What's the best look for a wrestler?

Wendell Cooley

The thread about steroid usage amongst British wrestlers got me a-thinking. Is it important for a wrestler to be a body builder, if said wrestler wants to headline? Do fans just want to ogle muscular fellows or is looking hard more important now kayfabe isn't relevant and we know that rippling muscles wouldn't matter much in a real fight? Compare the likes of Iron Shiek and Stan Hansen to Batista and Mason Ryan - a wrestler can look imposing and credible without being jacked up. Austin was a superstar while still having a bit of a belly, and as for the Sandman...! How important are muscles to you, personally? Should CM Punk get on the juice, for example?

John Cena / Randy Orton both have the look required in my opinion on what wrestlers should look like in todays day and age. I do like fat wrestlers too like Vader size. Definetley need muscle mass and have broad wide shoulders. Skinny people shouldnt wrestle untill they have put muscle mass on

well, in all honesty, even with all the negative knowledge we have on illegal substances, i admit i always was, and always will be, drawn to the big muscled up guys like cena and batista and the like...when wrestlers look like the average skinny "looks like he should work behind a counter somewhere" dude, he has to be phenomenal in the ring to keep my interest and even then i'd probably still get turned off because he looks dull.wrestling is a very visual, comic-booky busseniss, i do not want to see normal men in tights in that ring, i want real life action heros damnit !that being said, i don't like fat obese wrestlers either, i don't mean to be jedgemental om heavy people but if you don't have to will to even get yourself in decent shape, i automaticlyy assume you won't have the desire to be an athlete in the ring either. however, i've been proven wrong on this and yes i like guys who can go, like vader and samoa joe, but those are the extreme exceptions, there are few other big fat men who get me into their work.ok now with all that said, i do not want to come across as a bodybuilding freak causei'm not, i'm not saying every wrestler should model himself after batista but at the very least they should have some abs and look solid....perfect examples of smaller men looking intense and like pro wrestlers, are low ki, john morrison and pac....those type of builts are really really good imo,maybe even better then the huge muscle men. guys like that just look like they can kick your a$$,yet they still look athletic as hell and the 3 i mentioned sure are...davey richards gets a shout from me too, he's not huge or ripped but he looks hard and has that tough guy visual to me,just looking at him you can tell he's got some fire in him.what i do not want to see is guys like homicide, sorry....he's good, i like his work, but he looks like an idiot thug who begs for money on the street...again,not a knock on his talent but his look turns me off and theres tons of lookalikes in that category on the indys,shame....

For me its bigger the better! Obviously they need to know how to do the job though.Like I said in a previous thread, nearly half the guys in the UKFF 50 wouldn't get a booking from me due to their look.But the two things I like in wrestlers: 1) Big guys, and 2) Guys who look like men.

Which guys look like men? Eleborate. Are we talking shaved heads and tatoos or what?
Not necessarily tattoos and shaved heads, just guys you look at and think "I wouldn't want to mess with him".I have a guy on my roster, "Mean" Tommy Dean. Not a big guy really, about 5'10" and 15st with not the best physique, but he looks like an angrier version of Ray Winstone!
Lol I bet he will love that comment mate!

Archived