Laptop Troubles

Dan Williams

Last night I spilt a small amount of energy drink onto my laptop keyboard, i wiped it off straight away but the keyboard started acting up so I switched off the laptop and removed the power sources, now I can get the laptop to power up but none of the keys work, I have left it to dry out over night by placing the keyboard on top of my sky box which is quite warm but still no look. I'm quite a novice when it comes to fixing things like this but don't really want to pay to have it fixed if I don't have to so what I'm asking is has anybody else had the same problem and if so how did you managed to fix it? Right now any help would be really useful.

My laptop has a fucked battery/connector/charger/motherboard (it doesn't charge properly), so my current portable computer is a hand-me-down netbook that had a knackered keyboard. It was constantly pressing the full stop. So I had to rip that out and use a USB keyboard with it. It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.

• Paid Members

As Johnnyboy said, sugary drinks are a nightmare. Just go to Asda/tesco and by a USB keyboard for less than a fiver. Or get the keyboard replaced using spares off ebay or something.

Archived