Chikara's European Invasion of talent

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

Chikara Young Lions Cup IX: European Invasion

YLC_IX.jpg

With the upcoming Chikara Young Lions Cup at the end of the month (August 27th and 28th) coming from Easton, Philadelphia I thought I should take this time to give a bit of a profile to the UK (and Irish) that are going over for said tournament, on their first time trip to the US.

A little bit of history on the tournament first though. What originally started as a tournament for wrestlers who had fought under 50 matches (mainly in their first year of competition) the rule was changed to allow any wrestler under 25 to compete in the tournament. This has opened the tournament up to a much wider variety and higher level of talent, as experienced this year with the so far 3 talents chosen to compete.

Previous winners of the trophy have been Chuck Taylor, the original winner Hallowicked and his somewhat prot

nice to know something about them, although i doubt any will make it to night 2 of the tournament.

how is this working this year anyway? since it used to be a 3 night event and its now 2 nights, they used to have 24 guys, 12 matches and then there was 2 x 6 man elimination matches to give us the final for night 3.

i notice tis year night 2 has semi finals and a final, so i guessed it would be only 8 guys, but there are 12 already, so is it going to be 16 men, in 4 x 4 way elimination matches?

• Paid Members

With the 12 Large Summit having 2 matches announced, a huge 6 main main event by the looks of things and another singles match, to have 8 singles matches night 1 would make 12 matches and that will never happen. Why nothing's been announced I would expect it to be four 4 way matches with the winners progressing to night 2 for the semi's.

Even if they fail to make it past the first round, theres a good chance for them to possibly impress in Chikara's annual Coutndown Showdown which is a 30 man over the top rope rumble. With that match, the 2 semi's and the final and 2 tournament matches annouced as well, I can see all three guys hopefully being used all weekend one way or another.

EDIT: Sorry Coby, did all the writing without a title figured that wouldn't be too vague, apologies for getting hopes up. Any better?

I love the idea of Nick Jackson and Mark Andrews being in the same match. Would be all sorts of cool shit going down.

Have Sean South go out early and then have a one on one with Quackenbush where he constantly drops him on his head for a solid 10 minutes. I'd be cool with that.

• Paid Members

apologies again gents, honestly thought that the title wasn't too vague looks like it was.

However with Gresham and Quack in the country this month, I do see Chikara slowly starting to look out for somewhere to have a UK show. Would be insane and I reckon an instant sell out as well.

So pleased for Mark Andrews. He is a consumate professional and top guy to boot. He is very deserving of this exposure and is a credit to Professional Wrestling in Wales. I hope this will be one of many Trans Atlantic journeys for Mark. I have also kept a close eye on Sean South since his euwa triumph, and the guy is quality personified. I NEED the dvd of this show!

• Paid Members

For those of you still keeping tabs on this, 2 of the 3 guys had their first round match announced today:

4Way3sm.jpg

So Sean South and 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews get to step into the ring against Nick Jackson and Tadasuke. In case you don't know, Jackson is one half of Generation Me/The Young Bucks who ahve recently had a try out with WWE after being released from TNA. Tadasuke is a member of Osaka Pro and was at KOT 2010.

MK is yet to be announced for his match however Mat Fitchett, Milo Shizo and the unnamed 16th participant are the only 3 participants left so that will be his match. Don't know much about Fitchett but Shizo is a student of Delirious and if you see how he looks you'd totally get that from first glance.

In other related news, MK teams with Mike Quackenbush this Friday night for Fight Club Pro in what should be a brilliant match as well. Also on that show is Colt Cabana.

Archived