IWF Wrestling: Tournament of Faith VII (DATE CHANGED)

IWF

Ive just noticed that the 2010 awards ceremony is on too. Cool, should be a fun night in all.

Are the awards happening before or after the show itself?

The awards will be handed out to each winner of an award between each tournament match it gives a short 1 minute interval to get a drink at the bar etc.

Lets get more talking about this show and the awards :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a great show, will have to try to get down there.

tournament of faith looks good, not sure who will win it as there is alot of great talent in there.

my picks would be katsu or christ (would of said jimmy blade but i think he will be contending for the big belt again soon)

any other matches been anounced or is that the full card?

For those who don't know, the IWF Award 2010 winners have already been announced on iwfwrestling.co.uk

The winners are:

2010 IWF Wrestler of the Year:

Assassin

2010 IWF Moment of the Year:

CRW Invade IWF

IWF Match Of The Year 2010:

Ladder Match Longbenton

(Tim Strange vs Katsu vs Mike Redback vs Steve Redback vs TY McFly vs Hot Ed)

Most Improved of 2010:

TY McFly

IWF Tag Team Of The Year:

Hot Wings

IWF Newcomer of the Year:

Leon Kingdom

Most Hated Wrestler of 2010:

Tim Strange

Character of The Year:

Katsu

Best Mic and Creative Skills:

Mr Hollywood

What are people's thoughts on the award winners?

looks like a great show, will have to try to get down there.

tournament of faith looks good, not sure who will win it as there is alot of great talent in there.

my picks would be katsu or christ (would of said jimmy blade but i think he will be contending for the big belt again soon)

any other matches been anounced or is that the full card?

No thats the full card, 7 matches from the Tournament Of Faith and then the 2 non Tournament Of Faith plus the extra Awards ceremony we hope to be giving you your moneys worth as its set to be a great night.

Hope too see you all there :)

For those who don't know, the IWF Award 2010 winners have already been announced on iwfwrestling.co.uk

The winners are:

Assassin

CRW Invade IWF

Ladder Match Longbenton

Most Improved of 2010:

TY McFly

Hot Wings

Leon Kingdom

Tim Strange

Character of The Year:

Katsu

Mr Hollywood

I never voted but there was no shock Hot Wings won Tag Team of the year, its doesn't feel that long a go since they won the tag titles. I would of said Hot Wings vs Harry Pain and Lewis Beardsley was match of the year.

(Only a 3 minute clip of the finish but it was great, especially with the driver Harry Pain give to Brett Eagle the reaction of everyone there says it all)

Anyone agree?

I will vaguely say that in my opinion some of the awards are spot on, some I can appreciate even if I disagree and some seem ludicrous but thats always the case with stuff like this I think. Also, I only saw the second half of the year too so there may be stuff I cant consider that others have

A couple I disagree with, I'm gutted I never voted this year as I wasn't even aware but overall I can concede it's a decent winners cirlce.

Problem with the awards is people can be very short minded, so only the back end of the year really gets used despite some cracking stuff earlier in the year. Still, I actually would agree with the Ladder Match, surprised me to no end and I can still remember parts of it which to me is a good sign.

The winners are:

Assassin

CRW Invade IWF

Ladder Match Longbenton

Most Improved of 2010:

TY McFly

Hot Wings

Leon Kingdom

Tim Strange

Character of The Year:

Katsu

Mr Hollywood

i agree on most of them looking for to the whole show on paper its a cracking card think Robbie Ryder for the Championship would be great to see him win it for the tag titles i think either Perfect Harmony or Redback squared tof either Katsu or Jimmy Blade

i agree on most of them looking for to the whole show on paper its a cracking card think Robbie Ryder for the Championship would be great to see him win it for the tag titles i think either Perfect Harmony or Redback squared tof either Katsu or Jimmy Blade

I have to disagree with most of this. In my opinion Ryder picking it up at this show would be a little bit pointless, I mean the guy is great and I really rate him but with no fued, build up or any real reason it just would seem a bit needless to have him pick up the strap in such a throwaway (but great) main event. Assassin to retain is my pick.

I also have a differing look on the tag match, again this is just my opinion but those two teams seem like only one strong one in each. Mike Redback has come on by miles and I have to rescind some of my previous comments on him, however his brother still has a look of discomfort in the ring. Definitely comes across to me anyway as uncomfortable and lost at times at least, with Mike carrying this team however they still have a great look and are still plausible as dominating.

Perfect Harmony aggain seems one-sided, from the little I've seen of both these guys (IWF and WrestleGateshead mainly) it seems that they have Leon Kingdom as the talented strong member of the team, yet the more imposing-looking Big Kris just seems incredibly dangerous as a worker. Leon may be there but I'd say Big Kris has a lot more time before he should wear a title and despite the fact he apparently "hits harder than reality" someone may need to explain to him the concept of "working" those hits. Again, I'd pick a successful title defence: Hot Wings to win.

