iPhone anyone?

Mr Mojo Rising

My contract is up with my phone provider in the next week.

Thinking about getting a iPhone But, However have few issues .....when I go away to Orlando soon will I be charged for using the apps (Such as games, twitter, ereader etc)?

I have heard that you can turn the Roaming conection off as well is this correct?

My contract is up with my phone provider in the next week.

Thinking about getting a iPhone But, However have few issues .....when I go away to Orlando soon will I be charged for using the apps (Such as games, twitter, ereader etc)?

I have heard that you can turn the Roaming conection off as well is this correct?

You can turn the roaming thing off and as long as your apps don't go online (e.g. Facebook) then you won't be charged for them.

Based on technological design and user compatibility, iPhone's are brilliant. Unfortunately, they're brittle as fuck, even the most insignificant drop can break the screen. Almost everyone I know with an iPhone has a cracked screen. Some apps you get charged for, some are free (hint: many games have free versions that just include ads). And yes you can turn the Roaming connection off.

How's this for bad luck- in December, I got a contract for an iPhone. In January, I went on a beachside picnic and went to hide my phone away so I could go swimming. Mum thought that was stupid, someone could steal it, so she held onto it. She forgot she had it in her pocket and walked into the lake. Bye bye phone. So Mum forked out the neccessary money to replace it, then on St Patrick's Day my drunk mate tackled me over while I was texting, screen shatters. He promises to pay to get it replaced, never did. So I continued to use the shattered phone, until a drunk night out in Sydney where I woke up the next morning in a random apartment and my phone was stolen. Keys, wallet, everything else there, but they took the broken phone. I don't think God ever intended me to have an iPhone, still don't have one until I can fork up the insurance money, since the bastard that broke it in the first place never paid up. :angry:

Based on technological design and user compatibility, iPhone's are brilliant. Unfortunately, they're brittle as fuck, even the most insignificant drop can break the screen. Almost everyone I know with an iPhone has a cracked screen. Some apps you get charged for, some are free (hint: many games have free versions that just include ads). And yes you can turn the Roaming connection off.

How's this for bad luck- in December, I got a contract for an iPhone. In January, I went on a beachside picnic and went to hide my phone away so I could go swimming. Mum thought that was stupid, someone could steal it, so she held onto it. She forgot she had it in her pocket and walked into the lake. Bye bye phone. So Mum forked out the neccessary money to replace it, then on St Patrick's Day my drunk mate tackled me over while I was texting, screen shatters. He promises to pay to get it replaced, never did. So I continued to use the shattered phone, until a drunk night out in Sydney where I woke up the next morning in a random apartment and my phone was stolen. Keys, wallet, everything else there, but they took the broken phone. I don't think God ever intended me to have an iPhone, still don't have one until I can fork up the insurance money, since the bastard that broke it in the first place never paid up. :angry:

Why don't you just buy a protective case? I have a rubber case thing, have dropped it loads of times and never had any problems.

Ive not had my iPhone in a case and ive dropped it on concrete from 3-4 feet about 2 or 3 times and the only damage is a slight chip in one of the corners, barely noticeable.

As mentioned, you can turn roaming off, something I didnt do during a trip to NY, cost me

• Paid Members

They are nowhere near as fragile as Shane O'Mac makes out. I've dropped mine loads of times, and it looks as good as new. I'd actually say its one of the most durable phones I've had in years, since the Nokia3310 (which are surely the greatest phone ever?). In recent years I've had an N95, a HTC Hero and a Samsung Toco for a short spell, and the iPhone, which I've had since January, is easily the best phone of the lot.

I know 2 people who have had the iphone replaced at the apple shop with totally cracked screens and no insurance.

my sleep button sank in on mine and i popped along to the same store and they replaced it as well.

aahhhhh............. :wub: texts could be written in world record time on this

nokia3310.jpg

i dunno about iphone, seems a bit of a big initial cost, and am happy with the free blackberrys, plus i prefer buttons

If your going to get an iPhone be prepared to be dependant with it. I don't know what I'd do without my iPhone now, it controls so much for me. I have apps which control my money,paypal,betting slips and all sorts of stuff. Not to mention obviously the super slick screen which is great for video viewing and pictures ect. There's not alot it CANT do.

I have a rubber protect case and I've dropped it loads of times which no damage what so ever, I think your just really unlucky mate :(

I just got one, but as someone who has never used I Tunes, I am finding it a real pain to download and install the program on my laptop as it has just about had it.

Wasn't told I would need to download I Tunes to use the phone when I got it so I am not impressed.

Archived