The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

The club have issued the following detailed statement.

Club Statement

Posted on: Thu 19 Jan 2012

Club Statement

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club can confirm that five men associated with the club are assisting police into the investigation of an alleged offence in July last year.

The club will make no further comment at this stage.

I am guessing the 4 who were arrested at 4.20am would have been on the coach back from Wrexham so it shouldn't be too hard to work out who they are. I think I know who the player arrested in Brighton at 7.20 is, and even if he hadn't been named the player from Bournemouth would have been easily worked out by anyone who follows lower league football very quickly.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what happened was that for the first four months of the season everything went their way. What happens is that teams start paying more attention, more respect and then it doesn't go your own way. They're also missing Lambert since his suspension.

To add, I've said all season that if we could get to the top, we'd stay there. And now we're at the top, I'm convinced Southampton will win, we'll lose and we'll be right back to where we were come the 31st. They have Cardiff at home and then Birmingham away, we have Ipswich away and Millwall at home. My original idea might be right.

I think, Southampton have hit a brick wall in terms of the promotion buzz wearing off. It happened to us when we got to the play offs a zillion years ago, we were around top of the league/2nd at Xmas and then slumped afterwards ending up forth, despite really should having a crack at staying top two.

Even Norwich had wobbles last season iirc, so its a question of whether they, Southampton, can pick themselves up again. They certainly have the players to do so

Our deluded fans seem to think that we are signing every scottish player, ever. With Doddie Weir, yes, that one, apparrently we are going for the oldest back line in football, Stephen Dobbie, Ryan Templeton among others.

Clearly no one remembers how signing every scottish player known to mankind worked out for Middlesbrough, but they cant be told as the blind faith takes over, common sense

Well, what happened was that for the first four months of the season everything went their way. What happens is that teams start paying more attention, more respect and then it doesn't go your own way. They're also missing Lambert since his suspension.

I think it's more to do with the realization that we don't have the squad depth we though we had. From our first team squad we currently have Lambert, Fonte, Lallana, Chaplow and Harding out. Also Guly is such a terribly inconsistent player. Good when he is on but god awful when he is bad.

Important month for us now though. Cardiff and West Ham games will make all the difference to the league.

Archived