Finally, I actually do agree with Katsu or Jimmy Blade winning the tournament itself. My reasons are previously stated, however I think from what I've seen of both of these guys and for different reasons, it would be well deserved.

Is it worth reserving seats? Or will turning up on the night still guarantee a few seats?

I have to disagree with most of this. In my opinion Ryder picking it up at this show would be a little bit pointless, I mean the guy is great and I really rate him but with no fued, build up or any real reason it just would seem a bit needless to have him pick up the strap in such a throwaway (but great) main event. Assassin to retain is my pick.

I also have a differing look on the tag match, again this is just my opinion but those two teams seem like only one strong one in each. Mike Redback has come on by miles and I have to rescind some of my previous comments on him, however his brother still has a look of discomfort in the ring. Definitely comes across to me anyway as uncomfortable and lost at times at least, with Mike carrying this team however they still have a great look and are still plausible as dominating.

Perfect Harmony aggain seems one-sided, from the little I've seen of both these guys (IWF and WrestleGateshead mainly) it seems that they have Leon Kingdom as the talented strong member of the team, yet the more imposing-looking Big Kris just seems incredibly dangerous as a worker. Leon may be there but I'd say Big Kris has a lot more time before he should wear a title and despite the fact he apparently "hits harder than reality" someone may need to explain to him the concept of "working" those hits. Again, I'd pick a successful title defence: Hot Wings to win.

Finally, I actually do agree with Katsu or Jimmy Blade winning the tournament itself. My reasons are previously stated, however I think from what I've seen of both of these guys and for different reasons, it would be well deserved.

Is it worth reserving seats? Or will turning up on the night still guarantee a few seats?

We have had a few reservations already such as a reservation for a group of 10 so I would only suggest it if you are wanting a front row seat or have a group of you wanting to get seats with tables, with Longbenton not so far away from South Gosforth and being located next to the metro station there may be the chance of getting a similar draw (hopefully) and with the club not being as large as the Innisfree theres the chance of people having to stand.

Who are people hoping to see get drawn together in the Tournament of Faith?

Don't know about anyone else but I'm still thinking on the mystery entrant. For now I'm really hoping it's Martin Kirby. So for my tournamnet picks I'm just going to say Kirby!

1st Round

Lewis Beardsley v Martin Kirby

Harrison Brand v Lowthian

Jimmy Blade v Adam Christ

Tim Strange v Katsu

Semi-Finals

Martin Kirby v Katsu

Jimmy Blade v Lowthian

Final

Jimmy Blade v Katsu (that way either winner will be great for me)

This is looking like it's going to be a very good IWF show - can't wait to see it!

Considering Ryder probably scored the biggest win of an IWF wrestler in 2010 (over Beardsley & Pac at the Anniversary show) I could see him scoring the upset. It would open up the title picture & freshen things up.

The quality of the competitors in the tournament is high this year. Blade had a run with the main title last year so it must be time for someone else to get a bit of a push. Katsu maybe but you've got to think Tim Strange is going to do well considering he is the defending champ. Then there is Brand who deserves another run and Beardsley & Lowthian are both making names for themselves outside of the fed... it'll be interesting to see what happens :thumbsup:

Kirby is top-class and always a highlight of these shows but he was at the qualifiers and lost to big Jimmy so it wouldn't make sense really to put him in the tournament now (although how Lothian got in by another CRW member winning a match beats me). I'm wondering if the mystery entrant is going to be a return of a former IWF wrestler or a new guy. I saw a few suspects at the NEW show last month but it would be cool if it turned out to be Jarrow's most famous man

This is looking like it's going to be a very good IWF show - can't wait to see it!

Considering Ryder probably scored the biggest win of an IWF wrestler in 2010 (over Beardsley & Pac at the Anniversary show) I could see him scoring the upset. It would open up the title picture & freshen things up.

The quality of the competitors in the tournament is high this year. Blade had a run with the main title last year so it must be time for someone else to get a bit of a push. Katsu maybe but you've got to think Tim Strange is going to do well considering he is the defending champ. Then there is Brand who deserves another run and Beardsley & Lowthian are both making names for themselves outside of the fed... it'll be interesting to see what happens :thumbsup:

Kirby is top-class and always a highlight of these shows but he was at the qualifiers and lost to big Jimmy so it wouldn't make sense really to put him in the tournament now (although how Lothian got in by another CRW member winning a match beats me). I'm wondering if the mystery entrant is going to be a return of a former IWF wrestler or a new guy. I saw a few suspects at the NEW show last month but it would be cool if it turned out to be Jarrow's most famous man

Lowthian I think got into the tournament because it was CRW winning a spot and not just the guy in the match, think CRW choose Lowthian to enter the tournament and represent them.

Archived