UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently he was a Gatso alt. Not convinced that's true though, but if it is, we've been playing FIFA with a rapist!

Which thread did all this play out in then?

Sorry guys about the lack of statistical updates...what with my 2 week holiday and then coming back to a pile of work plus in this period we have also had a family bereavement so tehre's been plenty to deal with. I will do the first two weeks scorers charts in the next day or two and then start doing some write ups from week 3. Sorry for being a little crap.

Which thread did all this play out in then?

Sorry guys about the lack of statistical updates...what with my 2 week holiday and then coming back to a pile of work plus in this period we have also had a family bereavement so tehre's been plenty to deal with. I will do the first two weeks scorers charts in the next day or two and then start doing some write ups from week 3. Sorry for being a little crap.

Yeah where did this come about then, I've not seen it.

Wolfsburg 2 - 0 Schalke

Grafite

Dejagah

A really close game contested between two evenly matched sides and 2 evenly matched players. Wolfsburg were in front after 3 minutes before Schalke could even get a touch of the ball. A slick passing move was finished off by Grafite who continues to find the back of the net despite his manager's pre season criticism. Schalke enjoyed some possession from here and had a few chances to get level but some poor finishing and the woodwork denied them. Wolfsburg found it hard to get hold of the ball as the half progressed and decided to defend and hit their opponents on the break, not the best tactics to employ with some of the slowest lumps in the world on your team. Half time was called and with the shot rate as 6 shots, 2 on target for Schalke and 5 shots all on target for Wolfsburg told how close this game was.

The second half began as the first did with Wolfsburg attacking and but for Grafite possessing no power in his header from approx 3... THREE....yes 3!! Yards out they would have had daylight. Luckily they didn't have to wait much longer and as they increasingly saw more possession they frustrated Schalke as Reither and Friedrich had blinders at the back. Suddenly, Wolfsburg found themselves attacking with a 3 against 2 situation and it was the man over Dejagah who slotted under teh keeper.

Connection was lost with 10 mins to go but Dork very kindly said the result stood despite me offering to play to 10 mins to see if there was any more story to tell.

All in all a good game with Wolfsburg and Grafite in particular currently punching well above their sizeable weight!

Wolfsburg 2 - 0 Schalke

Grafite

Dejagah

A really close game contested between two evenly matched sides and 2 evenly matched players. Wolfsburg were in front after 3 minutes before Schalke could even get a touch of the ball. A slick passing move was finished off by Grafite who continues to find the back of the net despite his manager's pre season criticism. Schalke enjoyed some possession from here and had a few chances to get level but some poor finishing and the woodwork denied them. Wolfsburg found it hard to get hold of the ball as the half progressed and decided to defend and hit their opponents on the break, not the best tactics to employ with some of the slowest lumps in the world on your team. Half time was called and with the shot rate as 6 shots, 2 on target for Schalke and 5 shots all on target for Wolfsburg told how close this game was.

The second half began as the first did with Wolfsburg attacking and but for Grafite possessing no power in his header from approx 3... THREE....yes 3!! Yards out they would have had daylight. Luckily they didn't have to wait much longer and as they increasingly saw more possession they frustrated Schalke as Reither and Friedrich had blinders at the back. Suddenly, Wolfsburg found themselves attacking with a 3 against 2 situation and it was the man over Dejagah who slotted under teh keeper.

Connection was lost with 10 mins to go but Dork very kindly said the result stood despite me offering to play to 10 mins to see if there was any more story to tell.

All in all a good game with Wolfsburg and Grafite in particular currently punching well above their sizeable weight!

Great summary - one of my favourite opponents over the two leagues I've played in so far, evenly matched but stunstone's superior finishing was the difference. Quickly realising I am way out of my depth in this league but feel the first point(s) is not far away after a much improved performance tonight, albeit with some awful finishing, especially in one on one situations.

Well done mate.

Wolfsburg 2 - 0 Besiktas

Grafite(2)

That man does it again. Grafite is actually starting to get himself a repuatation as a somewhat prolific goal machine. He even displayed some fancy footwork in this game shimmying past a defender to net the opening goal just before half time. It was a deserved goal too as Wolfsburg peppered the Besiktas goal for most of the half and had the lions share of possession. Besiktas despite having some pacey players failed to break down a resilient Wolfsburg backline and went in at teh break without registering a shot.

The second half played much like the first. Besiktas did manage a couple of chances this time but failed to test the Wolfsburg keeper. As the game went on the GErmans were happy to hold onto the ball in order to frustrate their tiring opponents and at around the mark big Grafite popped up to finish side footed from the edge of the area. At the moment the big lump looks nailed on for the Golden Boot. He's scored in all but one of my games. My words may well have to be eaten. I hope.

Fenerbahce 5- 0 Besiktas

Dia

Niang

Stoch

Alex

Hunmaci

This match started at 100mph with both teams on the attack and the tackles flying in, it was Fenerbahce getting the first goal with what has to be up for goal of the season. after the first goal went in it was all Fenerbahce who were 2 up just before half time.

Second half starting much like the first untill the 3rd goal went in and again it was all Fenerbahce after that, 2 more goals came and the game ran out with both teams giving away silly fouls.

Dia goal http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/80693960

Not the greatest start to the new season with two now gone with Denzel/Gatso needing a replacement. Saw RobJ87 online earlier but he said he wasn't back on permanently until the 21st. Asked if he wanted to take over Sporting when he gets back but had no response so don't know if he wanted to or not. Ill try and find someone else anyway in case he didn't want to take them over.

Is Wrasslin about? Seems to be falling behind.

Just a quick question, why is this done by game, and not in a FIFA league managed through FIFA?

It's more complicated with two divisions, plus gives up more leeway in terms of unplayed fixtures, etc. We could give it a try if we went back to a single league again at some point.

Archived