When a wrestler finally 'makes it' in your eyes

Super Cena

I was thinking about the Rise and Fall of ECW where Paul Heyman's talking about Tommy Dreamer finally being embraced by the ECW fans. He says something along the lines of how they'd been giving him such a hard time for so long, and he does the Raven pose and they begin applauding him and chanting "He's hardcore. He's hardcore".

Now, there'll be various levels here of what you personally define as "making it". It could be a wrestler who'd battled for years on the independents who finally gets the recognition he deserves on a main stage or it could be a guy who'd been rated highly his career who finally does something to be accepted in your eyes. There's no set ruling here.

I'm thinking of The Miz' "Hate Me" pre-match promo vid before his match at this year's Mania. I've loved The Miz as much as the next guy has throughout his main event run but watching that video really hammered home just how fucking brilliant he really is. I had goosebumps watching it, and he really is the real deal in my eyes now.

Another one will have to be John Cena at One Night Stand 2006. This was at the height of the anti-Cena fad and here he was in such a hostile environment completely playing his role in the situation to perfection. In fact, I'm also going to go with his match against Shawn Michaels at WM23. His match at ONS got his character over in my eyes, and the WM match against Michaels proved that he was the real deal in the ring as well.

best fuckin topic ever. i near pulled the heid aff it during the miz promo at mania. that made him look fuckin amazin

id say when booker t finally won the wcw belt, he was just kinda there in wcw, then he became this big deal. always loved what he cud do, but when he was put in that match at botb i think he finally made it.

• Paid Members
I'm thinking of The Miz' "Hate Me" pre-match promo vid before his match at this year's Mania. I've loved The Miz as much as the next guy has throughout his main event run but watching that video really hammered home just how fucking brilliant he really is. I had goosebumps watching it, and he really is the real deal in my eyes now.

Yeah, that vid was amazing.

Then The Rock made him look like a complete twat twenty minutes later, and it was all for nothing.

Still, that should definitely be his entrance music and titan tron from now on.

• Paid Members

Then The Rock made him look like a complete twat twenty minutes later, and it was all for nothing.

Why don't they put more video's like that on TV each week? It'd do more to get people over than shit filler matches on Smackdown.

^ Yeah, it's a shame that it panned out the way it did. Had The Miz and Cena gone hell for leather against one another, regardless of whether or not The Miz got the victory, it would have been an amazing career defining moment.

Nas' "Hate Me" now track would be such a perfect fitting entrance theme for a 100% fully blown MVP-esque heel.

• Paid Members

Why don't they put more video's like that on TV each week? It'd do more to get people over than shit filler matches on Smackdown.

That Miz video should be shown on every episode of RAW for the rest of the year. It'd do more to get him over than whatever the booking team come up with. Easily.

^ If not, it'll be worth the price of the DVD just to have that video alone. I'm praying to God that they don't replace it with some generic emo track because they've not got the rights to use it on the DVD release though.

Quality mate, I didn't even bother searching YouTube as I thought they'd have taken the decent ones down by now.

It's right up there with The Rock/Austin WM17, HBK/Taker WM26 and Flair "Leave the Memories Alone" videos.

As has been said already, these sort of video packages can work wonders in getting a wrestler over.

Archived