Will the WWE landscape now change, and if so how?

The Miz

So now we know that HHH is "taking over" as the head honcho of the WWE. Vince has been removed from power and HHH takes over. This is of course pure storyline as far as we know, but many are speculating that this is the start of an actual changing of the guard in the WWE. The Son In Law is slowly being eased into the hot seat.

So in the short term, what will happen? Will HHH throw his new power around in the storylines? Will he resign Punk and scrap the Mysterio/Miz Title Match? Will the Raw GM be revealed/dropped? Will HHH be revealed as the GM all along?

What, if anything will change short term and long term? Both storyline and real life?

Fuck, God knows! And thats what makes it so exciting! You can't predict it, whats the pay off? Where does John Cena fit in to all this? Will there be a new Title?

I too was wondering if its an actual changing of the guard or just a storyline one where Vince calls it a day on his TV Career.

Can't wait for each and every Raw until this story ends!

A new title belt could be on the cards. If they actually crown a new champ tomorrow then a new belt has to be introduced. Be daft if an exact replica to be given to Rey or Miz. Having said that they did for the hbk / ramon feud back in the early 90's.

Not that I've seen much of it, but I reckon they're reworking Bischoff's WCW title idea for Hogan. The one that was meant to end ith a tournament final for the World Heavyweight title only for Hogan to stroll in and make it a three way ro whatever it was. Yeah, that one. At least that's what it sounds like. Hopefully they don't.

• Paid Members
Not that I've seen much of it, but I reckon they're reworking Bischoff's WCW title idea for Hogan. The one that was meant to end ith a tournament final for the World Heavyweight title only for Hogan to stroll in and make it a three way ro whatever it was. Yeah, that one. At least that's what it sounds like. Hopefully they don't.

Why "hopefully"? It's not a bad idea - the promotion crowns a new champ, and, Punk being the kind of Machiavellian guy he is, decides to come back in as "The Real World Champion" (a familiar element), just to mess with everyone and eventually face the tourney champ.

UFC did it as well when Lesnar was off injured - they crowned Frank Mir as interim champ. It's a decent enough angle.

Trips changes Miz-Rey to a #1 contendership match, and invites CM Punk to show up at Summerslam to face the #1 contender in a title match, or lose the title. They can then spend a few weeks on TV indirectly inciting Punk to turn up at Summerslam, and have a whole will he-won't he thing going on.

• Paid Members
Trips changes Miz-Rey to a #1 contendership match, and invites CM Punk to show up at Summerslam to face the #1 contender in a title match, or lose the title. They can then spend a few weeks on TV indirectly inciting Punk to turn up at Summerslam, and have a whole will he-won't he thing going on.

Whatever happens with that match, should it be a number one contender's bout or a title match, I see Cena getting added to it and winning.

Whatever happens with that match, should it be a number one contender's bout or a title match, I see Cena getting added to it and winning.

You just had to go & spoil everything by saying that didn't you, LOL, although, it is more than likely the thing to happen.

This is one thing I hope the 'Triple H regime' sorts out............... Obviousness & Predictability!

So far, so good in terms of the Punk & 'Changing of the guard' angles both running at the moment. How long before somebody in the back balss it up though?

• Paid Members
But ... it does exist. What have you been watching? Old WCCW videos? The WWE title still exists.

I assume he means 'how can he have a rematch when the person he had his original match with is no longer there'?

Even if they crown a new champion, getting Miz involved with this storyline in some respect could be huge for him.

Why "hopefully"? It's not a bad idea - the promotion crowns a new champ, and, Punk being the kind of Machiavellian guy he is, decides to come back in as "The Real World Champion" (a familiar element), just to mess with everyone and eventually face the tourney champ.

UFC did it as well when Lesnar was off injured - they crowned Frank Mir as interim champ. It's a decent enough angle.

Can't speak for Vamp, but I personally would be pretty disappointed if CM Punk is back on television tonight. I'd be just as disappointed if he's back before Summerslam, I think.

There's so much potential in keeping Punk off screen and allowing him to do more appearances of the sort he did at the weekend. Using the internet and social media to create a real buzz around what he's going to do next and whether he will sign a new deal with the WWE. There's absolutely no need to rush him back onto WWE television.

In the meantime they can establish the "new" title and champion in preparation for CM Punk's eventual return and his claim as "The Real World Champion".

• Paid Members
Can't speak for Vamp, but I personally would be pretty disappointed if CM Punk is back on television tonight. I'd be just as disappointed if he's back before Summerslam, I think.

There's so much potential in keeping Punk off screen and allowing him to do more appearances of the sort he did at the weekend. Using the internet and social media to create a real buzz around what he's going to do next and whether he will sign a new deal with the WWE. There's absolutely no need to rush him back onto WWE television.

In the meantime they can establish the "new" title and champion in preparation for CM Punk's eventual return and his claim as "The Real World Champion".

Think there was a bit of a misunderstanding here. I wasn't talking about the length of time of his absence - I too would be immensely disappointed if they brought him back too soon. What I was referring to was the actual storyline idea: that, after having crowned a champion who then goes on to defend his belt and build up a bit of a run, Punk decides to fuck with everyone by coming back and saying "It doesn't matter how much you defend that belt or how you won it - you're not the real champion, I am!" etc. etc.

Archived