UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be available to play my remaining games between 4-6pm later today just to give my opponents a heads up.

When you next available mate?

I can play at anytime during the day today so if you are going to be online then post on this thread and I will come online. This season was a great concept and I would like to thank TUFCfan for his hard work in making this league a success as well as Stunstone for his early season transfer window hype which culminated in the 'Clasico' hype between me and the infamous TapOut Tapes lol.

I will be on in 5 mins for half an hour if your still free.

Sorry mate. I got caught up with a few things before work.

I will be available to play my remaining games between 4-6pm later today just to give my opponents a heads up.

When you next available mate?

I can play at anytime during the day today so if you are going to be online then post on this thread and I will come online. This season was a great concept and I would like to thank TUFCfan for his hard work in making this league a success as well as Stunstone for his early season transfer window hype which culminated in the 'Clasico' hype between me and the infamous TapOut Tapes lol.

I will be on in 5 mins for half an hour if your still free.

Sorry mate. I got caught up with a few things before work.

no problem mate, when will you be next available?

TUFCfan just like to say cheers for all your hard work again

I echo these sentiments, cheers for the hard work.

I have just one little issue. I only have one game left and the table suggests I have two. Any idea where the "ghost game" has disappeared to?

Looking into it, it was your 6-1 loss to Liverpool in week 5 that hadn't been added to the spreadsheet (though oddly I added it to Liverpool's total). The bad news is, it means you're currently bottom again on goal difference!

Balls!

And to make matters worse.....

Fiorentina 5-2 Middlesbrough

Llorente X 4

Aguero

Eto'o

Ribery

Lawz battered me, thats about it. Move along now.

Torquay 2 - 7 Liverpool

Whilst it'll ease the fears of Everton and Middlesbrough slightly, a misleading result as it could have finished 10-10 with Victor Valdes and some poor finishing to thank for The Gulls not scoring several more goals. Torquay attacked from kickoff until Liverpool countered leading to Remy scoring with Liverpool's first attack of the game. Nasri missed a one-on-one for Torquay whilst Remy missed one for the champions. Forlan made it two in the 19th minute, though in an attack from kickoff Pazzini's header should have found the back of the net but it was well saved by Victor Valdes. Forlan scored again a few minutes later and Samir Nasri had two great opportunities for Torquay, which were saved. Just before the break Forlan completed his hat trick when he rounded the 'keeper and managed to finish from a tight angle. Despite several good chances The Gulls found themselves four down at the halftime whistle.

Straight from the kickoff in the second half Liverpool attacked and Remy scored when through on goal. Walcott and Pazzini had good chances for Torquay which were put wide. In the 68th minute Remy made it six for Liverpool. Straight from kickoff Torquay attacked and Samir Nasri showed skill and determination to round the 'keeper, win the ball back from a defender and put the ball in an empty net to finally give Torquay the goal they deserved. Pazzini had two great chances to score not long after but Valdes saved them yet again. Liverpool almost made it seven when they hit the post and Akinfeev somehow got up and blocked the shot from the rebound. Remy made it seven late in the game but Torquay also scored again late on when Di Natale's run and cross was finished by the head of Pazzini, who finally grabbed the goal his performance deserved. Chiellini was sent off for a late tackle in injury time, it was judged to be a goal scoring opportunity but there likely were covering defenders. From the free kick Liverpool won a corner and almost grabbed an 8th goal but Akinfeev made a good stop. Overall a predictable result, but against any other team The Gulls would likely have got something from the game but for carmella's unerring finishing ability showing why he's the Champion again. There's still a chance of a shock point against Arsenal, but it now looks likely that The Gulls will finish bottom of the league.

Torquay scorers: Nasri (69'), Pazzini (89')

Liverpool scorers: Remy (7', 47', 68', 84'), Forlan (19', 28', 42')

Torquay 3 - 2 Arsenal

A tense finish to the game gave way to celebration on the South Coast as The Gulls gained a shock win over Arsenal to move themselves off of the bottom with their last game. Arsenal started dangerously and Rooney had a decent chance saved by Akinfeev. Torquay attacked next and Theo Walcott was set free and he coolly slotted the ball into the bottom corner to send the Torquay fans into raptures early on. Ten minutes later and The Gulls made it two, when on a counter Di Natale fed the ball to Pazzini and his neat footwork in the box created a angle to put the ball past Mandanda. Torquay defended well and soaked up some Arsenal pressure and Nasri had a decent chance to make it three but his effort was saved, but just before half time a ball into the box rolled to the other side of the pitch, Walcott had time and space to pick out a cross to Pazzini on the penalty spot whose delightful controlled volley found the roof of the net to give The Gulls a 3-0 lead at half time.

In the second half Torquay had a good chance early on saved by Mandanda. Rooney hit the post for Man Utd and the rebound was saved. A short freekick was taken into the box forcing Akinfeev to make a good save at his near post. The amount of Torquay fans switching their kettles on at home to make a cup of tea to try and calm their nerves caused a power surge which forced the players off of the pitch for a few minutes. When the game restarted it was obvious that Arsenal boss Fox Piss had given his side a rollicking and they looked like a different side. Torquay had to soak up a lot of pressure which finally resulted in two quickfire goals. Former Torquay striker Robin Van Persie scored with a neat side foot to give Arsenal hope and then he made it two just four minutes later with a similar finish after a sweeping Gunners move. Torquay had a brief spell of possesion late on to calm nerves until Arsenal applied the pressure in the last five minutes. Torquay held out and took advantage of a rusty Arsenal side in the first half and if the game was 15 minutes longer Arsenal would have likely won. The result means that Middlesbrough have to hope that Fiorentina do to Everton what Fiorentina did to them to have a chance of not finishing bottom after a courageous last few weeks.

Torquay scorers: Walcott (5'), Pazzini (15', 45')

Arsenal scorer: Van Persie (72', 76')

ASTON VILLA 3 EVERTON 2

Scorers..... E.Cavani x2 Forgot villas scorers sorry

Close game gutted to lose and really worried bout getting bottom place this year

Your two scorers were J Park at 43' and E. Cavani at 10'

Villa's were Falcao 24', E. Lavezzi 55', and N. Vidic at 61' with a standout header!

/Takes pictures of the scorers using camera phone after the game cause it's easier than writing it down :p

ASTON VILLA 3 EVERTON 2

Scorers..... E.Cavani x2 Forgot villas scorers sorry

Close game gutted to lose and really worried bout getting bottom place this year

Your two scorers were J Park at 43' and E. Cavani at 10'

Villa's were Falcao 24', E. Lavezzi 55', and N. Vidic at 61' with a standout header!

/Takes pictures of the scorers using camera phone after the game cause it's easier than writing it down :p

Cheers dude i was trying to remember the next day and could not for the life of me

Archived