RDW Real Deal Wrestling (Grimsby)

dopper

I saw a RDW show in Brigg back in February that had a decent attendance and the crowd really loved the show. It concluded with an announcement they would be returning to Brigg soon.

Not only have I not heard anything about another Brigg date, I haven't heard anything at all about RDW since then.

Nothing on here and no updates on their Facebook page(s).

Are there any shows currently scheduled for the future?

You must have missed this thread http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=125793

They moved to another county and instantly failed on every level ever, the only company I've seen go from good to decent to shitarse as they got more experienced, they truly are the Benjamin Button of pro wrestling.

Even in this era of being let down by dodgy promoters I am still surprised at this turn of events.

RDW were running out of their Grimsby base for quite a long time weren't they? A fair few UKFFers past & present have been involved with them either in the ring or behind the scenes so I am surprised this whole fiasco seemed to go completely under the radar.

As I said in my original post, the show back in February was a great success on the surface just like all previous times they visited my home town. So to hear they relocated and started no-showing in such a small space of time is a disappointing surprise.

• 6 months later...

I've only just found this thread after a student directed me to it.

RDW have not folded or gone under. We just needed to concentrate on other areas, the main one been building up our finances.

I no longer had the money to run events to the standard that I wanted and could no longer afford to run the venues that I wanted to use. So we stopped running shows.

We have not run a show since February last year, despite the show been well attended it was too little to late for our bank balance.

Last year we finally managed to get our own premises for our training school which we re-named (GWA) and spent time working on and building up.

The training school has been running weekly since February and full time since September and has helped build our finances back up and bring through some very talented local wrestlers. We were contacted by a venue in Wath-Upon-Dearne, South Yorkshire where SSW used to run shows and we supplied the ring. Our intension was to run a monthly training school at the hall and as part of the promotion we decided to hold a free admission show the day before the school opened. However at the last minute, due mainly to bad communication on my part it fell through and neither the show or training camp went a-head.

Both myself and RDW got a lot of heat on the forums and I decided that I needed to get some time away from promoting, wrestling for other promotions and concentrate on the training school and building up RDW's funds.

Over the summer season last year I was fortunate enough to pick up work on the holiday camps and run the training school while at the same time get a new perspective on promoting.

I feel now that I am in a position to return to promoting and have provisionally booked our first event for March this year.

We will continue to run GWA (academy) events in Grimsby and RDW shows across Lincolnshire I now live in Nottingham and it is in the Nottingham area that our return show will take place.

I know that I didn't need to explain any of this to you, I just felt that those of you who were let down deserved to know.

For those of you that attended the Wath-Upon-Dearne show that never was, I would like to apologise for the disappointment, inconvenience and financial loss you incurred and should you wish to attend a future RDW or Real Deal Promotions event offer you a set of complimentary tickets for you and your friends.

Should anyone have any question please feel to ask.

Sincerely,

Steve Cartwright

We will continue to run GWA (academy) events in Grimsby and RDW shows across Lincolnshire I now live in Nottingham and it is in the Nottingham area that our return show will take place.

Out of interest where in Nottingham will the return show take place?

Our first event will take place in Long Eaton. Technically it's Derbyshire but it's only about 8 miles from Nottingham city centre.

We will be issuing a full press release within the next week

March 24th West Park Leisure Centre, Long Eaton.

I will be issuing a full press release next week complete with talent line-up, ticket information and other relevant show details.

Archived