British Wrestling Council?

robbo9292

I thought it was just a money-spinner by Alex Shane, and now it's doing nothing. Then I read something about BWC and Government, or something, when it was mentioned that Shane would be on some radio show. Personally, from what I've read on their site, and on here, it seems like it could be finished. Although the idea is sound, the thought of Alex Shane making more money by bullshitting and scheming annoys me.

• Paid Members

It was about as legit and as real as Santa Claus.

And was supported and run by some of the most well respected figures in the industry.
Which meant nothing at all. The BWC had no power to enforce its 'rules' on anybody, they couldnt do anything about the shitty feds out there. They couldnt stop the shitarse play wrestlers from getting bookings. For all its claimed good intentions it wasnt going to be of any actual use without government backing.

And was supported and run by some of the most well respected figures in the industry.
Which meant nothing at all. The BWC had no power to enforce its 'rules' on anybody, they couldnt do anything about the shitty feds out there. They couldnt stop the shitarse play wrestlers from getting bookings. For all its claimed good intentions it wasnt going to be of any actual use without government backing.
it directly gave birth to the Nexus angle though apparently :rolleyes: last I heard was Justin Richards had took over and renamed it British Wrestling Coalition but that was maybe March or something

• Paid Members

And was supported and run by some of the most well respected figures in the industry.But, obviously, they didn't know the ins and outs quite as well as you.
Not sure I see your point here? The BWC had no legal backing, no power, they were just a badge that meant absolutely zero.Don't get me wrong, British Wrestling could probably do with some thing, but without Government backing to make it important, it's nothing.

The BWC was bollocks and if you dont believe that then you are in denial. British wrestling does not have government backing, hence why it does not have a governing body. If anybody believed the BWC was going to make a difference to British wrestling then you are living in the same dreamworld as those who created it.

They had/have some good ideas to a point, but there was/is too much ego involved within the whold concept. If it was senior wrestler's within the British Wrestling community helping both up and coming wrestlers and companies, it may work but saying what trainee wrestlers should know doesn't seem right. wrestling is about individual personalties, otherwise you end up with copy cat wrestlers who look the same, wrestle the same and quickly bore a crowd.

The best thing some one can do is copy Mark Slone. he helps with events and works with individuals who he think have promise to make a difference. considering the links he has, there's practically no one else better within the British Isles.

Archived