Will the WWE landscape now change, and if so how?

The Miz

• Paid Members
Think there was a bit of a misunderstanding here. I wasn't talking about the length of time of his absence - I too would be immensely disappointed if they brought him back too soon. What I was referring to was the actual storyline idea: that, after having crowned a champion who then goes on to defend his belt and build up a bit of a run, Punk decides to fuck with everyone by coming back and saying "It doesn't matter how much you defend that belt or how you won it - you're not the real champion, I am!" etc. etc.

Whatever happens I think they need to acknowledge him in some way tonight. Maybe kick off the show by going straight into the Comic-con footage (no intro) so the people who haven't seen it can keep up to track with Punk's antics. Then maybe hype that Triple H will address the CM Punk situation later on, or even have him come straight out and make a statement about it, whether he tries to lure Punk back, or something else. Maybe he could start a slow heel turn by saying he'd like to cancel tonight's title match, but his hands are tied and a new champion will be crowned tonight. And maybe they could shake things up by making John Cena the one who interrupts the title match, causing a DQ rather than CM Punk. It'd be an intriguing way to end the show.

• Paid Members

How about this?

Punk shows up, claiming to be the "Real World's Champion", with Dolph Ziggler in tow as his "consultant", and Armando Alejandro Estrada as his manager. The current champion (Cena) then loses his belt, in controversial circumstances, to Sheamus, who is then stripped of the belt, which leads to Trips' announcement that the next Royal Rumble will be for the belt.

Hearing this, Punk decides to enter the Rumble to prove it once and for all, and stays in for over an hour. At the end, it gets down to Cena, Punk and Ezekiel Jackson, who sneak-throws Cena over the ropes. Cena, being a sore loser, grabs Zeke's hand and Punk throws him over to win the belt.

Later, WWE President Triple H announces that there will be a number of top line stars considered for the WM main event with Punk. At the announcement, Zeke gets up, thinking it'll be him, but the announcement is John Cena! Zeke throws a massive rant at Cena, and at the next PPV attacks him. Cena later announces that he wants a match with Zeke, but that this will be his retirement match.

At this announcement, Triple H announces that Punk's opponent will be Daniel Bryan, who's still seeing Gail Kim. At this, Punk then broadcasts that "he had Gail first", and the following week, Bryan screams into the mike "UNTRUE!!! UNTRUE!!! UNTRUE!!!" and locks Gail in the changing room.

At Wrestlemania, after weeks of goading, Bryan, wearing a gold bodysuit, gets his hands on Punk and wins a long-fought battle to become champ.

It books itself.

Archived