Source 2011 - one thread, all the updates!

JamesTyler

Cool will be heading down to this, its always good to see new faces coming through the Source Wrestling School. Grant dunbar v Adam Shame is one for those who have been following the SWA for a few years. Looking forward to this Pride of Scotland tournament as well. Should be a good night of wrestling.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results & Thoughts from 7/1 Kilwinning Show

Scott Renwick def James Daniels

Decent opener with Scotty Cheating to win

Viper def Nikki Storm (Ref Kirsty Love)

Decent match with a good opening bit with Nikki being a little cowardly heel & Viper being a good big face

Pride of Scotland Tournament Match

Damien O'Connor def Nathan Black

Decent Hard Hitting contest

CJ Hunter def Charles William Yum

Solid match with CW Yum being as entertaining as always & CJ made him tap out

Christopher Saynt vs Tommy Daniels was a no contest as the Foursaken interfered before they got started & started to beat them down until Divers even up the sides (Jam cutting Decent Promo throughout) setting up

Foursaken def Dickie Divers, Christopher Saynt & Tommy Daniels (Walker over Saynt)

decent 6 man tag match with Walker/Divers stars of the match

Post match Jam promo saying Foursaken going nowhere

Grant 'Grado' Dunbar def Adam Shame (Falls Count Anywhere)

Pre Match promo Adam Responded to Grado's YouTube Promo

A mad/crazy/comedic main event that started of with jaw jacking & dancing, spilled out to the croud as Grado was driven through a table [that broke on 1st attempt] & then turned into a slugfest once back in the ring with Dunbar outlasting Shame [crowd were really into this match]

All in All a decent show with a memorable Main event

Next Source show is

Rutherglen 9th July

Results & Thoughts from 9/7 Rutherglen Show

Joe Coffey def Charles William Yum w/Mark Anthony

Pre Match it was thought that Mark had Awnsered Joe's open challenge but he had his Butler take him on

Nice Little opener that set the tone for the night

Post match CWY & MA tryed a 2 on 1 beatdown of Joe but local fav Mark Sweeney saved Joe & Challenged MA to a 1 on 1 match later that night [that was accepted]

Eric Canyon & CJ Hunter def Tommy Daniels & Christopher Saynt

Solid tag match with Daniels receving the most punishment & Eric/CJ cheating to win

Source Championship Match

Dickie Divers def Glen Dunbar [foursaken banned from ringside/NEW CHAMP]

Pre Match Jam tryed to be at ringside but was kicked out before the match started [Dragged away by security]

Solid match

11uxehi.jpg

Nathan Black w/John the bomb Graham def Damien O'Conor

Decent Match with a combo of Bomb distraction/Steel chair from Black being the difference maker

Post Match WMD tryed a 2 on 1 beatdown on Damo only for Scott Renwick to make save, WMD then issued open challenge as BMW chased them 2 back

Nikki Storm def Kirsty Love (Unsanctioned match[as Nikki doesn't have a contract])

Decent Match with Nikki using the ropes for leverage diring the decisive pinfall [at this time Nikki seems to be Scotttish wrestling's Biggest heel]

Mark Spre weeney w/Joe Coffey def Mark Anthony w/Charles William Yum

Pre match Joe came to ringside to negate the Butler of MA

Solid main event with the crowd solidly behind Sweeney [as only Spittall can] making it memroable & the 2 people at ringside negating each other

Post Match MA & CWY attempted a beatdown of MS but JC made the save & help clear the ring then Celibrating with a Budwiser

All in All Another Solid Spittal Show - Pictures from the show

Next Source show is

Clydebank 6th August

I just went onto the Clan Wars page on there and I seen what the main event is and I'm VERY intrigued.

It's a team of five SWA originals, guys who have been there from "day one" against a team of up and comers. I can only assume that the originals will be the likes of Canyon, Conscience, Dunbar, Ceej and Jamie Walker.

Anyways, I think I might head along to that.

I just went onto the Clan Wars page on there and I seen what the main event is and I'm VERY intrigued.

It's a team of five SWA originals, guys who have been there from "day one" against a team of up and comers. I can only assume that the originals will be the likes of Canyon, Conscience, Dunbar, Ceej and Jamie Walker.

Anyways, I think I might head along to that.

The last show at Govan was used to build up the match so it'll most likely be teams based around the wrestlers in the brawl at the end of that show.

5627447579_64f41f1349.jpg

Saturday 6th August from 6:30pm

Centre 81; Whitecrook, Clydebank

As the stars of Source return to Clydebank, they’re joined by an international star courtesy of SWA! Former NWA British and Commonwealth Champion and the Lord of the Manor himself, Paul Tracey, will be in action as he looks for a challenge from the Source roster! After facing Joe Coffey at the Gathering and doing battle with Andy Anderson in recent months in SWA, he’s been silently impressed with the talent surfacing from the Source Wrestling School.

