Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

What do you make of tom, and also, what do you make of tom asking for your opinion on him?

I'm unsure about Tom, but he hasn't stood out either way to me thus far. I really don't have any overriding opinion of his question either really, I mean it's just WIFOM speculation isn't it?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
EBWOP - Carbomb jumped on spotlight as soon as he claimed bomb - which if Carbom was scum would make sense so as to avoid having to drop the hammer and get blown up. If it ends up as a scum wagon then they'll jump on early and ensure that a townie drops the hammer

Why would the scum start a wagon on a claimed bomb? That just doesn't make sense to me. I think his wagon's a bit silly, don't get me wrong - and heck, he might be scum, but I don't think the fact he's voting for spotlightmagnet is particularly condemning.

Perhaps just to get rid of the bomb; if the bomb is painted as being scum then it would be easier to persuade a town vig to take him out and hey presto, scum takes someone else out without having to explode themselves. Or in the other scenario, with all the scum on-board early they could portray the act of dropping the hammer as a glorious act of self-sacrifice and a pro-town move and watch as a loyal town player drops the hammer and two more town are dead

I'm solid on Swift being scum. He was actively trying to disperse votes on Nexus and i'm more convinced of him than you right now. I admit to being stunned that Chris B was town though.

Maybe. I just don't see the logic in killing Chris B overnight. If he's scum, that choice is utterly baffling to me.

Why? It's about playing the odds surely? They have 2 kills, SMS was already risky choice because the weak doc (if town) might have protected him. Using the 2nd kill on me would double the odds of hitting the protected player (being that we're high on the list) and they've already got me blocked anyway. Avoid spotlight because he's the bomb, so now we're down to the lower ranks, mostly vanilla so why not go low and avoid the chance of hitting that protected slot?

I don't see why any scum NK could ever be considered 'baffling' because we don't know what they've discussed or planned at night.

• Paid Members
I'm solid on Swift being scum. He was actively trying to disperse votes on Nexus and i'm more convinced of him than you right now. I admit to being stunned that Chris B was town though.

Maybe. I just don't see the logic in killing Chris B overnight. If he's scum, that choice is utterly baffling to me.

Why? It's about playing the odds surely? They have 2 kills, SMS was already risky choice because the weak doc (if town) might have protected him. Using the 2nd kill on me would double the odds of hitting the protected player (being that we're high on the list) and they've already got me blocked anyway. Avoid spotlight because he's the bomb, so now we're down to the lower ranks, mostly vanilla so why not go low and avoid the chance of hitting that protected slot?

I don't see why any scum NK could ever be considered 'baffling' because we don't know what they've discussed or planned at night.

The overriding theory is that scum keep as many suspicious town alive as possible, in the hope that their staying alive looks scummy enough to lynch.

EBWOP - Carbomb jumped on spotlight as soon as he claimed bomb - which if Carbom was scum would make sense so as to avoid having to drop the hammer and get blown up. If it ends up as a scum wagon then they'll jump on early and ensure that a townie drops the hammer

Why would the scum start a wagon on a claimed bomb? That just doesn't make sense to me. I think his wagon's a bit silly, don't get me wrong - and heck, he might be scum, but I don't think the fact he's voting for spotlightmagnet is particularly condemning.

Perhaps just to get rid of the bomb; if the bomb is painted as being scum then it would be easier to persuade a town vig to take him out and hey presto, scum takes someone else out without having to explode themselves. Or in the other scenario, with all the scum on-board early they could portray the act of dropping the hammer as a glorious act of self-sacrifice and a pro-town move and watch as a loyal town player drops the hammer and two more town are dead

Ron your theories are starting to worry me again. Scum starting a wagon on a (for now lets assume) town bomb makes no sense? Of course it does. Bomb gets lynched, townie hammers, 2 dead town, scum win. What's not to make sense of there?

• Paid Members
What do you make of tom, and also, what do you make of tom asking for your opinion on him?

I'm unsure about Tom, but he hasn't stood out either way to me thus far. I really don't have any overriding opinion of his question either really, I mean it's just WIFOM speculation isn't it?

My main thought behind asking other players to comment on me was simply so that everyone has more opinions to look at; the more views we get the better any decisions made will be, was my logic. And, for more selfish reasons I wanted to know what others thought too.

The overriding theory is that scum keep as many suspicious town alive as possible, in the hope that their staying alive looks scummy enough to lynch.

There is that too, although I'm now starting to doubt myself. Would Swift go along with killing 2 people out of 4 on a wagon he's on, it'd just be such an alarm bell.

• Paid Members

Maybe, I kinda saw it as a daft attempt to suggest the two of you were in some sort of team with him. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but he just doesn't sit right with me just now. More so than anyone else, in fact.

