Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I have repeatedly said I don't find him suspicious at the moment, plus with having such a powerful role, it would be best to discuss it with him before lynching him.

You can do this tonight, as well as the rest of us during the next days play, but he is V/LA until tomorrow and doesn't say whether he will be back before the deadline.

Trying to eliminate a powerful role without wanting to discuss it first is not really good for the town.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have repeatedly said I don't find him suspicious at the moment, plus with having such a powerful role, it would be best to discuss it with him before lynching him.

You can do this tonight, as well as the rest of us during the next days play, but he is V/LA until tomorrow and doesn't say whether he will be back before the deadline.

Trying to eliminate a powerful role without wanting to discuss it first is not really good for the town.

I agree. However, I think some serious questions have been raised by your defence of him. I think there's a very good chance you're scum and have backed yourself into a corner here. I think the best course of action for the town is to lynch you for that reason. If I'm right and you're scum we can seriously scrutinize Snake tomorrow and hopefully nail our second scum, killing two of their best roles in two nights.

If I'm wrong, then we've not lost a hugely useful town role, and while it doesn't confirm Snake as town it at least confirms you're not working alongside eachother, and we can work from there to determine his allignment. There's invaluable info to be gained from your lynch, potentially game winning stuff.

I agree. However, I think some serious questions have been raised by your defence of him. I think there's a very good chance you're scum and have backed yourself into a corner here. I think the best course of action for the town is to lynch you for that reason. If I'm right and you're scum we can seriously scrutinize Snake tomorrow and hopefully nail our second scum, killing two of their best roles in two nights.

If I'm wrong, then we've not lost a hugely useful town role, and while it doesn't confirm Snake as town it at least confirms you're not working alongside eachother, and we can work from there to determine his allignment. There's invaluable info to be gained from your lynch, potentially game winning stuff.

After reviewing this topic, with so many players away and possibly not back till after the deadline, there is only one person with anywhere enough votes on them that will guarantee us a lynch and that is Snake.

I really need to think about this for a while, as I really don't want to vote for him, but if I don't I feel we may not get a lynch in which would not be good.

• Paid Members

It's certainly unfortunate that discussion has died so close to deadline, but this kinda happened last week too. I wonder if it's because deadline day eve is on a weekend, and people have plans? Perhaps Mike could make the next cut-off point a Tuesday to see if this helps thread responses at the later stages? I mean, the thread seemed to be bustling earlier in the week.

• Paid Members
So you're willing to lynch someone you think is town rather than not lynch any town people at all?

*headdesk*

Nexus, you've been pretty quiet so far. So here's your chance to speak up.

1. Who are your top three suspects, and why?

2. Anyone in particular that you think might be town?

3. You voted for swiftstrike pretty earlier on last dayphase, and left your vote on him for a good majority of the day - if he's not one of your top three suspects now (he might well be, rendering this question redundant) how and why have your feelings changed?

4. What do you make of SMS's role claim?

So you're willing to lynch someone you think is town rather than not lynch any town people at all?

*headdesk*

No, I was willing to think about it, so I did and I have chosen not to.

I am trying hard to balance my beliefs and doing what I think is right for the town whilst struggling to keep myself and Snake alive.

It doesn't matter what else I say on this matter as people just keep trying to twist things.

First it was Bristep and now it is you Nexus.

• Paid Members

Nexus, you've been pretty quiet so far. So here's your chance to speak up.

1. Who are your top three suspects, and why? Swiftstrike, Snake or SMS or both. I'd prefer Snake/SMS to eat the lynch today so as the other one is confirmed, since it's our best lead.

2. Anyone in particular that you think might be town? No

3. You voted for swiftstrike pretty earlier on last dayphase, and left your vote on him for a good majority of the day - if he's not one of your top three suspects now (he might well be, rendering this question redundant) how and why have your feelings changed? REDUNDANT

4. What do you make of SMS's role claim? Well, it's given us a lead on Snake. I think we need to lynch one of them though.

• Paid Members
1. Who are your top three suspects, and why? Swiftstrike, Snake or SMS or both. I'd prefer Snake/SMS to eat the lynch today so as the other one is confirmed, since it's our best lead.

Given that Snake is supposedly bulletproof, why do you think he's a good lynch? Do you believe his claim?

Why are Snake and SMS a better lynch than swiftstrike?

Why has swiftstrike gone from being your number one lynch, to your number three?

Bristep has had the FOS pointed at him today, what do you make of him?

Tom claims he went for the bomb role but didn't get it, making him vanilla. What do you make of this claim, and what do you make of Tom?

If you had to pick a scum team of four out of the remaining players who would it be?

• Paid Members

Okay SMS' claim has thrown everything up in the air for me.

The big problem I have with it is these quotes from El Nicko Loco before Snake replaced him.

