Source 2011 - one thread, all the updates!

JamesTyler

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Results & Thoughts from 27/5 Johnstone Show

Black Samuri Jr def CJ Hunter

Nice little opener

Andy Anderson def Silver Kid

Decent match

Mike Musso w/Jamie Walker, Jam O'Malley & James Tyler def Rickie Gibson

Pre Match Jam promo on how Rickie was "not worthy" of a Source championship match & introduced Musso as his opponent

Fun match where Musso underestimated how low the ceiling was as he hoisted Gibson onto shoulders high feet clipped the light & off that set went. Ultimately the numbers game caught up with Gibson

Post match they tried a 4 on 1 beatdown but Divers made the save

Kirsty Love def Nikki Storm

Good little match

WMD def BMW

Nice little tag match with Nathan Black using a steel chair on Scott Renwick to pick up the Pin

Dickie Divers def Mark Anthony w/Charles William Yum

Solid main event with all 3 good in their rolls

Post Match CW Yum tried to sneak attack Divers but it backfired & he was laid out for his troubles (Divers attire resembling Mr Ass)

All in All Good show Pictures from Show - http://tinyurl.com/43vtjxw

• 2 weeks later...

The Stars of Source will be in action for another night of family entertainment when we make our retutn to Bridgeton Community Centre!

Dicky Divers Ultimate Survival Challenge!

After gaining the right to become Mr Main Event in Source, Dicky Divers is looking to prove himself and has asked the Source GM for a huge challenge to prove himself worthy of becoming Source Champion. Divers has proved time and time again that he has all the tools needed to become the champ, and while Glen Dunbar avoids the battle, Divers is intent on making sure Dunbar knows that he

And the show will have added Wolfgang!

Andy Anderson has been a breakout in Source and has transitioned into SWA where he holds the Money in the Bank title shot. As such, Source Wrestling has decided to bring in an SWA challenger to tackle Anderson in Bridgeton and who better to test himself against than former Scottish Heavyweight Champion, Wolfgang!

Black Samurai Jr. df. Lewis Girvan with DEATH.

Yeah, this was a nice wee match. First time I've seen Lewis Girvan and there was lots to like about him. The thing I liked the most was his entire "toys out of the pram" character. Doesn't seem to be a bad wrestler either! Black Samurai Jr. has been pretty solid whenever I've seen him and this was no different. Not amazing or anything but a good way to get the crowd going.

Special Services df. Nathan Black and Glen Dunbar with Gibson's Spear.

Not sure I agree with the "good match" comment. Whenever it had any sort of momentum going for it, something seemed to go a bit wrong. The last couple of minutes when Ricky Gibson came in and went mental were good though and I found myself caring about the finish after it, so kudos to the four guys for saving things at the end. Still though, not that good.

Andy Anderson df. Wolfgang with Meteora.

Jesus CHRIST!!! There was a moment when Andy Anderson went for the Meteora earlier in the match, and Wolfgang caught him and just MURDERED him with a Powerbomb. I'm begging someone to put that bad boy on YouTube. It was incredible. For all of the mental stuff I've seen at ICW, none of it compares to that. The match itself was cracking. Andy Anderson really is looking like the real deal and Wolfgang is Wolfgang. You know how good he is, and both guys delivered a belter. Worth the price of admission alone.

Halo df. Scott "The Butcher" Renwick with the Playmaker.

So that's who Halo is?! I have to admit, it was nice to see him not being shite. ;) It's what Scott Keith would refer to as "Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling". Nothing special either way but decent and the antics of Jam helped things along. The crowd were beginning to die down a bit by this point.

Damien O'Conor and CJ Hunter defeat each other in the Ultimate Survival Match.

A hotter crowd admittedly probably would have been right into Jimmy Kahoona jumping all over the shop, but they were slowly but surely losing interest. First time seeing Christopher Saint. Good look about him. Didn't really see all that much of him but definately interested in seeing more. Loved Yum Yum's small part in the match. The match itself was fun. Messy, but not too much so, and enjoyable as a result.

Dicky Divers pins both CJ Hunter and Damien O'Conor with the Swanton Bomb.

Decent main event with pretty much next to no boredom. It just left me wanting to see more of CJ Hunter vs. Damien O'Conor, but I think the previous six man match kinda helped that. Divers was pretty over and managed to get the crowd whipped into a minor frenzy again.

It was a decent show and at eight quid was more than value for money. A weird looking venue too.

Bishopton Results

Tournament Semi's

Christopher Saynt def Charles William Yum

Jam O'Malley def Craigy Miller

Special Services def Eric Canyon & Glen Dunbar

Nikki Storm def Kirsty Love

Charles William Yum def Craigy Miller

Tournament Final

Christopher Saynt def Jam O'Malley

Charles William Yum & Eric Canyon def Craigy Miller & Rickie Gibson

Glen Dunbar def Craig Byres (source championship)

Kirsty Love & Rickie Gibson def Jam O'Malley & Nikki Storm

Eric Canyon def Christopher Saynt (NWA Scottish heavyweight championship)

Battle royal (over the top rope) won by Rickie Gibson featuring all 10 who had wrestled on the show

All in All it was a fun day with a near wXw ringside feel due to the weather/size of marquee

Pics from the event - http://tinyurl.com/6lc5gt5

Next up! Source Wrestling will be heading back to Bargarran Town Hall, Erskine this Friday (24th) from 6:30pm in a night that will see the fallout from our triple threat main event in Bridgeton, a continuation of a battle from our last trip to Erskine and a gest appearance from SWA Star and NWA Scottish Hevayweight Champion Mr Eric Canyon!

Dicky Divers versus CJ Hunter

After their encounter in a triple threat main event in Bridgeton, Dicky Divers won automatic entry into the finals of the Pride of Scotland tournament but CJ Hunter isn

Results & thoughts from 6/24 Erskine Show

Andy Anderson def Nathan black

Decent opener that was mainly a striking contest

Pre match Promo Nikki rants on not being an official SWA talent & showed support for Viper

Viper w/Nikki Storm def Kirsty Love

Decent match with Nikki being a constant pest at ringside & the match winning pinfall was made while Kirsty's feet were UNDER the bottom rope

CJ Hunter Innteruption to discuss the "Pride of Scotland" tournament & calls out Dickie Divers who came out, whipped the crowd into a frenzy only for Canyon to interrupt & whenever he tried to talk trash, the Crowd got louder & louder & left.

The Pride of Scotland Tournament is set to kick off at Kilwinning with two of our best heavyweights. The accomplished Damian O'Conor will battle the dark horse Nathan Black to decide who moves on to the next round!

Grant Dunbar will also make a return in his hometown venue to make a challenge for SWA Star and tag team champion Adam Shame. Dunbar has a grudge as is returning to the ring to settle it...

Plus we'll have a special womens challenge, tag team action, two new faces joining the Source ranks.Also on the card Dicky Divers,Vyper, the Forsaken and much more! .

Jam

Archived