For Sale - Official 1990s WCW VHS

Colin Culk

do wcw videos sell well,i must have about 20 or so in the loft

Some do definitely, it just depends which ones they are. Most of the PAL tapes from the early nineties aren't worth anything, but the PAL tapes from the late 90s (the ones you could only get via mail order) have held their value well.

From my experience, the NTSC tapes tend all tend to sell; but what you get for them is highly variable. Ironically the rarest tapes are some of WCWs worst shows! Shows like Bash At The Beach 2000 and New Blood Rising 2000 were only available for a short time, being released so close to WCW's closure. I've seen both of those sell for 3 figures on Ebay!

here is what i have

from 2000:-

Uncensored

Great American Bash

Slamboree x 2

Spring Stampede

Superbrawl

from 1999

Starcade

Uncensored

Soulded out

Bash at the breach

Spring Stampede

and then there are two box sets containg all the superstar series the green cover and pink cover ones

is there any value in what i have listed above ?

here is what i have

from 2000:-

Uncensored

Great American Bash

Slamboree x 2

Spring Stampede

Superbrawl

from 1999

Starcade

Uncensored

Soulded out

Bash at the breach

Spring Stampede

and then there are two box sets containg all the superstar series the green cover and pink cover ones

is there any value in what i have listed above ?

I'm not a 100% expert on WCW tapes, but I'm afraid I don't think they are worth anything significant. In my original reply I forgot about the few 1999/2000 shows which were released in UK shops - I think these are the ones you have. These aren't as rare as the 1997-1998 shows which were mail order only.

I have seen varying price for WCW tapes from what I will call the Warner Bros collection. This included the PPV Highlight series and the Superstar Series, released in the UK as double whammys in Pink and Green cases respectively. Those dont go for much at all. What does vary is the PPVs they released which If I recall correctly are

Uncensored 1999

Spring Stampede 1999

Bash at the Beach 1999

Starrcade 1999

Souled out 2000

Superbrawl 2000

Uncensored 2000

Spring Stampede 2000

Slamboree 2000

Great American Bash 2000

Some of these seem to have been more available than others with the more common ones being Uncensored 1999 BATB 99 Starrcade 99 and Slamboree 99. you will be lucky to get a tenner for those. The rarest which are probably Stampede 99 and Great American Bash 00 (which was only released in a multipack for PAL) can go for

Archived