UFC Returns To The UK In October

David

One day short of a full calendar year, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is making its return to England on Oct. 15.

MMAFighting.com reported the return on Wednesday and stated Liverpool's 11,000-seat Echo Arena likely will play host.

While Liverpool is the leading candidate, a source close to the show told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) Nottingham's 10,000-seat National Ice Centre also has been reserved as a possible backup site.

No fighters have been booked for the card, though the organization's British stable of competitors

One day short of a full calendar year, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is making its return to England on Oct. 15.

MMAFighting.com reported the return on Wednesday and stated Liverpool's 11,000-seat Echo Arena likely will play host.

While Liverpool is the leading candidate, a source close to the show told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) Nottingham's 10,000-seat National Ice Centre also has been reserved as a possible backup site.

No fighters have been booked for the card, though the organization's British stable of competitors

• Paid Members

in two minds at the moment, i aint expecting a star-studded card but as it's the only UK card of the year i think i'll be making the trip.

If anyone hear has never been though, i highly recommend it.

Paul Daley too?

He's not a UFC fighter.

True but I read he was at Strike Force's last event and given now theyre own by Zuffa and hes Notts based...

I'll just copy and paste instead of writing it out myself:

At UFC 113, on May 8, 2010, Daley was placed to fight Josh Koscheck, with the winner destined to become the next challenger against Georges St-Pierre for the UFC Welterweight Championship and the opportunity to coach against St-Pierre on the twelfth season of The Ultimate Fighter.

After the end of the third and final round, Koscheck turned his back to Daley to begin walking back to his corner when Daley threw a punch that Koscheck did not manage to block.

In an interview at the conclusion of the event, Dana White announced that Daley would never fight in the UFC ever again. White was quoted as saying, "He'll never come back, I don't care if he's the best 170-pounder in the world. He's never coming back here. There's no excuse for that. You never hit a guy like that after the bell."

Archived