Top promotion in England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland?

Jetta's G-string

I've been on this forum nearly a year now and its really peaked my interest in British wrestling, tried to attend a few shows in this time too. So was wondering the opinion of you guys, as to who you think is the best promotion in each country in the UK? I realise very few will have seen all promotions, like myself whose only seen English ones, so will answer using my own experience as well as info i've heard about certain companies.

ENGLAND - A toss up between All star and 4FW, but going with All star.

SCOTLAND - PBW, heard nothing but good things about these

WALES - Welsh Wrestling, almost attended a show of theirs in Builth Wells, but fell ill.

IRELAND - IWW, actually the only Irish promotion i know of

I have only been to shows in England however from what i have heard and read then PBW would win it hands down for scotland.

Now i believe that it depends how you are judging what makes a top promotion

My instant thought was IPW - every show i have ever seen has been top class

however

If i was to name my favourite ever shows then 1PW and Dragongate would be up there at the top

If i was to look at production then FWA

If i was to look at business model i would say All-Star

PBW doesn't win hands down. For pure entertainment AND good wrestling, ICW has it.

PBW put on pretty solid shows, but they don't really have me itching to go back.

Maybe I should have left that of there then as I am only putting what I have heard - looks like i've got to come up and sample both for myself ;)

• Paid Members

England: Has to be IPW:UK, same sort of set up as the FWA although focus' more on the in ring than 500 millions youtube updates. Its a very ronseal promotion for me.

Scotland: I give a nod to SWA, Been running a long time and started the "Gathering" supershows up in the scotland areas, that and being an NWA member nocks it up a notch in my book. Various great wrestlers and matches also.

Wales: Ravenhill promotions, not many in the welsh area, i think LDN did a few shows in wales, although from what i understand many welsh promotions are a bit hit/miss, and with Ravenhill being an welsh representative for the UEWA also, thats a good sign of what sort of level they are on.

Ireland/Northen ireland: Sadly i dont know if ireland has many promotions any more. I know of IWW, but i tihnk they may of gone very downhill since we all last saw them.

• Paid Members
ENGLAND - A toss up between All star and 4FW, but going with All star.

SCOTLAND - PBW, heard nothing but good things about these

WALES - Welsh Wrestling, almost attended a show of theirs in Builth Wells, but fell ill.

IRELAND - IWW, actually the only Irish promotion i know of

I can't argue with these at all.

England: IPW:UK hands down i think

Wales: BWP every show i have been to very good had some good unknown and some well known talent on

Scotland: Never been to a show but hopefully will try in 2011

Ireland: IWW been to one show was awesome

Scotland: I give a nod to SWA, Been running a long time and started the "Gathering" supershows up in the scotland areas, that and being an NWA member nocks it up a notch in my book. Various great wrestlers and matches also.

When did you last see an swa show? Or rather any Scottish show? :confused:

• Paid Members

When did you last see an swa show? Or rather any Scottish show? :confused:

Why do you ask? :confused:

Archived