IPW:UK Summer Sizzler 2011 - Sun July 10th 2011, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel a bit guilty about not going, especially if ipw:uk are feeling the pinch. However, I can't go this time because I have a family thing on sunday. I planned on seeing the show on the NOAH weekend but frankly I didn't feel like I could do the 2 hour drive home at night (Night driving really takes a lot out of me).

Where do you have to drive to buddy ?

I reckon maybe Andy is saying that if the support isn't greater then maybe he won't run quite so often. I personally think that May was a hell of a month with the Noah and 1pw weekenders ( and of course Southside ;) ) and maybe people were a bit skint or in some cases just couldn't handle the travelling over the 3 days. I'm sure it will be rammed Sunday :thumbsup:

It seems like this is a really unfortunate date as many people seem like they won't be able to make it. Hopefully a lot of locals will turn up as it's the summer and there should be a younger audience. But i hope IPW:UK isn't really struggling that bad

Big Japan strong style junior wrestler.

Just a random youtube match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prK-FO73Fxw...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7XzX-K4x9U...feature=related

Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Ryuichi Kawakami vs Yoshihito Sasaki, Shinya Ishikawa & Masashi Ohtani

Just six dudes beating the ever loving crap out of each other.

Shinya Ishikawa is from Big Japan. He's only been wrestling for 3 years. Despite that, he throws a fantastic dropkick. He is quite good at working as both an agressive guy and as an underdog. He forms a good tag team with Yoshihito Sasaki.

His style is strike based. His main finishes are the missile dropkick and a hard running elbow.

The reason he is in the UK is that WxW and Big Japan have a talent exchange program: Guys like Bad Bones, Big Van Walter, Kim Ray and Bernd Fohr have gone to Japan, and WxW have booked Ishikawa, Sasaki, Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi in the past.

It seems there are a lot of regulars from here who aren't going to this show. I won't be making it down either, as i need to save the money for my summer holidays and petrol alone to and from the show would cost over

Im off to this one later today. Quite looking forward to it although this show and the last one just kind of lacked the usual buzz for me.

Im glad to see Jon Ryan on an IPW main card, quite a fan of his especially after seeing more of him in WXW, I think that tag match could turn out to be a cracker and Im also looking forward to Marty's match, he hasnt disapointed yet and dont see that changing with Gresham in there. Gulak against Redman should be good aswell although Im starting to tire of joel a bit, good look, solid basics but he hasnt got alot else going for him right now in my opinion. Seeing some new faces with the cruiserweights will also be nice, I also really like T-Bone as a big man and Fraizer as an underdog can be alright if a bit goofy in times. Infact, what worrys me the most about this show is the thing I care about the least going in is the main event/world title picture, I can't really pinpoint why it just seems a bit "m'eh". Well regardless Im sure I will more than get my moneys worth with IPW, I always have and I always come away happy along with the girlfriend that "hates" wrestling, it seems to be growing on her aswell.

As for Andy's message people are talking about, that worries me. I see IPW as the last sort of "special" regular british promotion, if that makes sense? It only promotes the best wrestling talent in the UK and brings over a fantastic selection of up and coming imports aswell as more established international names. Thanks to IPW Ive seen Sami Callihan, Cole & O Reily, Morishima, Suzuki, Juvi, Paul London and El generico (twice) and more in the last 12 months. Ive got to witness the greatest tag team in the UK and possibly europe with the Leaders, see the evolution of Martin Stone, see someone like big Dave, who even though Im personally not a big fan of, always goes out there and pushes himself to his limit, doing things someone of his size should not be able to do. Theres much more but bottom line Ive always been proud to be a fan of IPW, as mentioned earlier I take the mrs along, Ive taken other family members and friends to shows and no one has ever been disapointed. IPW fills the void that the old FWA left after 2004/BU3 and the fact that it isnt looked at as a UK based talent hotbed like a Ring of Honor, or even at the same level as FWA previously has always confused me. I don't known quite whats missing It just doesn't seem to draw the same attention, buzz or attendance. Id be gutted if anything happend to IPW and honestly dont know where else Id look for UK wrestling on the same level.

Archived