Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

Okay, I'm going to vote for my top suspect. Might as well try and get things moving.

For his play in the last day, primarily. It's also because, despite the fact I'm not happy with Snake's explanation, Swift's conclusion was just bizarre.

Vote: Swiftstrike

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough, I don't think I had a fantastic first day, in all honesty I was in a bit of a prissy mood because of my broken leg. Re-reading the thread I still suspect Lion, and I still suspect swiftstrike, probably swift more than Lion right now, but I still suspect both. Actually, here's my thoughts on each player:

5. swiftstrike - Well, my vote's on him, so that should tell you all you need to know. He really concerns me. I'm more sure about him than anyone right now in terms of scumminess.

To summarize, swift = number one suspect, Lion = number 2, and I'm worried about a few others too.

Right, I'm a little puzzled about the quick votes. Swift, you gave me a reason but sorry, maybe I'm being naive but it still doesn't seem like you (to me) to be so quick with the vote.

Also, Ron, are you still convinced by the Lion/Chris B./Swift theory you have had since the first day phase? That's the only reason I can imagine you being so keen to vote for Swift at this stage.

Read my post above, hopefully that'll make my thoughts on swiftstrike clear. If you want to ask anything based on that, fire on.

That's not really answering my question though, are you still going on the theory about Swift being quick to point out the number similarities between Lion and Chris B.

An interesting thing I've just noticed - Bristep voted for me VERY early in the day phase, yet no one questioned it. No one said it was too early, no one even addressed it.

I'm not so convinced by Swift's argument, mainly because it doesn't seem like the same Swift. To make an arguement against people, Swift tends to build up a 'portfolio' of past posts and links to several to build up his case, this accusation towards snake seems a little lacklustre compared to your previous cases.

Also, I didn't think you would be so quick to vote. It's a little thing, but it does seem odd to me anyway.

I also voted today (real time, not game time) and:

Right, I'm a little puzzled about the quick votes. Swift, you gave me a reason but sorry, maybe I'm being naive but it still doesn't seem like you (to me) to be so quick with the vote.

Also, Ron, are you still convinced by the Lion/Chris B./Swift theory you have had since the first day phase? That's the only reason I can imagine you being so keen to vote for Swift at this stage.

That's a big contradiction from spotlightmagnet there - Snake at least justified his selection of swift - why pick up on the early votes of swift and I, but not mention it in regards to Bristep? Easier lynches to push through, perhaps?

FOS spotlightmagnet1

If it's not a scum slip, and you actually genuinely believe these points it shows how some people can be selective about who they make points about, either because they see certain players as "leader"/good or are too intimidated to make the point. If you feel an early vote made is an odd thing - I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying it isn't - then make the point with everyone, not just certain people. That's how scum can slip through the net!!

That's because Bristep has voted for you and put a case forward for you, most notably post 408, which resulted in a vote for you. My mind is that Bristep has voted for you and has built up cases against you, and this was more of the same. I felt your switch from Lion to Swift based on Swift voting for Snake to be rather quick, which is why I asked about it.

• Paid Members
Okay, I'm going to vote for my top suspect. Might as well try and get things moving.

For his play in the last day, primarily. It's also because, despite the fact I'm not happy with Snake's explanation, Swift's conclusion was just bizarre.

Can you explain how you reach the idea that my conclusion is BIZARRE? What about it is so out there that you don't just think it is wrong but is the words of the dictionary

strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance.

Due to vote hopping at the end of the last day, due to the dismissal of Swift's vote, due to the flaky 'spidey sense' comment and also some questionable posts from his predeccessor.

vote Snake Plissken - spelled your name right this time! :)

On a side note guys, and this is just meta discussion. This is a game driven by votes. There is nothing worse that people pussy-footing around suspects. If you think someone is being scummy, then vote for them! Apply some pressure as that shitty band who's name I can't remember is. I don't suspect someone for registering a vote, and I don't think anyone else should either (even if the vote is on you). Sure, if there's a pattern of vote-hopping or wagon riding then it becomes a key point.

Don't be afraid to use your votes, because maybe that might lead us actually getting some good town wins under our belts, instead of getting to the last day and lynching a lurking VT because there was 'no better option'.

Can you explain how you reach the idea that my conclusion is BIZARRE? What about it is so out there that you don't just think it is wrong but is the words of the dictionary

strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance.

Your avatar from Secret of Mana is strikingly uncoventional in appearance, maybe that's what made is extra bizarre.

• Paid Members
That's not really answering my question though, are you still going on the theory about Swift being quick to point out the number similarities between Lion and Chris B.

I think a bit a little too much stock in my original theory, and I think Chris B was probably stitched up, either by Lion and swift, or just by swift.

I think Lion/Chris picked the same numbers by chance, and swiftstrike (being swiftstrike) concocted a plan to help frame Chris. Lion "randomly" votes Chris, swift points this out and pushes a lynch, but tries to edge it towards Chris. Chris gets lynched, turns out to be town and Lion stays alive. I think swiftstrike was dipping his toes in the water to see how this plan worked out. It didn't, and he stopped pushing it.

Alternatively, swift stitched both guys up, after noticing two coincidences.

• Paid Members
That's because Bristep has voted for you and put a case forward for you, most notably post 408, which resulted in a vote for you. My mind is that Bristep has voted for you and has built up cases against you, and this was more of the same. I felt your switch from Lion to Swift based on Swift voting for Snake to be rather quick, which is why I asked about it.

Obviously it wasn't just based on that. It's based on the guys play throughout the whole game, which I think has been rather suspect.

• Paid Members
8. tom - He played quite a town game first of all, but his bomb rolefishing was worrying. Initially I was certain he was town, but having been in the same team as him last game I know he's actually a really good player. So I'm wondering at this stage if he's scum, and defended me/didn't accuse me yesterday because town were going after town (Bristep/Kenny going after me) so didn't need to. Had I been lynched, I'd have flipped town and that would have made him look innocent

How did I rolefish? Bristep asked my failed role, I told him and later said that the bomb shouldn't reveal himself; the complete opposite to rolefishing. Are you saying there's good reason to accuse you? Whilst I didn't accuse you, I didn't defend you either

• Paid Members

Finally Bristep. About time. But hang on one minute before you go off at me about switching, with good reason I might add, what about all the others who switched because we needed a lynch? Why didn't you try and convince others of your case? It's easy to point the finger at just me because I switched between Ron and AtG, but what of the others on the vote before me? Don't start tunelling/chainsawing just me. Make sure you ask the same of the others too.

Finally Bristep. About time. But hang on one minute before you go off at me about switching, with good reason I might add, what about all the others who switched because we needed a lynch? Why didn't you try and convince others of your case? It's easy to point the finger at just me because I switched between Ron and AtG, but what of the others on the vote before me? Don't start tunelling/chainsawing just me. Make sure you ask the same of the others too.

That's it Snake, just focus on the first reason I gave for voting, ignore the other ones. And about time for what may I ask? An awful ambigious opening statement.

• Paid Members

Snake, you stated last day phase that vote hopping was scummy, and didn't you actually base a vote for someone on that?

What is the difference between the two situations?

• Paid Members
Would you rather have seen a no-lynch?

No, of course not, its just that the lynch that took place was potentially to scums advantage rather than towns. There were other more sensible options that could have been taken but they were derailed into "Lets lynch a lurker". We were lucky he was vanilla that is what I am saying

Archived