WrestleMania 28 - Who's Going?

1PW

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Beach really isn't that hard to get to from downtown Miami. We're staying on Ocean Drive in South Beach and we've found quite a few busses that will take us up to AA Arena etc.

We'll mainly spend our time around Miami Beach at the clubs and actually on the beach but the trips for WWE activities to downtown Miami and way out of town for Mania itself should be fairly simple. Bus to everything at the AA Arena, either walk or bus to Axxess and super expensive taxi to Mania.

If we're in the same vicinity, we should arrange to share taxis to Mania. How far away is it? An hour away?

I'll be at the Wyndham Garden hotel on Washington Avenue. TripAdvisor reviews say it's not a great hotel but the location seems to be good and it's one of few that will accept under 21s.

How many are you going with? I don't know how it works over there, but if it's anything like here people can just get a minicab with people going to Mania and split the fare. You might have a fun conversation on the way there with strangers...or you might get someone annoying...but it'd still be worth saving the money.

Created a topic on this in off-topic which has garnered no replies as of yet.

Is anyone who's going to Mania also going to Disney World? I'm looking at possibly going for 2 days. Is 2 days sufficient time to go to all of the four parks? I realise I might have to neglect my hotel on South Beach and try get a hotel in Orlando but I'm willing to do that. The day before or the day after Disney, we'd like to go to Universal Studios too.

Any help or anyone with past experiences would be appreciated.

If we're in the same vicinity, we should arrange to share taxis to Mania. How far away is it? An hour away?

I'll be at the Wyndham Garden hotel on Washington Avenue. TripAdvisor reviews say it's not a great hotel but the location seems to be good and it's one of few that will accept under 21s.

I go out there once a year to watch NFL - I'm a huge Dolphins fan. (And will be out there for Mania staying at the Park Central.)

From South Beach (where I usually stay, and where you are) up to Sun Life Stadium takes about 45 minutes on a Gameday and can cost anywhere between $50-80. But if you're going with others and split the fare that really isn't too expensive.

Your hotel is really well placed for buses, by the way. You can basically go anywhere in Miami for $2, and the service is very realiable. If you walk up to the corner of Collins and 17th you can also get a bus to the airport (number 150) for $2.35 - takes about 45 minutes (again) and will save you a hefty cab fare. Runs every half an hour.

If anyone else has questions fire away - I go annually on a budget so will advise any way I can!

I go out there once a year to watch NFL - I'm a huge Dolphins fan. (And will be out there for Mania staying at the Park Central.)

From South Beach (where I usually stay, and where you are) up to Sun Life Stadium takes about 45 minutes on a Gameday and can cost anywhere between $50-80. But if you're going with others and split the fare that really isn't too expensive.

Your hotel is really well placed for buses, by the way. You can basically go anywhere in Miami for $2, and the service is very realiable. If you walk up to the corner of Collins and 17th you can also get a bus to the airport (number 150) for $2.35 - takes about 45 minutes (again) and will save you a hefty cab fare. Runs every half an hour.

If anyone else has questions fire away - I go annually on a budget so will advise any way I can!

Recommend us some ace places to eat. Anything you think we'd like man, hit us up! :)

Recommend us some ace places to eat. Anything you think we'd like man, hit us up! :)

Clevelander sports bar is my favourite place on South Beach. Seating outside or inside, tonne of screens showing live sport, rocking with live music on a Friday night, and the food and cocktails are fantastic.

Sliders (these are a starter!): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=3&theater

Frozen triple vodka Red Bull: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=3&theater

Oh, and the beach is literally across the road.

There's also a great, cheap Pizza Bar (you read that correctly) on Collins Avenue. Four bucks a slice and they are HUGE and serve a fantastic pint of some kind of foreign lager (I forget the name).

In the mornings if you walk along Ocean Drive you'll find plenty of places offering breakfast at $5 a pop - menus are fairly basic but you'll be well fed because even small portions are huge out there.

There are more pretentious food places (and upmarket shops, including an Apple Store) on Lincoln which is about fifteen minutes walk up Collins then left. Never actually eaten at any of them but there's something for all tastes (and wallet sizes).

Other random thoughts: Cinema at the end of Lincoln Ave (Regal South Beach Stadium 18) is worth a look if you have a couple of hours to kill, and shopping wise you're duty bound to pop into Urban Outfitters at the Southern end of Collins.

All this stuff is walkable if you're staying in SoBe by the way.

Oh, and Improv comedy club in Coconut Grove is my favourite night out there that doesn't involve live sport. Go there every year and it always delivers. Bars nearby stay open long into the night too.

I'll definitely be venturing there on the Thurs or Fri before Mania.

Archived