Report: Jeff Hardy To Plead Guilty On Drug Charges

vealster

Source:

The Charlotte Observer is reporting TNA Champion Jeff Hardy plans to plead guilty in the Superior Court of Moore County next month on drug charges from his September 2009 arrest. Hardy's house was raided on September 11, 2009 where law enforcement found multiple prescription medications, anabolic steroids, cocaine and drug paraphernalia.

This obviously means TNA is going to have to plan to take the TNA Championship off of him and it looks like he could spend years behind bars.

Update: Hardy is set to enter the plea of "guilty" on the morning of Thursday, January 20, 2011.

It's all starting to sound quite serious for Hardy now...

It doesn't "obviously mean" such a thing (unsure whether the OP or the source used such a ridiculous term without substance)

This quote from the regions newspaper seems to suggest that a plea agreement has been reached. Otherwise, why would Hardy suddenly plead guilty after so much time passing?

At a court appearance earlier this month, Hardy's lawyer, James Van Camp, told the judge his client intends to plead guilty at his hearing Jan.20, District Attorney Maureen Krueger said.

Krueger would not comment on whether Hardy would be offered a deal in exchange for his plea, or whether he would be able to avoid jail time.

EDIT to add link: Link

• Paid Members
Hes going down for a long time looks like he will lose the title at genesis then

I seriously doubt he'd agree to any deal that involves prison time. I mean, what would be the point?

Aside from the fact that TNA's World Champion is pleading guilty to some serious drug charges, I think it's worth noting that this is the second time that Jeff Hardy has flat out lied to his fans about his drug problems. For a couple of guys who owe a lot of their success to a fanbase that continued to cheer them no matter how poorly they were booked, the Hardys really do seem to treat those same fans with total distain.

Hes going down for a long time looks like he will lose the title at genesis then

I seriously doubt he'd agree to any deal that involves prison time. I mean, what would be the point?

Aside from the fact that TNA's World Champion is pleading guilty to some serious drug charges, I think it's worth noting that this is the second time that Jeff Hardy has flat out lied to his fans about his drug problems. For a couple of guys who owe a lot of their success to a fanbase that continued to cheer them no matter how poorly they were booked, the Hardys really do seem to treat those same fans with total distain.

the point would be to get say 2 or 3 years rather than 6

Maybe he's pleading guilty because he is guilty. Pleading guilty can obviously reduce sentence and the judge can look more favorably on you for admitting your crime. However if he's admitting guilty to possession AND intent to sell, then he's got to expect some kind of jail. It'll probably be a suspended jail term, where he doesn't spend any time behind bars but if he's arrested for even the most minor thing he'll be sent down.

This junkie needs jail time

Sorry to be Captain Sensible, but the very last thing most junkies need is 'jail time'.

Especially in America, it's easier to get drugs in prison than outside. Whatever he's on now, he'll probably be on the same or worse when he gets out. The idiot needs a reality check and then rehab. Whatever 'deal' he gets, if he's on a suspended sentence or probation, surely he'll be drug tested every so often and if there is even a sniff of drugs in his system, then he'll be sent inside.

Stupid tit needs to sort his shit out, and his fat brother. I'm far from their biggest fan nowadays, but they entertained the shit out of me during the TLC years (1999-2001/2) and I don't really want to see either of them in prison or dead, not just yet anyway!

Archived