AWE Night Of Legends PPV

wwffan2

• Paid Members

Its a shame the Rockers did a similar gimmick, and had Shawn fucking Michaels in them, because Morton deserved more than having $125,000 being his best year. They would have been perfect for the WWF's tag division in the late 80s. You can see why Morton was so great in his day, during this match. Apart from the old school towns which he is exclusive to in the US, nobody knows who he is these days. They either turned up in mainstream leagues looking like a Grab a Granny version of Marty and Shawn or stood there cheering on Barry Windham in matches with Bradshaw. Real shame.

Oh and here's Pez:

perryfaturn.jpg

Main event actually was pretty good, shame it didn't have a proper finish and half of it was promos. Was disappointed by the Finlay match, the injury angle in it dragged it down a fair bit, and Silva wasn't interesting enough to make something out of it. Finlay sells superbly, but it just went on too long.

yeah that ppv was a trainwreck - when the ref messed up the opener and forgot how long the match had gone (8 mins) and approx how long it was scheduled (18 mins) that sort of threw everything else off. i think (mistakenly) they gave finlay and silva those 10 minutes. the ppv still went 20 mins too short and had a bunch of guys not appear and they even had one match just not happen.

i think this is as bad as the JCW one, and i think it proves legends ppvs just dont work.

• Paid Members

Given that he's worked through his commitments now in terms of appearing on the PPV, there must surely be a good chance of Nash returning to WWE again to cost Cena the match at Vengeance?

Archived