DPW Returns to Ossett Town Hall 12/02/2011

Toga

TitleTourny.jpg

What??!

Dynamic Pro Wrestling, in association with Wakefield Metropolitan Council, return on February 12th 2011 Ossett Town Hall, West Yorkshire. The Partnership with Wakefield M.C. will see Dynamic Pro Wrestling shows in Pontefract Town Hall, Ossett Town Hall and Castleford Civic Center on various dates during 2011.

Door Time: 7pm

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Who??!

After braving the somewhat arctic conditions in December to bring our fans possible the best DPW show of 2010 live at Ossett Town Hall, we return on February 12th to this fantastic for more live in ring action.

Following on from our debut in Castleford on January 8th it appears that there is a colossus piece of unfinished business that looks to be settled. The main event saw one of the biggest monsters in British Wrestling challenge for the Dynamic Pro Wrestling British Championship and take on Cameron Kraze 1 on 1. It wasnt the night that the Colossus Kennedy expected though when Cameron Kraze seemed to use Richie West's brief case to end the match via disqualification and all hell broke loose when it was announced that despite loosing, Cameron Kraze was still champion! Along with security, half the locker room had to empty to the ring to hold apart the two competitors as the monster Kennedy tried to continue the fight.

Richie west was just as angry as Kennedy and was quick to get on the mic. Not only did he call Kraze a coward, but he laid out a very clear challenge in that on February 12th, live in Ossett Town Hall, the Colossus Kennedy was again coming for the title and there was nothing that Cameron Kraze would be able to do this time to stop him.

Therefore we can announce a HUGE re-match on February 12th for the Dynamic Pro Wrestling British Championship!

Cameron Kraze

• 3 weeks later...

With having already announced our blockbuster main event rematch, and our second Semi-Final in the Tag Team Championship Tournament, DPW can now reveal the 3rd contest signed for our return to Ossett Town Hall on February 12th!

Back on the inaugural DPW outing, Statement Of Intent, one of the marquee matches (and many people's choice of Match Of The Night) was between 'The Mexican Sensation' El Ligero and 'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm. Back in March 2008, it was Storm who took the win, after Bingo Ballance cost Ligero the match. Of course, flash forward 3 years, and Ligero and Ballance have put their differences aside, forming a team built on mutual respect, and even becoming the first team to advance to the Tag Team Tournament Finals.

Since 2008, Ligero has joined Storm in becoming one of the single most reliable and established Cruiserweights on the UK scene, and on February 12th, 2011, they will go one-on-one once again!

Jonny Storm hasn't appeared in DPW since a Qualifying Match loss to CJ Banks at DPW Night Of The Champion in 2009, and will be eager to re-establish himself on a jam-packed and talented roster. The well-travelled veteran will clash with a fiery Mexican, who has challenged for the DPW Championship more than once, and is fine form as of late.

DPW Return To Ossett

The current card stands as:

DPW British Championship Rematch

Cam Kraze © vs. Colossus Kennedy w/Richie West

DPW Tag Team Championship Tournament Semi-Final Match

Mad Man Manson and Martin Kirby vs. SC Supreme and Bam Bam Barton

Cruiserweight Attraction Match

'The Mexican Sensation' El Ligero vs. 'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm

El Ligero against Jonny Storm very easily has the potential to be amazing since they're two of the top guys plying their trade. Again, the tag match match should be brilliant with Kirby on fine form in the last DPW show and Manson is just a crazy guy.

I'm not totally sold on the DPW rematch since it seemed a bit flat to me but that's just my opinion. I'll see if Philip is up for this and we can try and get down to Ossett for the show. Like I say though, it already looks a very solid card.

• 2 weeks later...

Just days before Dynamic Pro Wrestling return to Ossett Town Hall, we are happy to announce the final 2 contests signed for this Saturday's spectacular!

The first new bout is between 2 men who scored important wins at January's Wrestle Castleford event. Fresh from a DPW Championship loss in December, CJ Banks entered 2011 with the goal of proving that he didn't need the gold to be called the very best wrestler in the UK today, and he made good on his initial promise, defeating Robbie X via subission in an exciting bout, forcing the youngster to tap out to his Texas Cloverleaf.

CJ Banks wasn't the only man with something to prove in January, as 'Super' Sam Bailey endeavored to show why he had asked to be returned to the singles division in DPW, and the charismatic fan favourite scored a clean pinfall victory over Dylan Roberts.

This coming Saturday, these 2 men, who are certainly no strangers to each other, will clash one-on-one with both men hoping to carry on their winning ways and proving their points. At Return To Ossett, it'll be CJ Banks vs. Sam Bailey!

The final match to be announced for Saturday's card, is between the 2 men who, as documented above, suffered losses on the first DPW show of 2011, Robbie X and 'Welsh Beef' Dylan Roberts. Robbie X, who was recently turned just 16, is one of the most exciting, crisp and innovative cruiserweights on the UK scene, and an underdog who always has the crowd on his side. On the other side of the coin, Dylan Roberts is a foul-tempered Welsh brawler, who was yet to score a pinfall victory in DPW, but has come dangerously close to defeating former DPW General Manager Kris Travis in the past. Both men will attempt to begin their winning ways this coming Saturday.

Also, going into this coming Saturday, Martin Kirby has vowed to find out the whereabouts of his own personal official Ricc Dombrowski, who was conspicious by his absence in Castleford. An absence that allowed Joey Hayes to capitalise on Kirby's distracted state. Martin Kirby, as well as attempting to find his way into the DPW Tag Team Championship Tournament Final, has openly stated he will get the answers from Dombrowski!

