UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wwffan2's internet connection is absolutely brutal, so much so that I'd consider it completely unfair to opposing players after the game I just experienced.

Bayern Munich 1 - Lyon 1

Gomez 83 Gomis 81

Pathetic. An absolute lag ridden mess of a game which was basically unplayable. Bayern dominated the game from start to finish, Lyon had 3 shots, one header went in. Gomez equalised almost instantly. Everytime Bayern got near the goal there was a 3 second delay in lag. Just awful. Bayern had 20 odd shots but were thwarted by unreal lag. I can accept good defending and there are some great defenders on here, but when you have 8 or 9 clear one on ones and each one of them has lag delay I'm not sure I can accept that.

result just in:

Lyon 1 vs bayern 1

gomis with the goal again for me i was down to ten men aswell for some of the 2nd half.

You played with 10 men for 6 minutes after I walked through your defence again and you hacked me out whilst I was clean through on goal. Again.

I'm up at 7 in the morning and going on a 45 mile hike so I've done a write up on the matches up until games that were played after yesterday. I haven't yet given out awards for this weeks period or updated the scorers but I will do on Thursday night/Friday day when I return and there will also be an update for next weeks games a week on Monday. Apologies but I've had so much packing and arranging to do I haven't had the chance. I have all the scorers noted and I know who will be getting the awards....ahem.....Athletico Madrid......so I will post all this upon my return. Thanks for your understanding on the matter...

Lyon...I will play you either Thursday night, Friday day, Sat or Sun next week.

On with the show....

Week 4 (Mon 11th April -> Sun 17th April)

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Dortmund 0 v 0 Arsenal

Another point for Dortmund as they slowly but surely look to move away from the foot of the table. The Germans were unlucky not to take all three points and but for misfortune and poor finishing they would've done. Arsenal struggled to play their usual swift passing game and so will be happy with the point.

Everton 2 v 2 A.C. Milan

Saha (2)

Unfortunately we do not have the scorers for Milan. If ever there was a case in point for a game not being over until the final whistle then this would be it. Milan were cruising at 2-0 as the clock ticked past the 90 minute mark and surely Everton were done for...?...step up Louis Saha. Two goals in injury time rescued a point for The Toffees and left AC Milan cursing their luck!

Inter 0 v 2 Barcelona (Messi 2)

Inter's woes continued against Spanish opposition despite boss Nicko overhauling his defence they continue to leak goals. This time it was Barcelona who profited with a brace from Lionel Messi. A well deserved victory for the Catalans as they dominated proceedings keeping Inters chances to a minimum.

Man City P v P Aston Villa

Napoli 0 v 7 Atletico Madrid(Forlan 4, Aguero 2, Reyes)

The heaviest defeat of the round. Forlan looks to be running away with the golden boot and is the man to be caught. A hat trick before half time had helped Madrid to a 5 goal lead and left Napoli staring a heavy defeat in teh face still with half the game to play. Athletico managed 14 out of their 17 shots on target here and unfortunately for Napoli caught them on a red hot day! Well done!

Real Madrid 1v 5 Chelsea (Drogba 2, Torres 2, Lampard)

Ronaldo

In their last three games Madrid had recorded a goal difference of scored 12 and conceded 2 so you would be forgiven for thinking that they had turned the corner. Unfortunately for them it was Chelsea who were waiting around that corner. The side who must be considered the league favourites put 5 past a shambolic Madrid defence with no remorse. Onwards and upwards for Chelsea! Mid-Table mediocrity beckons for Madrid!

Roma v Lyon

Tottenham 1 v 1 Liverpool (Suarez)

Defoe

It all happened late on in this game. 12 minutes from time Luis Suarez gave The Reds the lead only to be foiled by a late Jermaine Defoe goal in stoppage time. The game was brought to an abrupt and slightly early halt due to floodlight failiure but both managers agreed that a draw was the fair result.

A.C. Milan 0 v 0 Dortmund

A share of the points for these two. The game was not without its chances, mostly chances for Milan but Dortmund will certainly have been the happier of the two sides with the end result.

Arsenal 0 v 1 Bayern Munich (Tymoschuk)

Arsenal may argue that they at least deserved a point from this game as admitted by Bayen boss Bumclasshero. Unfortunately for them Lady luck was wearing the red top of Bayern Munich today and the Germans stole all three points with a fine drive from Tymoschuk. Despite having a shot cleared off the line in the closing minutes Arsenal couldn't find a way through.

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Barcelona 1 v 0 Everton

Pique

Some may argue that Barca were fortunate to come out of this game with a victory; Everton certainly rattled them and but for poor finishing and an inspired Victor Valdes they would've taken a share of the spoils. Barcelona will be there or thereabouts come the end and Everton's impressive start to the season could well see them vying for contention also.

Chelsea P v P Man City

Liverpool 1 v 2 Inter Milan(Eto'o 2)

Carroll

By half time in this one Inter had amassed a two goal lead. The Liverpool defence had been undone by two delightful through balls that had both found Samuel Eto'o and the Cameroonian was lethal in his finishing. In the second half Liverpool grabbed a goal back through Andy Carroll as they increasingly became a force in the game but Inter held on.

