Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Obviously some of the lynchers are innocent, but I think some people need to explain jumping on it when ther was scumhunting to be done and cases being pressed on other, scummier posters.

And you know what? It wasn't better than no lynch. We need 8 to lynch now, with 4 scum still alive. If we mislynch again tonight and there's a scummy vig waiting, we're gonna be pretty fucked. I won't officially FOS the whole wagon, and actually I kinda understand the point you make about a last minute hammer, buut the wagon formed too fast on no evidence at all. That looks scummy as fuck from all of you, especially those that switched to ATG from other evidence-based wagons. Maybe that was easier than pushing weak cases on people you all knew weren't scum, eh?

Generally speaking, a no-lynch is to be avoided if possible. Partially because, the following day, it just revolves back around the person who was almost lynched, and partially because it finally gives us some information. I'd rather have information about what happened over a lynch than have someone continuing to lurk. They'll end up getting killed eventually anyway, and I'd rather the game move forward.

When I lynched, I thought I was the last person on the wagon, and I wasn't willing to be the reason a lynch didn't happen. For the first time, I have some suspicions over Bristep because of this. Swift, I think, buggered up the numbering. This could have been to allow Bristep to be the last vote, and look more reluctant than anything else. I'm aware this can be thrown right back at me, but this way, it encouraged someone to post thinking they were last (me), and then someone else to vote afterwards to hammer.

I was suspicious of Brownie in a major sense, but he makes a very fair point that he was away. I wasn't paying enough attention to who Snake actually voted for before he left. I'm still suspicious as hell of Swift.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neighbourising proves nothing, Ron. You could easily be scum. For this day, my suspicions are on thee whole ATG wagon. That was a bullshit lynch and I want good reasons from all of you.

Of course not. I'm not scum, but I easily could be, you're right. Same could be said about you or anyone in the game. As for my reasons for lynching ATG? Well, I know I'm not scum, and given that there were potentially three night kills last night the town could quite possibly have been hammered. I'd rather have voted for someone I didn't know the allignment of (plus someone who could have slipped under the radar had they stayed alive) than potentially lose me (I know I'm town) and three others overnight, immediately putting the town in a horrendous place. It was a pot luck lynch, I'll admit. But as it stands I don't think it's caused us a great deal of damage.

Why 3 potential night kills Ron?

1. Scum

2. Vigilante

3. Odd night vigilante (It's night one, so therefore an odd night)

There is no vigilante in the game, even and odd vigs were the only choices. I could half accept you forgetting a role that *is* in the game, but to make a mistake and name something that isn't seems like a scumslip because you're skimming.

vote Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
Neighbourising proves nothing, Ron. You could easily be scum. For this day, my suspicions are on thee whole ATG wagon. That was a bullshit lynch and I want good reasons from all of you.

Of course not. I'm not scum, but I easily could be, you're right. Same could be said about you or anyone in the game. As for my reasons for lynching ATG? Well, I know I'm not scum, and given that there were potentially three night kills last night the town could quite possibly have been hammered. I'd rather have voted for someone I didn't know the allignment of (plus someone who could have slipped under the radar had they stayed alive) than potentially lose me (I know I'm town) and three others overnight, immediately putting the town in a horrendous place. It was a pot luck lynch, I'll admit. But as it stands I don't think it's caused us a great deal of damage.

Why 3 potential night kills Ron?

1. Scum

2. Vigilante

3. Odd night vigilante (It's night one, so therefore an odd night)

There is no vigilante in the game, even and odd vigs were the only choices. I could half accept you forgetting a role that *is* in the game, but to make a mistake and name something that isn't seems like a scumslip because you're skimming.

vote Ron Simmons

Because "I'm skimming"? What do you even mean by that? Why would a scum member be any more likely to confuse a role that was in the game than a town member? That's a ridiculously weak reason to try and restart your wagon.

• Paid Members

My reasoning is very similar to Bristep with very little time to the end of the lynch ATG was the only lynch that could go through and so I put the vote down to lynch having played with ATG as scum in previous games and been a Mod for a game he was scum, I have seen him actively lurk to get through sticky situations so when Snake pointed out he had been online previously and not came it he was at least worth the lynch over the choice of nothing and him slipping through a game as scum again.

Whoah, this is a reason I remember you using before (minus the Snake bit) to justify what was perceived as a flimsy lynch/vote. I think it was in the game you were poisoner and the lynch may have been wolfvinson...I'll need to look into that.

You need to go look again as that was the first game wolfvinson played so I wouldn't have used that reasoning plus quick check reveals I didn't even vote wolfvinson - http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2232711

• Paid Members
Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Bristep can you explain you reasoning for asking this question, as the only reason I can see to ask this is anti-town so I want to see why you have asked this?

