Calling all UK and European promoters

ThisIsProgress

Having spoke to Jon I can tell you guys that I actually think he is one of the guys that looks like he could get this right. He has a entertainment background and a passion for wrestling and anyone can see his first line up is ace.

I'm guessing that different entertainment works in different ways so just a tad naive at how the British wrestling industry works.

I think Progress will be a great success !

And here's the token guy 'vouching' for a venture like this.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having spoke to Jon I can tell you guys that I actually think he is one of the guys that looks like he could get this right. He has a entertainment background and a passion for wrestling and anyone can see his first line up is ace.

I'm guessing that different entertainment works in different ways so just a tad naive at how the British wrestling industry works.

Oh do give it a rest you wanker.

I don't understand why anyone would leave their contact details and expect everyone else to come running to them.

What do already established promoters have to gain from this? Surely the new guy on the block should be doing the running around?

Fair point. And obviously this isn't the only way that I'm making contact with people.

The way I look at it, anyone who wants to say hello, can; anyone that doesn't, can just ignore this.

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I think that I'm a pretty good judge of what makes a good promoter

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I think that I'm a pretty good judge of what makes a good promoter

You should have been a wrestler, you certainly have the ego to support such an endevour.

You should have been a wrestler, you certainly have the ego to support such an endevour.

I don't understand why anyone would leave their contact details and expect everyone else to come running to them.

What do already established promoters have to gain from this? Surely the new guy on the block should be doing the running around?

Fair point. And obviously this isn't the only way that I'm making contact with people.

The way I look at it, anyone who wants to say hello, can; anyone that doesn't, can just ignore this.

That's good to hear. Hope you didn't take my post in a bad light, just trying to help a bit.

Obviously every organisation has to start somewhere, so you're not all bad promoters per se. I've just seen a number of terrible ones around wrestling forums making a lot of mistakes, and these places are quite a harsh environment.

The responses in these BritWres threads are laughably pathetic. No wonder the UK scene is where it's at.

It's better here than a lot of other countries!

End of the day in the grand scheme of things it probably really doesn't matter how people act on a forum as it's all about whether or not wrestling itself is actually popular. We're at the mercy of the Americans I'm afraid. It's currently not popular and it probably never will hit the heights it did back in the day ever again (so long as UFC / MMA is still around anyway).

Someone from the BBC was quoted (unofficially) saying they viewed Steven Moffet as a problem because of the things he tweets and says publicly criticising the very same network that pays and promotes him. Doesn't change how the majority of people view Sherlock and Doctor Who though.

^ Don't get me wrong, Dann, I appreciate that there is a vast amount of wrestling talent within this country; it's just a shame that there are so many utter mongs that seem to garner publicity, whether or not it is simply by logging onto this forum.

I understand that this may be merely a wrestling forum but I think a lot of people underestimate just how many people use it. I bet Mark Sloan found his job of selling tickets for his Jap shows easier simply by having this forum as a medium to promote his product.

You get idiots in every walk of life and certainly when it comes to business - whether it's restaurants, cafe's, bars, printing firms, builders, lawyers, you name it, you are going to get idiots in any industry. It's just that wrestling in this country has a higher ratio of retards to decent people who will do a decent job.

The responses in these BritWres threads are laughably pathetic. No wonder the UK scene is where it's at.

Doing really well on the whole actually, occasionally you get threads like these people trying to promote themselves which is fair enough but until they've actually done something its not worth kicking up a fuss nor should it reflect on Brit Wres as a whole because they haven't done anything yet.

I mean in the northwest (can't really speak for the rest of the UK, don't travel often enough),Grand Pro Wrestling, XWA and Futureshock Wrestling have been running 8/9 years, must be doing something right and Preston City Wrestling which is doing well too. My advice is to not let the odd one sour the whole Brit Wres experience.

Archived