Lyon v Real Madrid

Man Utd v Napoli

Week 3 remainders:

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Dortmund 0 v 4 Atletico Madrid (Aguero, Forlan, Suarez, Reyes)

"Dortmund are dog shit!" That was a quote from the Dortmund boss. He is seeing his side constantly playing below their capabilities and it was much the same again here as Athletico continue to bang the goals in. Forlan once more among the scorers putting him in major contention for the golden boot.

Man City P v P Inter Milan

Liverpool P v P Man City

Lyon v Napoli

Week 2 remainders (last week to play these):

Everton v Lyon

Lyon v Dortmund

Was everyone sent an invite by wwffan2 or did you invite him? Would be best to try sending him a game request and see if it makes any difference with his other games this week. If not, a replacement unfortunately may be needed.

Edit: If the inviting wwffan2 works, then I think it would be fair to allow the people who've played him to replay those matches (thanks to bumclass for suggesting that).

Lyon 4 Dortmund 1 (Barios scored for me fuck knows who scored for Lyon).

Dortmund dominated a very laggy first half but got out paced three times as Lyon capitalised on lag and poor defence.

Second half Dortmund went down to 10 men and my sister continued the remainder of the game (she's five bless her), Lyon went 4-0 around the 50th minute and I took back over the controls with at around 85 mins to get a goal back.

I really need to change teams though because Dortmund have no pace and I feel I could offer more with a better team, fuck Dortmund I just want to quit if I have to be them any more times. Even Lyon are better.

Before any decision is made, I looked at your team most of your attacking players are quite pacey (80+ for pace/acceleration), including Blaszczykowski who's 90 for both. You also have Zidan on the bench who's mid-80s on both.

Have you tried changing formation/lineup as Dortmund's default formation isn't great by the look of it and seems to hurt your left and right attacking midfielders in particular which likely causes their attributes to drop whilst they're in that formation.

edit: Just checked and moving to a 4-4-1-1(1) and moving Gotze's posiiton back to a AM position and seems to help most of your midfield play to their full strength and gives you an extra point in midfield overall.

Was everyone sent an invite by wwffan2 or did you invite him? Would be best to try sending him a game request and see if it makes any difference with his other games this week. If not, a replacement unfortunately may be needed.

Dortmund dominated a very laggy first half but got out paced three times as Lyon capitalised on lag and poor defence.

Second half Dortmund went down to 10 men and my sister continued the remainder of the game (she's five bless her), Lyon went 4-0 around the 50th minute and I took back over the controls with at around 85 mins to get a goal back.

I really need to change teams though because Dortmund have no pace and I feel I could offer more with a better team, fuck Dortmund I just want to quit if I have to be them any more times. Even Lyon are better.

Before any decision is made, I looked at your team most of your attacking players are quite pacey (80+ for pace/acceleration), including Blaszczykowski who's 90 for both. You also have Zidan on the bench who's mid-80s on both.

Have you tried changing formation/lineup as Dortmund's default formation isn't great by the look of it and seems to hurt your left and right attacking midfielders in particular which likely causes their attributes to drop whilst they're in that formation.

My formation is 4-3-3 but that tends to be what I use anyway on football games and Barios isn't all that really, shit finisher (might just be that I am shit lol).

Yeah he sent me the invite in mine.

Great work again Stunstone, enjoy your trip!

Bayern Munich 1 - Everton 0

Robben 65

Much more like it in terms of lag, or none as it happens! Incredibly tight game again, showing the standard here is pretty close. Everton and Bayern both had several chances in either half but none really clear cut. Saha forced a smart stop from Butt with a 20 yard low left foot drive. Bayern were mainly restricted to shooting from distance, as were Everton, although there was some lovely passing moves from both sides throughout the game. The deciding moment came in the 65th minute when Schweinsteiger fizzed in a 25 yarder which Howard did well to get to, unfortunately for Everton he parried it back in to play whilst diving at full stretch, and amongst a crowd of bodies, little Arjen Robben emerged to volley home the rebound and send Bayern on their way to a second 1 nil win over English opposition in a week.

il come out of the tournament if you want, the only game i think i should replay is the game against munich i have been in touch with virgin bumclasshero wanna redo that match 2nite m8, the other match the score was so one sided dont think i should have to replay it.

im with virgin adsl anyone know how i can improve connection ? , i was thinking maybe not doing anything else online during fifa games any i will replay all three games , any chance i could change my team lyon are a shambles can i choose someone else many thanks.

im with virgin adsl anyone know how i can improve connection ? , i was thinking maybe not doing anything else online during fifa games any i will replay all three games , any chance i could change my team lyon are a shambles can i choose someone else many thanks.

Were you downloading? As that can cause a lot of lag.

If you're replaying all your games anyway you can choose another team (the first week's results still stand though).

Archived