SMS, I'm guessing you picked either a vigilante role or bulletproof. I'm leaning towards bulletproof, as that was a role which got a lot of coverage in the previous game and it's obviously an attractive prospect for the number one draft pick. That's not to say I think you're scum though, just that if you did go bulletproof then obviously it means only a lynch will take you down.

If you are town, like I suspect you are, then play it cooler than you did in the previous game to avoid getting turned on by your fellow townies. With a power role you're a big asset to us and I'd urge people to lean towards protecting SMS for the time being if they have one of those roles.

nicko that looks a lot like role fishing to me. and if you believe sms would take bulletproof why would he need protecting unless you are trying to free the way to a kill tonight.

It's not exactly role-fishing or rocket science though, SMS was the number one pick and he basically admitted that he had a power role, not that you couldn't tell anyway.

Plus, I wouldn't expect for a second for SMS to come out and actually say which of those roles he was, be it a vigilante or a bulletproof guy. Likewise I wouldn't expect anyone to actually post a protection role they have in the topic. My gut suspicion would say bulletproof, because SMS has been targeted before, the last game being an example, without really having much of a chance of survival. With the bulletproof option he could select from winning the draft pick, it gives him a degree of immunity he didn't have previously.

If Nicko was bulletproof then why would he make the argument that SMS is? My first thought was that he was trying to trap SMS into making a false claim but it simply doesn't read that way to me. Especially since he repeatedly makes the point that he suspects SMS is town and even urges anybody who can to protect him (which would kill a weak Doctor).

It just doesn't add to me. My vote stays where it is.

• Paid Members
I know that the mafia scum wiki is considered dated but from it there is this;

* Role Cop:

Investigates, but receives information about ability instead of alignment.

Receives information about ability instead of alignment. So I wouldn't expect them to get a Goon or Vanilla result.

In previous games, Mike has actually returned the rolecop result as town **** or scum ****.

• Paid Members

* Role Cop:

Receives information about ability instead of alignment. So I wouldn't expect them to get a Goon or Vanilla result.

In previous games, Mike has actually returned the rolecop result as town **** or scum ****.

Well, SMS has admitted he HASN'T received this info - he says he just "has a feeling" about Snake. Either that or he IS a rolecop, but for the scum alongside Snake and is lying.

• Paid Members

* Role Cop:

Well, SMS has admitted he HASN'T received this info - he says he just "has a feeling" about Snake. Either that or he IS a rolecop, but for the scum alongside Snake and is lying.

I see.

Can anyone honestly see the bulletproof role being a scum one? Scum only need to dodge a vig at night, town need to dodge scum and a vig at night. That'd be seriously one sided if we had bulletproof scum.

I'm struggling to recall a town rolecop. Mafia Scum 2, Royal Rumble, WCW/nWo all had scum rolecops. I can't remember a game that had a town one. Can anyone?

• Paid Members
I'm struggling to recall a town rolecop. Mafia Scum 2, Royal Rumble, WCW/nWo all had scum rolecops. I can't remember a game that had a town one. Can anyone?

Actually, in WCW/nWo, the Rolecop role (Sting) was a Free Agent: he had to choose his alignment during the first Night Phase. I will admit, though, that I had very little understanding of the role at the time when I assigned it; I was under the impression that "Rolecop" and "Cop" were one and the same, so I figured it would make no difference. Of course, with a Serial Killer, a Mason Group and a Scum-Cult, it was still an important role whichever side he landed on.

As to this game, I have to say this whole SMS/Snake thing has really rather thrown things up in the air, but I think it should be emphasised that we need to be REALLY REALLY careful about lynching Snake. Much better to be safe than sorry - if Snake really is Bulletproof, we'd be throwing away a major asset to Town. If SMS is Town, I understand why he gave away Snake's role, but I don't think it helped us: if the role hadn't been revealed, Scum might have tried to target him and therefore wasted their NK. As it is, they know not to target him now. Also, revealing his own role has put SMS and Town in a difficult position: it means, if we have a Doctor, that he's most likely going to have to watch SMS for at least a Night Phase, because he's gone and painted a huge target on his back.

At this point, I'm very torn between voting for SMS or Lion right now; I just don't think it's worth risking it with Snake at the moment.

All my message stated was bulletproof.

Maybe Nicko was trying to test me to see if I would false claim, maybe it was his way of trying to let me know his role without letting others know or maybe as he is bulletproof he thought that by hinting I was it would limit the number of players scum target.

I can't answer why he did it but just typed up a few ideas as to why he might have.

To me goon and vanilla re roles, not power roles , so as I am a rolecop and not a power role cop I would have assumed that I would have been told if someone was one of those two roles.

It is Mikes game and his rules so I will just have to accept his decision.

Archived