IWF Wrestling: Tournament of Faith VII (DATE CHANGED)

IWF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Next IWF show, I think I'm going to wear a UKFF hat :D

merch deal right there UKFF branded gear it would turn up at shows up and down the country

How about t-shirts? The UKFF logo on the front and "We Love Neil" on the back :)

Sign me up for the set: cap, t-shirt, underwear, socks. (on the back on my t-shirt I want "Dillkid 4life!!!" lol)

I think I know who you are now if you were sitting where I think either two lads in the front on the end, or with the kids on the right side.

That proposed CRW card looked really good, I'd pay to see that. I'd just add Assassin vs Cohash McQuade and Kitty Morgan vs DynaWhite.

• Paid Members
Sign me up for the set: cap, t-shirt, underwear, socks. (on the back on my t-shirt I want "Dillkid 4life!!!" lol)

I think I know who you are now if you were sitting where I think either two lads in the front on the end, or with the kids on the right side.

That proposed CRW card looked really good, I'd pay to see that. I'd just add Assassin vs Cohash McQuade and Kitty Morgan vs DynaWhite.

Neither of those were me.

I was in the single row of seats with the tables in front, the bit about half the wrestlers ended up in during Tag Team Turmoil.

Actually, Emma May stood right in front of me during the title match.

I agree with the card that was proposed. Being a fan of both promotions they both have a lot of talent to put on a great show.

Pretty sure the saint and lewis have faced off before, with them both being excellent performers I would love to see them go at it again.

Mintos and hotwings have wrestled before in a great match so that is deffo a good choice.

Ty and marvel have wrestled at wrestle gateshead, nice solid match with some great crowd work by both. Ty worked great as a face and marvel played the arrogant pretty boy to good effect. Would like to see marvel as a face though as his high flying is toned down when he goesd heel.

I would rather see lowthian vs ryder as it would be nice to see how ryder would deal with lowthians powerhouse routine and in turn ryder could use his aerial moves to great effect.

Would go with the redbacks taking on the beta bodies (ck edwards and purfect purdy)

Lucha match would be good to see. Maybe mask vs mask.

Adam christ vs freddy furey would be interesting to see.

Cohash and assasin also would be greatm

Wouldd also like to see jason daniels (party boy dan) vs leon kingdom and jimmy blade vs caden.

What do you think.

I'm glad the show went really well last night and got a good turn out, wouldn't have minded seeing the lewis v katsu match and no doubt the tag match would have been fun. Nice to lee kyle making an appearance and congrats to katsu but Is it just me or do these shows just seem to have gone a bit flat? Maybe just missing a bit of excitement these days after the departure of paulcy C and another few names missing these days.

IWF shows improved if anything, I thought last year up until September (i'd say since the Dudley show) the shows and attendances were low at the start of 2010 and took a massive jump, not sure what was the difference but the cards seemed new and not as repetitive, as for Pauly C I thought could of affected IWF shows but they improved surprisingly; I wouldn't say Pauly is a miss and after watching the wrestling show at Throckley in December it shows that he doesnt improve a card in the slightest as the show was awful and I only truely enjoyed Brett Eagle vs Katsu (speaking of Katsu he looks to be the new top good guy of IWF lately and congrats to him on the Tournament/Title win)

I was there last night and although I was sat near some knob head with a bandana who wouldnt shut up ruining the show all the way through saying "give him time to recover" "Oh he sells the ribs now" I was sat a few people down from him all I could think of was what a knob he was sat next to a family with children and the last thing they want is someone who thinks he is a veteran yet he was the punter it just spoilt it for the people around but he moved to the bar later on the night and I started enjoying the show again. Someone said it best saying it was mixed in the bag but I guess it was a packed card running to with less time for matches as I wouldn't mind seeing a main event rematch, it was a mix between Lowthian vs Katsu or The Tag Team match if I had to choose I think the Tag Team Match had more shocks such as Leon Kingdom giving a death valley to Big Kris, I think Leon can be big someday hopefully in years to come he will be one of the big UK names, also its sad to see Hot Wings lose the title but Max Heat did punch Brett Eagle so whether they are set to have a fall out i'm sure it will be entertaining stuff and finally the Powerbomb Big Kris gave to Brett was awesome.

Overall a great night out Pennywell may be a bit far but the Longbenton show in March is deffinately on my schedule as I love the Longbenton atmosphere and its simple to get to.

Did anyone else think that there was more adults than kids last night or was that just me?

• Paid Members

It was a very adult crowd last night Camel.

I heard the guy you were on about, he sounded a right tool.

Nearly as bad as the guy in front of me as the Newsham show in 2009.

Long story short, him and his two kids. He kept telling them "it was all fake", and then one wrestler, I forget who it was, was selling a beating and limping out of the ring to the wrestlers entrance, he stopped him and asked for an autograph.

I just thought "sheesh!".

• Paid Members

I thought it was a canny good show to be honest. My fav' matches of the night.. tag match, Lewis vs katsu and the Ryder match. As noted, The mocking of Redbacks family was funny, Assasin ripping the shit out of people was funny as usual, 'fan boo's and shouts something'... to which Assasin replied with, "What?? i don't speak common, was it something about your benefits?"... being my personal fav'.

Its the first time i've seen Tim as a heel, he was usually very funny as a face, but i think he needs to drop the comedy act a bit and just focus on destroying the shit out of people, the first lad that ran down to face tim 'the fake mystery opponent' was butchered and i think thats what Tim needs to do.

