Car problems

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

I have a Ford Fiesta 02 plate (old model)

75,000 on the clock. Recently the car starts to jerk (feels like the car itself can't keep up. it then jerks forward and backwards) when I accelerate after starting the car . The problem stops within 10 minutes but I'm sure not doing anything about it is doing more harm than good.

I'll be going to a garage when I can, any advice on why this happens/possible solutions in the meantime?

Cheers

I had what exactly sounds like the same problem in my Clio. That was a garage job unfortunately and not particularly cheap. Turned out it was a knackered "number 4 ignition coil" :bored: I'm not a car type but I think thats the modern name for a spark plug. I also think the garage fucked me.

Could also be an airflow problem. Has any work been carried out recently or has the car been taken over any rough ground/roads? If an air pipe has come loose before the intake manifold the car will be breathing in more air than it needs or as someone else said dirty air, this can cause a jerky motion. Let us know what the outcome is. :sneaky:

• Paid Members

Drove home from work to my Girlfriends house and the 1.htm121.gif (Engine malfunction light) came on.

Rang a local garage here and they cant look at it til next week which leaves me stuck.

Anyone have an experience of this? I#m assuming driving with this on is a no no?

Yep, I had the exact same thing happen as described, 'twas the airflow meter. Depending on the car the part is easy to replace, i had the old version of the micra at the time so a new one would have been about 900, got one from a car that was being scrapped for 100 instead.

• Paid Members

That came on with my rover, the plug leads had deteriorated and fucked the plugs and the distributor. As Rover had gone broke it was a bitch to fix. I would drive it to start with as the light would go out after a while and we were in the process of getting parts but in the end it just fucked the parts more and I had to drive home with a top speed of about 30 down hill, so left it till it was sorted after that.

I had the jumping problem with an old 96 fiesta too, we never solved it and there was just so much wrong with it, it would also cut out every time it slowed and would rev really hard without touching anything. We exhausted family knowledge on it and the garage couldn't have cared less for some reason.

Its hard to tell unless we are you and have driven the car of course, but it could be something as simple as the cold weather causing the car to take a while to get going, or dirt in the fuel tank as mentioned. Perfectly plausible given the recent weather.

These things should be fine over time.

Warning light- again might just be some dirt in the tank. Try driving it again and it might be okay.

• Paid Members

I saw your name as last poster and knew something along those lines would follow ;)

Thanks for all replies. My Girlfriends step brother who was a mechanic is gonna have a look tomorrow. It'll prob have to go to a garage though.

Fucking cars :(

• Paid Members
I saw your name as last poster and knew something along those lines would follow ;)

Thanks for all replies. My Girlfriends step brother who was a mechanic is gonna have a look tomorrow. It'll prob have to go to a garage though.

Fucking cars :(

Forget jerking... fucking cars is very inadvisable.

Archived