2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
Jose to Hearts? Aha.

You joke about it, but both he and Villas-Boas did their coaching training in Scotland...

The odds are gonna be so huge it's gotta be worth a punt on one of them, or Carlos Quieroz (sp?) - imagine the pay-off if it turns out to be true!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd seen this guy rumoured - Jose Couceiro

Is the current Caretaker at Lokomotiv Moscow and has managed at Kaunas and Lithuania too so it's a possibility. Hearts really are a fucking Circus though. :laugh:

And to think poor Jimmy Calderwood is still out of work.

• Paid Members
Serious question Marty, would you not rather have Jimmy back? You were in a much better position under Jimmy.

Truthfully, while Jimmy would have undoubtedly done a better job than McGhee the squad he left us with was a fucking shambles and not even Sir Alex or Jose Mourinho could have got us into the top 6.

Things had been going downhill for a while under Jimmy's management and while I can't deny he got results It was more through luck than anything else that we got into Europe in his final season and his signings had become mostly misses (Sammy Stewart, Tommy Wright, Rogvi Holm). So I'd have to say no I wouldn't want him back.

EDIT - to actually answer the question.

Hibernian v Berwick Rangers

East Fife v Dunfermline Athletic

St. Johnstone v Livingston

Airdrie United v Raith Rovers

Falkirk v Stenhousemuir

Ayr United v Inverness Cal. Th.

Queen of the South v Forfar Athletic

Morton v St. Mirren

Hamilton Academical v Ross County

Clyde v Motherwell

Aberdeen v Dundee

League Cup draw. That is the dream draw right there.

• Paid Members
Hibernian v Berwick Rangers

East Fife v Dunfermline Athletic

St. Johnstone v Livingston

Airdrie United v Raith Rovers

Falkirk v Stenhousemuir

Ayr United v Inverness Cal. Th.

Queen of the South v Forfar Athletic

Morton v St. Mirren

Hamilton Academical v Ross County

Clyde v Motherwell

Aberdeen v Dundee

League Cup draw. That is the dream draw right there.

Indeed. Jambo - you boys are going down!!!! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Whats the forfeit then for the loser?

Really like that draw. Wanted either Stennie at Dens or this tie.

Forfeit? I could be completely professional and get your name, weight and place of birth right for once?

Of course - There is no way we will lose that game!!

Forfeit? I could be completely professional and get your name, weight and place of birth right for once?

Of course - There is no way we will lose that game!!

I never bet for or against Rangers because I'm scared to jinx it, except if some exceptional odds come up for something. If I was an Aberdeen fan I wouldn't bet on them even if Willy Hills were offering 1M/1 for a 1-0 victory against Peterhead!

Like Tottenham and Liverpool, Aberdeen are the team I never touch! Can win one week against a top six team and get pumped out a cup by a D3 team the next.

• Paid Members
I never bet for or against Rangers because I'm scared to jinx it, except if some exceptional odds come up for something. If I was an Aberdeen fan I wouldn't bet on them even if Willy Hills were offering 1M/1 for a 1-0 victory against Peterhead!

Like Tottenham and Liverpool, Aberdeen are the team I never touch! Can win one week against a top six team and get pumped out a cup by a D3 team the next.

I'm sure Jambo just meant a friendly no-money-at-stake bet. I hope he did anyway.

I've never had a bet come off when Aberdeen have been involved. Granted I usually picked Scoreline & 1st/last scorer but I eventually just gave up betting on them. The Queen Of The South semi-final was the final straw. I won't get burnt again.

Archived