Source 2011 - one thread, all the updates!

JamesTyler

Right, apparently my other half is at a party on the 29th and seeing as Viewpark Leisure Centre is literally a 15 minute walk away, I want to go.Problem is: Outside of a "American Wrestling" event at the Leisuredrome, Bishopbriggs when I was 13 which featured the "UK Undertaker" and "Big Red Machine", I have never been to a wrestling show in my life, not even a WWE or TNA one. Also, I'll be going by myself, which isn't exactly something which appeals to me. So what's the deal? Is there people on here who go to SWA events or can at least tell me wrestling event etiquette.Thanks in advance!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results & Thoughts from 10/8 Cumbernauld Show

SWA Laird of the Ring Championship

Joe Coffey def Jackie Pollo

Nice hard hitting match to start the show

Nathan Black def CW Yum by Submission

Decent Match with most of match was Nathan attacking Yum's Arm

Rickie Gibson & Jimma Kahoona def Jam O'Malley & Andy Anderson (Gibson over O'Malley)

Nothing more than a dragged out bit of light relief [that Failed], the end came when Andy walked out on Jam & he got double-teamed

Pride of Scotland Round 1

CJ Hunter def Black Samuri Jr

Solid Match between the 2

Christopher Saynt & Lewis Girvan def BMW (Girvan & Saynt over O'Conor)

Solid tag match with Chris Saynt taking most of the punnishment

#1 Contenders Match for Source Championship

Dickie Divers vs Glen Dunbar w/Jam O'Malley was a draw after a Double Pin

Before the match got started CJ Hunter came out to observe

The match was a Good Despite a poor crowd

Post Match Dunbar confirmed a Triple Threat Match for Source Championship and tried to sucker divers in a fake show of respect to allow CJ to help in a beatdown of Divers but he fought them off

All in All a solid show with a dissapounting crowd

Next 2 Source shows are

Beith 18th November

Clydebank 19th November

But before then the next Main SWA Show is

Viewpark 29th October

Right, apparently my other half is at a party on the 29th and seeing as Viewpark Leisure Centre is literally a 15 minute walk away, I want to go.

Problem is: Outside of a "American Wrestling" event at the Leisuredrome, Bishopbriggs when I was 13 which featured the "UK Undertaker" and "Big Red Machine", I have never been to a wrestling show in my life, not even a WWE or TNA one. Also, I'll be going by myself, which isn't exactly something which appeals to me. So what's the deal? Is there people on here who go to SWA events or can at least tell me wrestling event etiquette.

Thanks in advance!

There are a few on the forum who go to the events, but feel free to check out our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/scottishwrestling) if you want to meet other fans or have any problems with transport and want to ask etc :)

There isn't really an etiquette. Turn up, cheer, boo and have a good time is about as close to an etiquette as I can get.

SWA/Source shows are usually fun so you'll enjoy it.

Cheers :)

I'd also like to say a big congrats to two of the Source roster for making their Eve debut's. Both Kirsty Love and Vyper joined Nikki Storm in the all-womens promotion over the weekend and it's great to see the talent continue to rise and advance from the Source Wrestling School :)

There's more info on that on the site (http://scottishwrestling.co.uk/)... or alternatively, there is an Eve thread ;)

• 1 month later...

Results & Thoughts from 11/18 Beith Show

Tommy Daniels def Scott Renwick

Solid opener with Scotty being a great Heel

Axl Simmons def Lewis Girvan

Decent Match with Lewis' cockyness getting the better of him [role perfectly played by Girvan]

Glen Dunbar w/Jam def Bobby Roberts by Tapout

Solid match

Charles William Yum & John "the Bomb" Graham def Christopher Saynt & Jimma Kahoona (Yum over Kahoona)

Originally was Saynt v Yum but Yum Baught Back-up in the Bomb, came close to a 2 on 1 Handicap match before Jimmy joined up with Christopher

the match was decent with Yum picking up the scraps that the Bomb left

Post match John wasn't impressed with Yum & gave him a powerbomb

Viper def Kirsty Love

Solid Match between the 2 with Kirsty being the Tactical one by targeting Vipers Knee

Dickie Divers def Damien O'Conor w/Jam

Fun Main Event that spilled to the Bar look Merch stall

All in All a solid show with a Loud Packed Crowd

The Final Source Show in 2011 is

Clydebank 19th November

& The Main SWA Final Shows for 2011 are

Govan 25th November

Motherwell 26th November

Results & Thoughts from 11/19 Clydebank Show

Damien O'Conor def Jackie Pollo

Fun Match that had an impromptu crowd brawl after Damo whipped Jackie into corner, the top turnbuckle deprecated from the pole but was quickly repaired

Nikki Storm def Lindsay Turner

Fun match as Nikki continues to brilliantly bam up the crowd but after she tried to catch breath another challenger appeared

Carly def Nikki Storm

Match was All Nikki untill Carly made most of an opening to pick up the pinfall

Ultimate survival Gauntlet won by Christopher Saynt who goes on to face James Scott in the Main Event

Entrance order

1. Craig Byres

2. Dickie Divers

3. Charles William Yum (still selling the bomb powerbomb from last night)

4. Alessandro Mori

5. Lewis Girvan

6. Jam O'Malley

Archived