Catching up on UFC since 120

Jason Mayhem

I've just had a look through and am really struggling to pick out stand out shows. There are at least a couple of fights on each show that are really good, but then some poor ones also.

The latest show UFC 129 is probably my favourite of the lot especially if you include the preliminary fights as they were all fantastic.

UFC 122 is the poorest in my opinion. The main card was terrible but there are a few decent fights/finishes on the prelims.

121, featured one of the most dynamic one round main events in recent times, Lesnar vs Velasquez. Also has a great Sanchez v Thiago fight and the best Ortiz fight in about the last 5 years (more an indicator of how shit Tito has gotten rather than the fight quality.

123, great fight with Sotiropoulos and Lauzon, BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes III and there's Rampage vs Machida, where the first two rounds are meh, but the 3rd round is sweet.

124, really good top to bottom, Alves vs Howard, Miller vs Oliveira, Struve vs McCorkle, Riddle vs Pearson, GSP vs Koscheck II. All vastly different but very exciting fights.

125, not much name power, but it has Guida's mental dancing, Leben getting KTFO and an absolute war between Edgar and Maynard in the main event.

128, Faber's debut, and Jon Jones becoming champ. Also, the best Cro Cop has looked for a while, Miller bros doing great in their home state, and a wild prelim with Edson Barboza.

129- You like submissions, brutal KO's and five round fights of non stop action? Of course you do. 129 was probably the best card this year, just turn it off before the GSP fight, it'll ruin it for you really.

121, featured one of the most dynamic one round main events in recent times, Lesnar vs Velasquez. Also has a great Sanchez v Thiago fight and the best Ortiz fight in about the last 5 years (more an indicator of how shit Tito has gotten rather than the fight quality.

123, great fight with Sotiropoulos and Lauzon, BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes III and there's Rampage vs Machida, where the first two rounds are meh, but the 3rd round is sweet.

124, really good top to bottom, Alves vs Howard, Miller vs Oliveira, Struve vs McCorkle, Riddle vs Pearson, GSP vs Koscheck II. All vastly different but very exciting fights.

125, not much name power, but it has Guida's mental dancing, Leben getting KTFO and an absolute war between Edgar and Maynard in the main event.

128, Faber's debut, and Jon Jones becoming champ. Also, the best Cro Cop has looked for a while, Miller bros doing great in their home state, and a wild prelim with Edson Barboza.

129- You like submissions, brutal KO's and five round fights of non stop action? Of course you do. 129 was probably the best card this year, just turn it off before the GSP fight, it'll ruin it for you really.

Quality thanks!

I really wish I could include 127 in the "must-watch" pile, seeing as I was there, but unfortunately it was kinda average. Worth finding the Hunt vs Tuscherer and Lytle vs Ebersole fights though. The main event sucked all the life out of the show, which was a good one otherwise, blame Jon Fitch.

126 wasn't bad, just not up to expectations. Ignoring the names on the show, it's quite solid.

There's nothing on 122 I can point to that makes it worth a watch. Just avoid it man.

For a non PPV show, check Sanchez vs Kampmann.

Archived