As brownie said, Chris B was the easiest player to frame. Obviously you'd have to consider that if swiftstrike actually was scum then he'd be so alongside two other players in this game. Anyway: Chris B was the easiest player to frame. Why not kill one out of Carbomb, unfitfinlay or brownie? At least one of these guys are scum - but if swiftstrike actually is scum then all three of them can't be. So why not just kill one of them instead? Killing Chris B just doesn't make sense to me. In fact, I'd go as far as to call it stupid. And I don't think swiftstrike's daft enough to do that.

• Paid Members
We need to hear from the last 2 unclaimed players, Carbomb and Finlay.

I agree. Either of you care to claim?

I will. I wanted to wait until Carbomb claimed (for reasons that should be obvious) but it seems inevitable now so.....

I'm Vanilla as well. I went for the Universal Back Up role that Seph got. Unfortunately, I drastically underestimated how important vanillas would be in this game and went for the role I thought I'd be most likely to get, rather than the one that would be most useful. Appears I wasn't the only one to think that way either.

Anyway, if you've been paying attention, this means that either Bristep is lying about being blocked or one of the Vanilla claims (Brownie, Tom or myself) is lying and is actually the scum roleblocker.

Bristep - Well, he voted for Nexus after he slipped, said he was going to "interrogate" him but then accepted Nexus excuse without question then switched his vote back to me and then onto Ron. I'm not sure how helpful the Watcher role would be to the scum though.

Tom - Really overreacted to Ron's attempt to trap him in the last phase which made me suspicious. Has completely backed off from Ron this phase though, which could be innocent but could also be that his scum buddies told him to back off during the night phase.

Brownie - Well, he hammered Nexus but, as Spotlight pointed out, that could've just been a way to cut scums losses and make himself look town (WIFOM, I know). Was also immediately under Nexus in the draft which would be really helpful when making the false claim: If Nexus went for One Night Vig and didn't get it then TDK could claim he went for it knowing full well someone above both of them had the role.

So, yeah, at least one of those three is scum, though I fully expect to be a suspect as well. Any questions?

• Paid Members

Ron your theories are starting to worry me again. Scum starting a wagon on a (for now lets assume) town bomb makes no sense? Of course it does. Bomb gets lynched, townie hammers, 2 dead town, scum win. What's not to make sense of there?

I disagree, and here's why - at this stage for such a wagon to work all three scum members would need to get on the wagon before the town hammered. Now, for this to happen the scum risk revealing themselves. And if it doesn't, then the scum would have to hammer the person in question anyway. And if that happens they can't win the game today. The scum don't NEED a town bomb death to win the game, so why start a lynch on a claimed bomb?

Hopefully my thinking makes more sense to you now.

Anyway, if you've been paying attention, this means that either Bristep is lying about being blocked or one of the Vanilla claims (Brownie, Tom or myself) is lying and is actually the scum roleblocker.

Erm, Carbomb's yet to claim, and you draw attention to this at the start of the post yourself. Do you maybe know something about him that we don't?

FOS unfitfinlay

• Paid Members

Erm, Carbomb's yet to claim, and you draw attention to this at the start of the post yourself. Do you maybe know something about him that we don't?

FOS unfitfinlay

There's only one role that we know for a fact is in the game that hasn't already been claimed and Carbomb is the only one yet to claim. His role seems pretty obvious.

• Paid Members

FOS unfitfinlay

There's only one role that we know for a fact is in the game that hasn't already been claimed and Carbomb is the only one yet to claim. His role seems pretty obvious.

Sorry, which role is that? I've possibly missed something in the thread.

EBWOP: Unless you're talking about the blocker role?

• Paid Members

FOS unfitfinlay

I didn't really want to spell it out but, Lion said he went for the Weak Doctor role. He flipped town so we know he had no reason to lie and if I'm not the Doctor then it has to be Carbomb no?

Sorry for outing you, Carbomb but we are at LyLo and it does mean that at least one of Bristep, Brownie and Tom are scum. Can you tell us who you protected in the previous phases and confirm them as town?

I didn't really want to spell it out but, Lion said he went for the Weak Doctor role. He flipped town so we know he had no reason to lie and if I'm not the Doctor then it has to be Carbomb no?

Sorry for outing you, Carbomb but we are at LyLo and it does mean that at least one of Bristep, Brownie and Tom and Finlay are scum. Can you tell us who you protected in the previous phases and confirm them as town?

Fixed that for ya. Let's run down the list. Out of the vanilla claims out there, you're the only one who claimed a power already out there. Tom claimed bomb, which Spotlight later claimed to have, TDK claimed odd night vig which Swift has now claimed. You claimed UNV, however that was already out there. Of the 3 vanilla claims out there, yours is the least convincing right now.

• Paid Members

FOS unfitfinlay

Sorry for outing you, Carbomb but we are at LyLo and it does mean that at least one of Bristep, Brownie and Tom are scum. Can you tell us who you protected in the previous phases and confirm them as town?

Finlay, it could also mean you are scum. Plus, how do you know the roleblocker is scum? Is it because you're scum. And the roleblocker?

Archived