Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
All I am doing is trying to do the best for the town Ron. You can't accept that it seems

But HOW is encouraging a lynch on yourself 'best for the town', if you are what you say you are - town alignment?

You're making me hugely wary of my vote, I think I need to hold back for a bit longer before I make my mind up.

unvote

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Okay, I'm going to vote for my top suspect. Might as well try and get things moving.

For his play in the last day, primarily. It's also because, despite the fact I'm not happy with Snake's explanation, Swift's conclusion was just bizarre.

Vote: Swiftstrike

Can you explain how you reach the idea that my conclusion is BIZARRE? What about it is so out there that you don't just think it is wrong but is the words of the dictionary

strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance.

What I thought was an interesting catch was that Snake appeared to have some difficulty keeping his story straight. To extrapolate out of it that he MUST be talking in code? That's the kind of leap in a detective movie where I assume the lead character has read ahead in the script.

I didn't state it had to be that after all I did offer up the other reason it was scummy was to try bring other players onside with you so they don't vote you (just like agreeing always with Mike does bring him onside ;) ) I just think that the possibility exists also that the scum trying to line up some way of communicating with each other and given talking in code has been banned in most all our games that would seem the most simple and effective way of bring able to communicate for the scum.

• Paid Members

Bit worrying how discussion is dying again so close to deadline day. The scum'll walk this game unless we make some noise. I'll start be re-asking Lion my question from three posts ago:

But HOW is encouraging a lynch on yourself 'best for the town', if you are what you say you are - town alignment?

• Paid Members

Vote Count

Snake Plissken (3) - swiftstrike, bristep123, unfitfinlay

swiftstrike (2) - Chris B, Lion of the Midlands

SMS (1) - spotlightmagnet1

Not Voting:

SMS, tom, Nexus, brownie, Kenny McBride, Carbomb MA, Snake Plissken, Ron Simmons

With 14 Alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm Monday 28th March

• Paid Members

It is a rule of thumb Ron that no lynch is the worst possible result for a day phase. I am only vanilla so rather than a no lynch, if I was lynched it would at least not be a power role. The best result would be to lynch scum, but as everyone has fucked off during this day phase the chances of that are slim. I think Swift is scum and I think he would be the best to lynch

• Paid Members
It is a rule of thumb Ron that no lynch is the worst possible result for a day phase. I am only vanilla so rather than a no lynch, if I was lynched it would at least not be a power role. The best result would be to lynch scum, but as everyone has fucked off during this day phase the chances of that are slim. I think Swift is scum and I think he would be the best to lynch

Can you elaborate as to why?

And also, why throw YOURSELF under a bus when you've NO votes on you? Sure you say you don't have a power role - which I believe by the way - but why throw yourself into the noose?

There'll probably be a lynch, in spite of the current situation, but I believe it'll be a rushed one for some of the lower posters meaning it could potentially just be a case of anyone being lynched so that we actually kill, and I don't like that.

Staying up for UFC tonight so got expensive hotel internet. Still not around much though.

I'm interested to see how the current interrogations go, but I haven't really got time to read much, so for now I stick with my earlier concern and

Vote Snake Plissken

I don't like his wagon-hopping and I don't like his play today. We still have time to ppressurise and get more info from all the suspects. We can learn more if we put more feet to the fire.

• Paid Members

No lynch is only the worst possible result because we don't learn anything from that days play. If we lynch wrongly, at the very least we can analyse the play and try and see who was pushing it through.

Lynching you because you volunteered is actually worse than a no lynch. We likely lose two players instead of one and, because everybody can say that they voted for you because you volunteered, we also learn nothing from the phase.

It's really not a good idea.

• Paid Members

No lynch is only the worst possible result because we don't learn anything from that days play. If we lynch wrongly, at the very least we can analyse the play and try and see who was pushing it through.

Lynching you because you volunteered is actually worse than a no lynch. We likely lose two players instead of one and, because everybody can say that they voted for you because you volunteered, we also learn nothing from the phase.

It's really not a good idea.

That's pretty much my opinion. But I'd have liked to see Lion's answer to my questions to see how he explains himself and his opinions. I'm wondering if he's trying to get himself (a vanilla) lynched at the expense of a power role scum, or if he's just suggesting something silly.

• Paid Members

Lion, lynching a VT instead of lynching noone is retarded.

That puts the town at a disadvantage, since we'd lose another one at night in theory for the sake of nothing.

Seems silly puttng your head in the noose.

• Paid Members
Lion, lynching a VT instead of lynching noone is retarded.

That puts the town at a disadvantage, since we'd lose another one at night in theory for the sake of nothing.

Seems silly puttng your head in the noose.

Unless he's scum and is trying to protect a power role, or trying a double bluff. Lion's a good player, I'm struggling to believe that he'd make such a strange move.

*EBWOP

If he's town.

• Paid Members

Why would Lion as scum try to get himself lynched when we're heading for a no lynch anyway? It's more beneficial for the scum to go for a no lynch rather than one of his own team.

It's strange.

• Paid Members
Why would Lion as scum try to get himself lynched when we're heading for a no lynch anyway? It's more beneficial for the scum to go for a no lynch rather than one of his own team.

It's strange.

(a) Snake/Swift are in the lead - there's still around 2 days till lynch, these guys are both in high positions so may have a power role. One or both (or neither, I'm not damning them) could be scum, and Lion could be trying to divert the wagon.

(b) He's trying to bluff.

© Bad play.

Archived