet on the ropes. Mastiff eliminated Whiplash in 22 minutes. And then after multiple germans and a MASSIVE jumping tombstone Moss pinned Mastiff.

Mark Haskins beat Andy Wild in approx 10 minutes. Good match, but a few miscommunications and some things just didn't click right. Still first time seeing Wild and I can see the potential there, but he needs something to stand out. Haskins continues his great run on the UK Indies and was one of the most over guys on the show. Maybe if things would have clicked better on the night and they had more than ten minutes, there should be a belter of a match in there somewhere.

Project Ego beat Wolf-Gunn in approx 15 minutes. Ego continue to show why they are one of the best tag teams currently active in the UK and they really were on their game last night. First time seeing Gunn and Wolfgang and I can see why a lot of promotions have BT as their top guy.

Red Lightning beat Joey Hayes in approx 9 minutes. For those 9 minutes they did get a lot out of it as opposed to Haskins/Wild which felt short. Some nice arm work and great selling from Hayes. Solid match but nothing else.

AJ Styles beat Noam Dar in round about 22 minutes (you may be asking with these times, was I doing a Gadge? Nah just went off the time clock on the back wall). Very good and a very worthy main event, especially with the incredible reaction AJ got. Noam really busted his ass in this match. This was his moment, his chance, and he took it with both hands. AJ, to me, kinda went through the motions. I know plenty will not agree with that statement. AJ Styles did exactly what AJ Styles does best and made sure the fans who paid money to see him got their monies worth by running through a fair few of his signature moves. But to me he didn't step up to match the level that Noam was willing to wrestle at and it didn't feel like he went all out. If you wanted to see AJ Styles wrestle Noam Dar, this was fantastic. If you wanted to see AJ Styles wrestle Noam Dar in an incredible match where both men went all out to steal the show, this wasn't it. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. But if you wanted to see Noam Dar at his absolute best against one of his heroes..... Yeah this was the match.

Overall the show was worth the money and the trip up to Scotland. I loved Ayr. Such a nice little town and I had two people stop me to say I had a doppelganger in the town. Marco's Fish & Chips and Renaldo's ice cream were fantastic and I'm going to have to try Wellington next. I definitely want to bring Suz up to Scotland with me next time I go to another PWE show.

Was a good show, actually thought the four way was the best match.

Random thoughts;

Andy Wild is shite.

Joey Hayes looks like Kris Travis. So much so a few fans thought Joey Hayes worked double duty.

Wolfgang and BT Gunn are both pros. They work the crowd better than anyone else.

Lion Kid is good, but a bit reckless. Landed on his head a few times during hurricanerana's. Put in a good match tho.

Noam Dar is chiseled as fuck. You would't know who was the superstar out of him and Styles, looking at them both in person.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there but spoke to Noam and Stixx after the show and both said it was awesome.

Really pleased and going to try really hard to get up to Septembers shows .

Really proud of Noam - this really is the year that he is going to elevate himself more than any othe competitor in the uk , by the sounds of it he has added AJ to the list with Sami and Edwards - how many guys get to wrestle such high calibre imports , it's because he is just that good . The scary fact is he is still only 18.

Roll on August for Noam v Richards and am so happy that Noam has joined the Southside roster full time !

Also congrats to Adrian - hope you are very proud of yourself today because you should be !

Joey Hayes looks like Kris Travis. So much so a few fans thought Joey Hayes worked double duty.

No disrespect to Joey Hayes, but I think Kris Travis looks sooooooo much better. He's just got something about him and stands out.

Noam Dar is chiseled as fuck. You would't know who was the superstar out of him and Styles, looking at them both in person.

I was actually thinking that as I was watching it. If you had walked in the hall and been told "one of them is in TNA", you'd be saying "the one in the gold trunks?"

Didn't like the venue much. Reminded me of the venue in Bellahouston where it can be packed to the rafters but the atmosphere remains a wee bit off.

Thought Haskins vs. Wild was quite good which seems to be a minority opinion here. Thought it went along quite well but then the ending came along and I was like "eh?". There was an overrun so I'd assume it was cut short because of that.

As for the main event... I've seen many matches better than it in Scotland alone this year, nevermind anywhere else. So I'd agree with coby that AJ Styles might not have been at his best here, because if he was, we'd probably have seen something pretty special. It was Noam Dar's night though and he looked absolutely amazing.

Archived