Frankie Sloane

Having watched Frankie Sloane on the 27/3, it brought back fond memories of seeing All-Star in the early-mid 90's and remembering seeing him as this young, skinny, long hairded kid with Robbie Brookside. Now in 2011 he's 40 yrs old and i was abit curious as to what he's been upto (as havent really folloeed the domestic scene for years).

I think he's great, and can still go, what does evryone else think? and why hasnt he held that many titles, he's clearly a crowd favourite??

I've been to most of the All-Star shows in Grimsby these last 10 years or so (they come twice every year) and Sloane and/or Brookside have been treated like megastars in that building every single time.

The last time I saw them both was in a battle royal where Brookside's knee was so knackered he could barely do anything, so Sloane expertly took charge selling numerous beatdowns and covering most of the big comeback due to Robbie being practically immobile.

I admit there is usually another wrestler or match which leaves more of a lasting impression after those shows, but Frankie hasn't had a bad match round here yet.

He doesn't seem the sort that TNA or WWE would hire, though I'm sure he was in a WWE match, maybe on ECW once, but he's a true pro of the UK scene, wacking out solid match after solid match and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about him personally. All this is why he has a had a great spot in the biggest UK company for many years and probably will continue to till he hangs it up.

Edit - Found fancam footage of him Vs Kozlov

Archived