Top promotion in England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland?

Jetta's G-string

In fairness there are a lot of promotions in scotland, 4 main ones (to my knowledge anyway) and of the 4 swa is by far the worst in my view. A few years ago then yeah they could argue a case for the number one spot, sadly no longer. Just my view

Im sure its a bit unfair to the SWA guys to say they are shit! One of those thing and it goes along the lines of opinions are like arseholes everyones got one...

Seen PBW and SWA in the last year and from a fan point of view PBW had a solid card and SWA had more of story line card going on which gives us the variety that we need in life... Not been to ICW or BCW or anyone else so can't comment but both i did see were good shows in there own right...

IWW runs more shows in Ireland than anyone else if I understand things correctly, so if you're basing things on that then it is probably number one. However apparently its shows have decreased hugely in quality since its heydey with its shows now often featuring no more than 6 wrestlers. Haven't been to a show myself in a long long time so perhaps someone else could correct me here if I'm wrong?

Some of you may be familiar with AWR (the touring company that brings big names to France every year), well the home promotion for the guys who work for that company (Sean Maxer, Paul Tracey, Omen etc) work for No Limit Wrestling when they are at home. Its shows are fairly infrequent but they are generally well attended (by Irish standards) and the wrestling is of a high quality. It would therefore be my personal first pick.

Very harsh on SWA I reckon. I got very annoyed with them after two matches I was looking forward to on two seperate shows that didn't happen and I haven't been to an SWA show since. Went to plenty of Source/NXT shows before that and there was always something on the card that appealed to me. Even on those two shows I mentioned, you had good stuff going on.

Do All-Star do the live commentary at all their events or just their holiday camp ones?

you'll find that its on the holiday camps that you would find this happening, i'm sure there are a few promoters who do the holiday resorts(as they now like to be called) will testify that its something that will be part of any camp show you go to.

I've been on this forum nearly a year now and its really peaked my interest in British wrestling, tried to attend a few shows in this time too. So was wondering the opinion of you guys, as to who you think is the best promotion in each country in the UK? I realise very few will have seen all promotions, like myself whose only seen English ones, so will answer using my own experience as well as info i've heard about certain companies.

ENGLAND - A toss up between All star and 4FW, but going with All star.

SCOTLAND - PBW, heard nothing but good things about these

WALES - Welsh Wrestling, almost attended a show of theirs in Builth Wells, but fell ill.

IRELAND - IWW, actually the only Irish promotion i know of

I never realised IwW was a British promotion or that Ireland was in the UK. When did that happen? Does that mean Canada is in the USA and that New Zealand is in Australia because they're beside each other? And how come Ireland has the Euro their own government and president but can still be British and in the UK?

Do All-Star do the live commentary at all their events or just their holiday camp ones?

you'll find that its on the holiday camps that you would find this happening, i'm sure there are a few promoters who do the holiday resorts(as they now like to be called) will testify that its something that will be part of any camp show you go to.

All-star has upto a few guys running different parts of the country at any one time using different workers and announcers, some like to do the live commentary and some dont, some just like to start the chants and spur on the heat from the kiddys so it depends who has the mic.

Personally I hate live commentery but the occasional "Come on ref, he's cheating. Cheat, cheat, cheat!" is all gravy.

I never realised IwW was a British promotion or that Ireland was in the UK. When did that happen? Does that mean Canada is in the USA and that New Zealand is in Australia because they're beside each other? And how come Ireland has the Euro their own government and president but can still be British and in the UK?

ROI is the Ginger step child of Britain, not really releated but we count it as our own.

Interesting debate really, I'd probably go with:

Scotland: PBW, BCW, ICW in no particular order

England: FWA, IPW, DPW in no particular order

I have no knowledge of anything to do with Ireland or Wales, although I did watch IWW many, many years ago on Wrestling TV.

ROI is the Ginger step child of Britain, not really releated but we count it as our own.

More like the nephew you abused when you got drunk.

IWW runs more shows in Ireland than anyone else if I understand things correctly, so if you're basing things on that then it is probably number one. However apparently its shows have decreased hugely in quality since its heydey with its shows now often featuring no more than 6 wrestlers. Haven't been to a show myself in a long long time so perhaps someone else could correct me here if I'm wrong?

Some of you may be familiar with AWR (the touring company that brings big names to France every year), well the home promotion for the guys who work for that company (Sean Maxer, Paul Tracey, Omen etc) work for No Limit Wrestling when they are at home. Its shows are fairly infrequent but they are generally well attended (by Irish standards) and the wrestling is of a high quality. It would therefore be my personal first pick.

+1 for No Limit Wrestling.

Ran an Irish Top 30 and 7 of the top ten guys are involved with NLW. They and Fight Factory Pro-Wrestling have the best rosters in the country.

I've been on this forum nearly a year now and its really peaked my interest in British wrestling, tried to attend a few shows in this time too. So was wondering the opinion of you guys, as to who you think is the best promotion in each country in the UK? I realise very few will have seen all promotions, like myself whose only seen English ones, so will answer using my own experience as well as info i've heard about certain companies.

ENGLAND - A toss up between All star and 4FW, but going with All star.

SCOTLAND - PBW, heard nothing but good things about these

WALES - Welsh Wrestling, almost attended a show of theirs in Builth Wells, but fell ill.

IRELAND - IWW, actually the only Irish promotion i know of

Well the UK helped bail the ROI out, so you could argue that we now own Ireland :p

Archived