WAW Updates, Yarmouth summer season, training dates etc

knightmare

Matches announced for Boston today are as follows.

Sam Knee v Brad Slayer

Tag Challenge

Zebra Kid/Ricky Knight v Danny Collins/Dale Preston

International Ladies match

Sweet Saraya Eng v Mercedes Martinez USA

European champion Aron Frost 6ft 5 Norwegian will take on ECW Star Steve Corino in what should be a hard hitting Main Event

more updates to follow get your tickets now from Blackfriars BO 01205 363108 Adults 10 pounds, child, 7 family of 4, 30

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic addition to the WAW Wrestling show at Project nite club Norwich this Friday 23rd March 7pm TNA Superstar Douglas Williams, joins a stacked card including, Steve Corino,USA, Sweet Saraya, Mercedes Martinez USA, Danny Boy Collins, Zebra Kid EWW Stars much more book now, 0800 046 8164 or online at www.wawuk.com

Results

Super no vacancy

4way tag was a no contest

Aaron frost beat sir robin

King kendo beat solomon

Doug Williams beat chuck Cyrus and Scott fusion

Sweet saraya beat queen maya

Steve quintain beat emillio excellente 2-1

Danny Boy Collins and Steve Corino beat Zebra Kid and Ricky Knight-Danny Boy got the fall so is your new heavyweight champ

Tv taping at project nightclub may 13th and 20th

Steve Corino returning in september

how i sum up busy weekend.

Well what a weekend it was starting at Boston on thursday with a great show and Steve Corino and Aron Frost putting on a fantastic match worthy of a main event on any show, pity about the attendance at Boston but i walked away knowing we had slung everything at it and maybe Boston just dont want wrestling.

Norwich proved it did with another sell out crowd packed to the rafters to see WAW's best show since fightmare 1 back in 2001 imo. The big fight atmosphere gave the show the added edge and with Italian, Norwegian, Belgian, german and USA Wrestlers in attendance it was an international show. Every match lived up to their billing and i am proud of all on the roster, front of house, backroom staff and the fans for their great support. The Corino training seminar at grapplers was a sell out with 20 trainees attending.

The WAWW Show was a huge success too with over 150 in attendance 124 paying fans it was a record attendance for the company, which makes us very proud. With Mercedes Martinez being denied access to the UK and injuries and call offs, new and young faces were asked to step up and they did it in style and i am sure we witnessed some future stars in the making. The girls had alot to follow from the previous night but show they were more than capable with some exellent contests. There is still alot of work to be done on WAWW But its work in progress and with the emphasis being new and homegrown talent it will take time but i am confident patience will be rewarded. The womans training seminar was another success with 12 girls in attendance.

So in all a successful weekend great fun if a bit tiring but heres to Joe Legend being here 14/15 April. Cant comment on the HEW Show on sunday as i was at the reunion in Leeds.

how i sum up busy weekend.

Well what a weekend it was starting at Boston on thursday with a great show and Steve Corino and Aron Frost putting on a fantastic match worthy of a main event on any show, pity about the attendance at Boston but i walked away knowing we had slung everything at it and maybe Boston just dont want wrestling.

Norwich proved it did with another sell out crowd packed to the rafters to see WAW's best show since fightmare 1 back in 2001 imo. The big fight atmosphere gave the show the added edge and with Italian, Norwegian, Belgian, german and USA Wrestlers in attendance it was an international show. Every match lived up to their billing and i am proud of all on the roster, front of house, backroom staff and the fans for their great support. The Corino training seminar at grapplers was a sell out with 20 trainees attending.

The WAWW Show was a huge success too with over 150 in attendance 124 paying fans it was a record attendance for the company, which makes us very proud. With Mercedes Martinez being denied access to the UK and injuries and call offs, new and young faces were asked to step up and they did it in style and i am sure we witnessed some future stars in the making. The girls had alot to follow from the previous night but show they were more than capable with some exellent contests. There is still alot of work to be done on WAWW But its work in progress and with the emphasis being new and homegrown talent it will take time but i am confident patience will be rewarded. The womans training seminar was another success with 12 girls in attendance.

So in all a successful weekend great fun if a bit tiring but heres to Joe Legend being here 14/15 April. Cant comment on the HEW Show on sunday as i was at the reunion in Leeds.

I attended the Boston show, Bit of a strange night really? I missed the first match & most of the 2nd due to being caught up in traffic. The tag match i enjoyed from an old school psychology point of view. My God how big was Dale Preston? Last time i saw him was as a Chippendale about 20 years ago, Thought he hurt the match in the sense that because of his lack of mobility, We never got the best out of Collins or Zebra Kid.

It was good to see Saraya with the Shimmer belt. I got the impression that the crowd wanted to cheer her, But that went against the script. Her opponent was very poor IMO. Saraya dragged what she could out of the match, But you cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t (As the saying goes!)

Really enjoyed the Main Event! Steve Corino is a class act & had enough experience to get a good match out of a less experience opponent, He read the crowd reaction well & gave them the match that they wanted.

Thought the referees were not great, Especially the one with the glasses & brown cords. Also thought the ring look in rather poor condition. Not a great night of wrestling, But we all enjoyed Steve Corino's appearance.

Also for a family ticket for the talent on display, I thought it represented value for money :thumbsup:

You have your opinion buddy i respect that but to imply Steve pulled a match out of Aron Frost imo is a bit disrespecful he more than held his own and made it the great match it was, Aron is an untapped talent who is destined for big things imo, that was echoed by Steve himself. Aron is a 6 year pro with a very good Amateur background of many years standing in Norway, hardly inexperienced. In the last couple of weeks he has had motn against Danny Collins, Steve Corino, Robin Ekime and Stixx.

BTW For the record first match of the night was Aaron Sharpe v Brad Slayer.

You have your opinion buddy i respect that but to imply Steve pulled a match out of Aron Frost imo is a bit disrespecful he more than held his own and made it the great match it was, Aron is an untapped talent who is destined for big things imo, that was echoed by Steve himself. Aron is a 6 year pro with a very good Amateur background of many years standing in Norway, hardly inexperienced. In the last couple of weeks he has had motn against Danny Collins, Steve Corino, Robin Ekime and Stixx.

BTW For the record first match of the night was Aaron Sharpe v Brad Slayer.

What i meant was he was less experienced than Corino"s years in the game. They had a good match, It was supposed to be a compliment? We all enjoyed the Main Event :thumbsup:

had enough experience to get a good match out of a less experience opponent

Sounds like you are giving the credit to Steve, when i felt Aron gave as much to make it a very good match. If nobody new Steve i dont think they would have known who was the star. But as i say you pay your money you are entitled to your opinion, its all about opinions, you did not like the show while others followed us to Norwich next night. I agree on some of your criticism and take them on board although circumstances sometimes dictate your cant get it right all the time.

Archived