An internationally experienced SWA Star, Paul Tracey expects the best in life wherever he goes. As Lord of the Manor, he’s used to a better life than most and he isn’t shy about it! With a wealth of experience behind him, Tracey is already an impressive challenge but his notorious trickery and cunning ploys often throw his opponents, leaving them baffled and confused.

But don’t let his tactics fool you. Tracey is an all round mastermind and if his game plan fails him, he can tackle anyone in the ring with excellence, grace and an obvious aggression.

Source has contacted four members of it’s roster based on fan feedback and has invited them into a four way challenge in the opening match at Clydebank on August 6th. Whoever the winner will be, will have the chance to represent Scotland in a flag match against Ireland’s Paul Tracey in the main event for the night.

The names of the competitors will be released soon. But feel free to let us know who you’d like to see represent our country on our Facebook Page!

Also scheduled…

Pride of Scotland Tournament; Stage 1

Andy Anderson versus Mark Anthony (w/ Charles William yum)

With Damo O’Conor qualifying in our recent trip to Kilwinning and T-Division Champion Dicky Divers given automatic entry to the final, Source is putting two of the soundest wrestlers in the ring to find out who’s next to make it through.

Glen Dunbar versus Christopher Saynt

In Saynt’s debut in front of his home crowd, Dunbar embarassed and pinned the youngster but after intensive training as the Source Wrestling School and several appearances since then, Saynt has the chance to get his revenge against the Forsaken member and has asked for the rematch to happen in Centre 81, August 6th!

Plus!

Joe Coffey will be in action against a new Laird of the Ring Championship challenger, BMW will be looking to continue their dominance over the Source roster and much more!

Keep an eye on scottishwrestling.co.uk or follow our Facebook Page (http://facebook.com/scottishwrestling) to stay up to date on all the latest news!

Anthony and Anderson have progressed really well and are always worth a watch. Having them against each other may be a show stealer.

As for a lag match - how could we resist the opportunity ;) It's something we haven't done in a while and it's one of those simple stipulations that audiences have reacted well to.

As for who's going to represent Scotland in the main event, the names I can mention four the four way qualifier are Mark Stevens (representing Internet Cafe's across Glasgow) making a one off return as he's always been a hit in Clydebank in the past and T-Division Champion Dicky Divers who is on an amazing streak at the moment.

The worlds of Source and SWA will collide on Saturday August 6th as the SWA Tag Team Champions invade to make a challenge to BMW. With his own tag team partner out of action due to recent knee and ligament damage, Shame has recruited a replacement to help him defend the SWA tag team championship. His ally and fellow SWA Original, not to mention the current reigning Scottish Heavyweight Champion, Mr Eric Canyon.

The last time these two men teamed up sparked the origins of the Original Reunion when Shame was forced into tag action to challenge BMW at Battlezone. Now the tables have turned and Shame is calling in his debt, forcing the champion to back him up or risk the group losing the tag titles to O

Definately heading along to this one now. Saynt/Dunbar is an intriguing one as Dunbar is awesome and I've only seen a wee bit of Saynt. Anthony/Anderson should be the showstealer, although Coffey against a good opponent could be very good. The tag title match has a LOT of backstory and therefore is interesting. And obviously, we have the Lord of the Manor in the main event. Good times!

Results & Thoughts from 6/8 Clydebank Show

Fatal 4 way for main event slot won by Dickie Divers (Made Craig Byres Tap) also featuring Tommy Daniels & Mark Stevens

Decent but short match to set the Main Event

Post match Paul Tracey hyping & Changing the match to a traditional match also teasing having the match right then & now until PT bailed from the ring

Pride of Scotland Round 1

Mark Anthony w/Charles William Yum def Andy Anderson

Good little Wrestling match between the 2 with the Butler's interference proving the difference maker

SWA Tag Team Championship

BMW def James Tyler & Eric Canyon (Representing Bull & Shame)(Scott Renwick over James Tyler)[NEW CHAMPS]

Fun lil tag match that also saw Eric suffer a broken nose (by the look of it)

Christopher Saynt def Glen Dunbar w/Jam O'Malley

Decent Match with Jam's interference ultimately failing

SWA Laird if the Ring

Joe Coffey vs Mark Anthony Never got started

Mark cut a Promo about not wanting to cash in his #1 contendership having wrestled earlier that evening so introduced Joe to his new opponent Mike Musso

SWA Laird if the Ring

Joe Coffey def Mike Musso via DQ [Outside interference by Mark Anthony & CW Yum]

Decent match with Mark Anthony interfering once Joe started to heat up

Dickie Divers def Paul Tracey

Good Main event with both being as good as usual

All in All a pretty good show

Next Source show is

Bridgeton 3rd September

But the Next Main SWA Show is

"Clan Wars" in Motherwell 26th August

Archived