I also saw that lad being cuffed by the coppers at the metro station.

The show was alright, but, I only really enjoyed watching 3 of the matches of the entire card, I was hoping to have enjoyed 4 as I was really looking forward to the 4 Team Tag Match, but, it was just a bit of a shambles in some places that let it down for me.

Lowthian vs. Katsu, Lewis vs. Katsu & Assassin vs. Ryder were the 3 stand out matches of the night & I think Lewis managed to hold his opening match together well with Billy Morrison, but just the wrong type of opponent for the likes of Lewis.

Was good to see Lee Kyle as a suprise entrant in a match, considering most were all expecting him to be unveiled as the new IWF G.M. a nice touch to the card.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Hot Wings hold the Tag Belts right up to March or April as I still think they had lots of mileage left in that team before having them lose the belts just yet, but, if this leads to Max & Brett feuding due to the 'miscommunications' then I'm all for that.

Props to Leon on delivering that Death Valley Driver to Big Kris. Insane strength. I was hoping to see these two get built up more in the Tag ranks & leading to taking the Tag Straps eventually, but, oh well.

Hopefully Leon isn't in the Redemption stable too long as I would love to see him get a Singles push, very talented member of the IWF roster.

Assassin was just comedy gold as usual, even though whilst giving Ryder a Serious arse kicking, the man is comedy gold.

And props to TY on some of his mic work last night, rather witty, that Shameless line / comment was genius.

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to Pennywell, hopefully we see Max vs. Brett there (If they're going down the route of splitting Hot Wings) & Leon vs. Kris.

I'm glad the show went really well last night and got a good turn out, wouldn't have minded seeing the lewis v katsu match and no doubt the tag match would have been fun. Nice to lee kyle making an appearance and congrats to katsu but Is it just me or do these shows just seem to have gone a bit flat? Maybe just missing a bit of excitement these days after the departure of paulcy C and another few names missing these days.

IWF shows improved if anything, I thought last year up until September (i'd say since the Dudley show) the shows and attendances were low at the start of 2010 and took a massive jump, not sure what was the difference but the cards seemed new and not as repetitive, as for Pauly C I thought could of affected IWF shows but they improved surprisingly; I wouldn't say Pauly is a miss and after watching the wrestling show at Throckley in December it shows that he doesnt improve a card in the slightest as the show was awful and I only truely enjoyed Brett Eagle vs Katsu (speaking of Katsu he looks to be the new top good guy of IWF lately and congrats to him on the Tournament/Title win)

I was there last night and although I was sat near some knob head with a bandana who wouldnt shut up ruining the show all the way through saying "give him time to recover" "Oh he sells the ribs now" I was sat a few people down from him all I could think of was what a knob he was sat next to a family with children and the last thing they want is someone who thinks he is a veteran yet he was the punter it just spoilt it for the people around but he moved to the bar later on the night and I started enjoying the show again. Someone said it best saying it was mixed in the bag but I guess it was a packed card running to with less time for matches as I wouldn't mind seeing a main event rematch, it was a mix between Lowthian vs Katsu or The Tag Team match if I had to choose I think the Tag Team Match had more shocks such as Leon Kingdom giving a death valley to Big Kris, I think Leon can be big someday hopefully in years to come he will be one of the big UK names, also its sad to see Hot Wings lose the title but Max Heat did punch Brett Eagle so whether they are set to have a fall out i'm sure it will be entertaining stuff and finally the Powerbomb Big Kris gave to Brett was awesome.

Overall a great night out Pennywell may be a bit far but the Longbenton show in March is deffinately on my schedule as I love the Longbenton atmosphere and its simple to get to.

Did anyone else think that there was more adults than kids last night or was that just me?

I believe you are referring to Stallion of XWA fame who manages the Rockstar Spud hardly a mere "punter". :bored: He did take exception and rightfully so to Brand being introduced as the "Rockstar".

The show was average at best, Katsu, Assassin and Lothwian put in strong performances as always yet the rest of the card can easily be forgotten. Enjoyable matches were the Heavyweight bout with Ryder and Assassin, the Tag Match (which I likewise would of kept the belts with Hotwings as the Redbacks look too goofy to carry them) and Lewis The Dragon's match with Katsu. Good to see Katsu getting the title and a good push. My personal opinion of the show is that I wish more of the talent would hit a gym, especially people like Brand who looked more like pete doherty than a wrestler. But with a whole year ahead I'm sure it will be good :)

Im liking the comments people are having here as i believe most of them are spot on. i would really like to see a CRW Vs IWF show and i like alot of the matches people have come up with. When CRW invade IWF they are all heels but in CRW some of them arnt like from zander, hotshot and marvel who attached katsu only hotshot is a heel in CRW although zander has been a bit of a tweener as of late. So if the CRW Vs IWF was booked then who would be face or heel and whos ring and setup should they use. I would say CRW's as i think the ring is better and they tend to have bigger venues but i guess its up to opinions.

as matches go i think the lucha off would be great but they both use the same finisher so im thinking it could be a winner takes the 619 match.

also the christ vs fury would be good but very very samy and double heel.

Assassin vs Cohash would be good as assassin is a beast and a funny one at that but Cohash is quick and has some deadly kicks and highflying moves so it would be a good fight.

Lothian Vs Ryder would be similar to Assassin Ryder but that was a good match so having it again would be great

Archived