What happened to Eric Bischoff?

TheOne

• Paid Members

He owns a successful production company and hob-nobs with people who hate wrestling. He's probably so jaded after years of stuff written about him and people trying to downplay his success, that he finds it therapeutic to go on twitter and call people fuckers using 140 characters. Wrestling is a piss take for him now, and isnt his main priority. He's just treating us wrestling fans how believes we should be treated. And I bet that the lad who wrote that article's favourite wrestlers wish they were a penny behind him, because as much money as Bischoff lost for WCW, none of it came out of his pocket. I love Bischoff. As far as "what happened to this guy ..." stories go, he isnt a bad case is he? Making six figures for a company that he works a few days a week for and that he's only there to get in there with Spike TV and have them pay him to use his programming like Before the Bell and Reaction, as well as owning a production company that is his main source of income that has TV shows produced yearly that outdraw both Impact and Raw and reality shows with Chachi from Happy Days and Brian Knobs. He's a successful guy. The teeth and hair show that. And he's megarich. He's not living out of his trailer playing on a NES.

• Paid Members

This is the same site that did the whole "TNA's payscheme is sexist, actually it's kind of not really, what was I saying again?, fire Russo, that'll do!" "article" from a few months back.

I'm going to judge this piece on how well it does with my patented IWC "journalism" checklist. Let's do it...

1. Say "Dave Meltzer" at least 5 times

2. Get in a dig about Hogan

3. Get in a dig about Nash

4. Mention how younger talent is being buried

5. Call the Knockouts "huge draws"

6. Whine about the Knockouts division being raped/destroyed (He said dismantled, so I'm counting it)

7. Throw in a line about TNA "being on its last legs", or something similar

8. Bring up Eddie Guerrero

8B. Bring up That Eddie Guerrero is dead

9. Russo is shit LOLZ

10. Paul Heyman is our saviour. (He only narrowly missed this one)

11. Throw in a nice Kevin Nash injury joke. (Rookie mistake forgetting that one, he'll learn)

9 out of 11, this guy's good.

IMO, EB did a lot of great things, especially on camera (I believe that he was the reason why Vince McMahon began to get involved into storylines, even-though Bischoff I believe was the first to be on camera, unless you count Mr. McMahon's feud with Jerry Lawler in Memphis), but I think he does get a little too much credit for things that has been believed to be his brainchild, but has been rumored to be someone else's idea and a "one-trick pony" to a degree, but, he has done a lot of great things in wrestling, and almost ran out McMahon, which is practically the ultimate achievement for promoters, made his money and left his mark in pro wrestling.

• Paid Members
but I think he does get a little too much credit for things that has been believed to be his brainchild, but has been rumored to be someone else's idea and a "one-trick pony" to a degree, but, he has done a lot of great things in wrestling, and almost ran out McMahon, which is practically the ultimate achievement for promoters, made his money and left his mark in pro wrestling.

If your one trick is turning pure shit like WCW was when he took over (it was in much worse shape than TNA, because at least TNA has licensing deals and profitable international deals. WCW was a number two when WWF was struggling) and made it into the biggest company in the world its a pretty good one trick isnt it? Bischoff doesnt get enough credit. It was his idea to bring together a collection of crusierweights, top level wrestlers from ECW, New Japan, AAA and WAR and mesh them together with superstar names and it was his idea to not only turn Hulk Hogan heel, but also to create a live Monday Night format which featured all competitive matches as opposed to squashes and sillyness. I think he reinvented the business. Heyman gets all the credit from the net fans for the exciting period, but Bischoff internal ideas in WCW made the business so much better. Say what you want about him from 1999 onwards, but Bischoff had his finger on the pulse during his successful years. Say what you want about money, but you have to spend it correctly. WCW showed in 1999/2000 that you can have all the money you want, but it means nothing unless you no what your doing with it.

Archived