DPW Return To Ossett

The current card is as follows:

DPW British Championship Rematch

Cam Kraze © vs. Colossus Kennedy w/Richie West

DPW Tag Team Championship Tournament Semi-Final Match

Mad Man Manson and Martin Kirby vs. SC Supreme and Bam Bam Barton

Cruiserweight Attraction Match

'The Mexican Sensation' El Ligero vs. 'Wonderkid' Jonny Storm

'The Juice' CJ Banks vs. 'Super' Sam Bailey

Robbie X vs. 'Welsh Beef' Dylan Roberts

My opinion is maybe there are too many wrestling company's in the area but I could be wrong

I'd say you are wrong there apart from the nearby UKW, what other company's run near DPW? Doesn't matter what shows cards are round Yorkshire these days or the level of promoting, its more likely than not you'll suffer a poor turnout.

• Paid Members
My opinion is maybe there are too many wrestling company's in the area but I could be wrong

I'd say you are wrong there apart from the nearby UKW, what other company's run near DPW? Doesn't matter what shows cards are round Yorkshire these days or the level of promoting, its more likely than not you'll suffer a poor turnout.

Fair enough , I thought there was NBW , SSW & DBW to name a few - still think it's a big shame , As a promotor Toga must be thinking what else can I do !

Fair enough , I thought there was NBW , SSW & DBW to name a few - still think it's a big shame , As a promotor Toga must be thinking what else can I do !

I would say NBW is well out of way though they have run in Barnsley, I was there, the draw was shit, it was far superior at its Dinnington debut however, SSW has been on hiatus since last summer and DBW (who I'd admittedly forgot) are barely a blip on the radar to DPW, pretty sure they only run small shows for the Donny locals.

My theory on why our area is so bad is simply this, 1PW burned it out via tons of imports and poor business decisions, why would smart fans care about Jonny Kickpads when they've seen Ric Flair & Bret Hart, watched Jonny Saint Vs Colt Cabana and drank beer with The Sandman whilst he did his iconic ring entrance. It'd be like watching Friends (the sitcom) for awhile then having the 6 stars leave cause they couldn't afford them but keep the show running using Gunther and other background characters. Not everyone would think like that but some do.

Many also have been burnt by the collapse of the Gauntley era financially or were so disgusted they gave up Britwres altogether. I've been around here quite sometime and very few of the friends I made at wrestling shows still attend mainly because of reason's listed above, also the economy in Yorkshire is dire these days.

As for DPW, I've not spoken business with Toges for quite a few months now so I don't know the situation but I agree, I know from experience its frustrating to put a great show together, promote it shitless than have a poor turnout. Sometimes its as simple as people can't be arsed to go out that night. Its the nature of the beast.

I wish nothing but the best for Toga & DPW

I don't think 1PW can be blamed for this at all.

DPW and feds of this nature should be marketing heavily to the local family market. They should be putting posters and flyers everywhere they can in the surrounding area, especially around any and all schools depending on how many are in the nearby vicinity.

The average kid won't know that over a year ago, in Doncaster 40 minutes away in a car, RVD was at 1PW's last Doncaster show. And not even the kids parents would be aware that one cunt in South Yorkshire was a bit sticky fingered when it came to money.

I get it if you're trying to argue the collapse of the Yorkshire smart mark. But DPW, even when 1PW was still running, were not relying or marketing towards the smark money. In Morley, there were plenty of kids and families there and that's the money you need.

I have no idea if Togs was up all day and night wandering Ossett putting flyers up, or looking very suspicious stood so close to school property. He could've done that and still suffered a bad draw. The result? Ossett isn't a wrestling area. Move on and find somewhere new.

I get why DPW are travelling in the Leeds area as they don't wanna burn out the one market. But when you're travelling, there is always going to be trial and error. This was error. But 1PW's past actions can't be blamed on Yorkshire as a whole struggling.

Bit gutted about the lack of professionalism.

On their website, they stated that they had another training seminar. Me and a friend were going to go to the seminar, show, and probably buy sweets and other sugary shite. I messaged DPW and toga, yet no information.

I found out literally 30 mins before I set off that there was no training. Bit gutted, but would have been fuming of I went down at 1 to find nobody at the building.

I don't think 1PW can be blamed for this at all.

DPW and feds of this nature should be marketing heavily to the local family market. They should be putting posters and flyers everywhere they can in the surrounding area, especially around any and all schools depending on how many are in the nearby vicinity.

The average kid won't know that over a year ago, in Doncaster 40 minutes away in a car, RVD was at 1PW's last Doncaster show. And not even the kids parents would be aware that one cunt in South Yorkshire was a bit sticky fingered when it came to money.

I get it if you're trying to argue the collapse of the Yorkshire smart mark. But DPW, even when 1PW was still running, were not relying or marketing towards the smark money. In Morley, there were plenty of kids and families there and that's the money you need.

I have no idea if Togs was up all day and night wandering Ossett putting flyers up, or looking very suspicious stood so close to school property. He could've done that and still suffered a bad draw. The result? Ossett isn't a wrestling area. Move on and find somewhere new.

I get why DPW are travelling in the Leeds area as they don't wanna burn out the one market. But when you're travelling, there is always going to be trial and error. This was error. But 1PW's past actions can't be blamed on Yorkshire as a whole struggling.

Regarding the size of the crowd for these type of shows, you have to look at the recession. Wrestling will always be a luxury item on peoples shopping lists, also the popularity of the current WWE product does seem to have a knock-on effect, good or bad?

At the last NGW Show (in Hull, Yorkshire). They drew a good crowd, the show was very heavily promoted & yet i suggest that less than 20% of the audience were casual walkups? Lots of trainees, friends & families. This is not a bad thing, you have to do what you have to do, to survive in the current climate.

I wish DPW well for trying to put on quality shows & turn a profit? If you love wrestling & hard work, then you are in with a chance. If you are into easy money & get rich quick schemes, i have two words for you......Forget it!

Archived