IWF Wrestling: Tournament of Faith VII (DATE CHANGED)

IWF

Some interesting choices in CRW vs. IWF matches from people suggested here, not sure how a CRW vs. IWF Show would go down in general though as even some people have admittedly said they don't attend both companies Shows, seems some people are either pro CRW fans or pro IWF fans on the board rather than just checking out both companies shows for the sake of seeing some Wrestling.

If I was to book one though, I'd probably go along the lines of......

Assassin vs. Lowthian

Leon Kingdom vs. either The Saint or Cohash McQuade

Robbie Ryder vs. either The Saint or Cohash McQuade

Hot Ed vs. either Cohash McQuade or Caden

Lewis Chambers vs. either El Striko or Caden

Katsu vs. C.K. Edwards

Hot Wings vs. The Mintos

TY McFly vs. Lucas Marvel

Adam Christ vs. Purfect Purdie

And then two that I couldn't fit into the card but could easily replace possible opponents in the card above being Jimmy Blade & 'Kowboy' Dan West.

Also, if we are to have some talkers to add to the show for some humour, I think interactions on the mic between the likes of Tony Fury, Flash Roberts, J.W.C & Mr. Hollywood could go down a riot depending on how you work in the mic banter into the show.

And maybe, just maybe, for this show, you could go along the lines of possible switcharoo's from a storyline pupose of guys jumping from IWF to CRW & vice versa so as to shake it up & not see who would really be representing who.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most the points made about the show so far have been pretty much on the mark as far as the best matches of the night. I was a bit surprised with Katsu winning the tournament (maybe the ref was too???) but he did seem the favourite on here. I didn't expect the Redback's to take the tag titles either but they certainly look the part. It was very cool to see Lee Kyle back in an IWF ring, hopefully it wasn't the last time like he seemed to suggest.

By the way was it ever mentioned why the gay guy (I think it's Will Powers) who was last seen wrestling Kitty Morgan and Emma May for the 'Lady' title at the Anniversary came out and attacked Tim Strange?

He was actually announced as being Tim's opponent, until Mr. Hollywood got on the mic to clear up that he had actually changed the match earlier to make it Tim vs. Lee.

Obviously sent out to make us all think Tim was going to have a walk in the park / easy win type match in the Tourny & so that they could then introduce Lee as a suprise.

• Paid Members
By the way was it ever mentioned why the gay guy (I think it's Will Powers) who was last seen wrestling Kitty Morgan and Emma May for the 'Lady' title at the Anniversary came out and attacked Tim Strange?

I was wondering who he was. I recognised him, but couldn't put a name to him.

IWF TOF VII Results

Outgoing Commissioner TY McFly opened the show introducing Mr Hollywood as the new General Manager of the IWF. Mr Hollywood in turn presented TY with his Most Improved Wrestler of 2010 Award before bringing out the Tournament Of Faith 7 participants as is the tradition, minus the

I'm glad the show went really well last night and got a good turn out, wouldn't have minded seeing the lewis v katsu match and no doubt the tag match would have been fun. Nice to lee kyle making an appearance and congrats to katsu but Is it just me or do these shows just seem to have gone a bit flat? Maybe just missing a bit of excitement these days after the departure of paulcy C and another few names missing these days.

IWF shows improved if anything, I thought last year up until September (i'd say since the Dudley show) the shows and attendances were low at the start of 2010 and took a massive jump, not sure what was the difference but the cards seemed new and not as repetitive, as for Pauly C I thought could of affected IWF shows but they improved surprisingly; I wouldn't say Pauly is a miss and after watching the wrestling show at Throckley in December it shows that he doesnt improve a card in the slightest as the show was awful and I only truely enjoyed Brett Eagle vs Katsu (speaking of Katsu he looks to be the new top good guy of IWF lately and congrats to him on the Tournament/Title win)

I was there last night and although I was sat near some knob head with a bandana who wouldnt shut up ruining the show all the way through saying "give him time to recover" "Oh he sells the ribs now" I was sat a few people down from him all I could think of was what a knob he was sat next to a family with children and the last thing they want is someone who thinks he is a veteran yet he was the punter it just spoilt it for the people around but he moved to the bar later on the night and I started enjoying the show again. Someone said it best saying it was mixed in the bag but I guess it was a packed card running to with less time for matches as I wouldn't mind seeing a main event rematch, it was a mix between Lowthian vs Katsu or The Tag Team match if I had to choose I think the Tag Team Match had more shocks such as Leon Kingdom giving a death valley to Big Kris, I think Leon can be big someday hopefully in years to come he will be one of the big UK names, also its sad to see Hot Wings lose the title but Max Heat did punch Brett Eagle so whether they are set to have a fall out i'm sure it will be entertaining stuff and finally the Powerbomb Big Kris gave to Brett was awesome.

Overall a great night out Pennywell may be a bit far but the Longbenton show in March is deffinately on my schedule as I love the Longbenton atmosphere and its simple to get to.

Did anyone else think that there was more adults than kids last night or was that just me?

I believe you are referring to Stallion of XWA fame who manages the Rockstar Spud hardly a mere "punter". :bored: He did take exception and rightfully so to Brand being introduced as the "Rockstar".

The show was average at best, Katsu, Assassin and Lothwian put in strong performances as always yet the rest of the card can easily be forgotten. Enjoyable matches were the Heavyweight bout with Ryder and Assassin, the Tag Match (which I likewise would of kept the belts with Hotwings as the Redbacks look too goofy to carry them) and Lewis The Dragon's match with Katsu. Good to see Katsu getting the title and a good push. My personal opinion of the show is that I wish more of the talent would hit a gym, especially people like Brand who looked more like pete doherty than a wrestler. But with a whole year ahead I'm sure it will be good :)

Well, personally I go to see IWF shows because of the great wrestling that they offer. I certainly don't go to check out their bodies, so I don't care if they go to the gym or not!!

• Paid Members

Former IWF North East Champion and ToF Finalist Tim Strange will be on AlterNation on NE1 FM 102.5 on this coming Monday night.

102.5fm in the Newcastle upon Tyne area, or online at www.ne1fm.net

AlterNation plays great alternative music and fantastic unsigned bands, as well having guests along.

Archived