• Paid Members

My reasoning is very similar to Bristep with very little time to the end of the lynch ATG was the only lynch that could go through and so I put the vote down to lynch having played with ATG as scum in previous games and been a Mod for a game he was scum, I have seen him actively lurk to get through sticky situations so when Snake pointed out he had been online previously and not came it he was at least worth the lynch over the choice of nothing and him slipping through a game as scum again.

Whoah, this is a reason I remember you using before (minus the Snake bit) to justify what was perceived as a flimsy lynch/vote. I think it was in the game you were poisoner and the lynch may have been wolfvinson...I'll need to look into that.

You need to go look again as that was the first game wolfvinson played so I wouldn't have used that reasoning plus quick check reveals I didn't even vote wolfvinson - http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2232711

I KNOW you've used this reason before. I absolutely remember it - I'll ask you directly then, are you trying to deny that you have?

• Paid Members

I can't remember a time I have used that reasoning to justify a vote as scum, but it could have happened I suppose just certainly not the incident you referred to, where I was confident before I checked that I hadn't voted Wolfvinson, so I would say I'm confident I haven't used that reasoning as scum before but not certain and if I had I could have likely used it was a town player than a scum one.

• Paid Members
Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Bristep can you explain you reasoning for asking this question, as the only reason I can see to ask this is anti-town so I want to see why you have asked this?

Was gonna say - I wouldn't expect such a fish-y question from bristep, so there must be some good reasoning behind it. Well, there had better be. You know better than to ask, bristep, so there must be some kind of method to this madness?

Also, additional:

Is it me, or has spotlightmagnet ot anyone else's radars beeping a bit? Despite having had it pointed out that lynching lurkers has actually proven to be detrimental in the past to Town, he still went ahead with it. Yes, tom and Adam619 were lurkers in the WCW/nWo game, and they were Scum, but it was really Town's fault in that instance for not pushing them, and getting tunnelled in on one set of players.

I'll admit, I've been "lurking" quite a bit, but as I said, largely because of work. I'm more than happy for people to question me, and I'll do my best to answer. Was there really enough of ATG being questioned or pushed before he was lynched, or should he have been given a chance to answer the charges on Day One? I'm asking this because I know very well it could've been me, and I'd be pretty peeved if I'd been lynched in the same way.

Despite the lynch flipping ATG as Town, spotlightmagnet remains unapologetic, and even continues to defend his choice as saying that "ATG was acting anti-Town"; surely that would really only matter if the game was in Day Four or Five, when enough players would have been eliminated? Day One, I just don't think there's any real excuse for it - Town has the luxury of allowing lurkers that early in the game, as proven, I might add, that my absence didn't affect how the game went at all yesterday. Seeing I neither prevented nor precipitated the lynch, I think there's about as much value in claiming lurkers are acting "anti-Town" on Day One as there is in claiming they're "pro-Town".

• Paid Members

I've been ordered to post.

I've been under the weather recently, and working a lot. I'm v/la until Wednesday evening. Then I'll attempt this mammouth re read and all will be well.

Much love.

• Paid Members

First up, yes Ron I have been contacted by Mike to for the QT in the next night phase.

Brownie, it's simple. My vote was originally on AtG and as I stated people who lurk are scum or VT who cant be bothered which I was proved right on. But I moved my vote on Ron as I was entirely happy with his posting, however he role claimed nebourizer and I was willing to believe his claim. So I simply put my vote back on AtG on a 50/50 chance he weas scum. But, in most MS games 90% of the time you will likely hit Town on the first night, however thats better although not preferred to a no lynch.

Where we go from here will be interesting to say the least. I have a few suspicions but I want to read back before I go on them.

• Paid Members
First up, yes Ron I have been contacted by Mike to for the QT in the next night phase.

Brownie, it's simple. My vote was originally on AtG and as I stated people who lurk are scum or VT who cant be bothered which I was proved right on. But I moved my vote on Ron as I was entirely happy with his posting, however he role claimed nebourizer and I was willing to believe his claim. So I simply put my vote back on AtG on a 50/50 chance he weas scum. But, in most MS games 90% of the time you will likely hit Town on the first night, however thats better although not preferred to a no lynch.

Where we go from here will be interesting to say the least. I have a few suspicions but I want to read back before I go on them.

WHOA. Who says you were "proven right"? One example does not prove the principle, and if I remember rightly, we've had cases in the past where lynched or killed lurkers have turned out to be neither Scum nor VTs. That's one hell of a sweeping generalisation right there, based on no solid evidence, especially in light of previous games.

FOR THE RECORD: I'm not making any roleclaims or alignment claims, I'm simply stating that adhering to this kind of principle is dangerous and reductive, and I'll make this point in all future games if it gets brought up again.

Is it me, or has spotlightmagnet ot anyone else's radars beeping a bit? Despite having had it pointed out that lynching lurkers has actually proven to be detrimental in the past to Town, he still went ahead with it. Yes, tom and Adam619 were lurkers in the WCW/nWo game, and they were Scum, but it was really Town's fault in that instance for not pushing them, and getting tunnelled in on one set of players.

I did answer the post about lynching lurkers being anti-town and I thought the statement was wrong. I only had the last game to go on since that was my first game and in my mind lurkers= bad.

• Paid Members

I did answer the post about lynching lurkers being anti-town and I thought the statement was wrong. I only had the last game to go on since that was my first game and in my mind lurkers= bad.

Ah yes, forgot you're relatively new to this. Still, I've got my eye on you...

Firstly, we can have night kills by scum, bomb, weak doctor protecting scum, odd/even night vigilante and the two shot janitor, but not all these roles will be in the game. (I think so anyhow!)

Hey, Brownie. How come you didn't show any suspicion of SMS or Snake?

FOS: Brownie

Actually, my first comment for this phase was to be about Snake changing his vote so rapidly and how could he justify each change in stance. So Snake, why go for Ron then immediately swap to ATG?

As for SMS, I detest his posting style and how he plays the game and I always think he's scummy. I realise i'm biased, so i'm seeing the land lie with him for now.

I also love how you just came out on the offensive against me. Decided with your buddies overnight that you must get rid of me today huh?

Actually, my first comment for this phase was to be about Snake changing his vote so rapidly and how could he justify each change in stance. So Snake, why go for Ron then immediately swap to ATG?

As for SMS, I detest his posting style and how he plays the game and I always think he's scummy. I realise i'm biased, so i'm seeing the land lie with him for now.

I also love how you just came out on the offensive against me. Decided with your buddies overnight that you must get rid of me today huh?

If you hate my posting style, please at least try and look at what I am saying before you accuse me of being scum, as I have tried to change my playing style a few times during different games and people still think I am scum when I haven't been.

Some serious double posting here.

Considering that I was already gone from the thread when Snake voted, it's safe to say I wasn't going to bring it up in the last day phase. I'm biased towards SMS, so i'm just watching him for now.

The fact that you didn't mention this last day phase reeks of the fact that you've had it pointed out to you. I doubt it dues to neighbourizing. I bet it's because you're scum.

I don't understand what you are saying here so please explain!

I am happy to lose a vanilla and a back up role, than any important role, but obviously not happy we didn't eliminate a scum member yesterday.

I jumped on the ATG wagon as I felt we need results from day 1, whether positive or negative, to move on the games play and use what we learned to try and make sense of what is going on.

ATG was not my main choice, but I wasn't sure about who to really vote for, so his lack of play and the fact others were voting for him helped me decide that he was possibly the only one we could get enough people together for the lynch.

You might think I am scum for this, but I honestly believe that in most games, a day 1 lynch is important and will always give serious consideration to helping lynch someone because we need results to work with.

Just because Ron can talk to others, does not make him town or scum, but I think it is a role scum might not bother with as they can discuss with each other at night and would probably have the rolecop to find out our roles so wouldn't need to talk to other players to find out any info.

I can also add that I didn't choose that role as I didn't think it would be useful enough for me in this game.

Just think carefully about what info you share and who with Ron, because at this stage I can't tell you one single player who is not scum, apart from myself.

• Paid Members
Firstly, we can have night kills by scum, bomb, weak doctor protecting scum, odd/even night vigilante and the two shot janitor, but not all these roles will be in the game. (I think so anyhow!)

If you hate my posting style, please at least try and look at what I am saying before you accuse me of being scum, as I have tried to change my playing style a few times during different games and people still think I am scum when I haven't been.

Some serious double posting here.

Considering that I was already gone from the thread when Snake voted, it's safe to say I wasn't going to bring it up in the last day phase. I'm biased towards SMS, so i'm just watching him for now.

The fact that you didn't mention this last day phase reeks of the fact that you've had it pointed out to you. I doubt it dues to neighbourizing. I bet it's because you're scum.

I don't understand what you are saying here so please explain!

Just look at the bit you quoted above. Because of your posting style and how you phrase things, you always look scummy in my eyes, hence i'm biased, so i'm trying to step away a little and see how the land lies.

Archived