Dynamic Pro Wrestling - Castleford Civic Centre

Toga

TitleTourny.jpg

24/12/2010

Dynamic Pro Wrestling would firstly like to wish all our fans, new and old, a very very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We hope to see you throughout 2011 at one of our shows for a fantastic nights wrestling entertainment, featuring some of the very best wrestlers currently in the country!!

We kick off our 2011 with a debut at the Castleford Civic Centre on January 8th and we can today reveal which teams will be taking part in the Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals.

Our last show saw not just one but two tag team qualifying matches to determine the 4 teams that would be featuring within the Semi-Finals. At the end of the show the 4 teams in the hat were: Mad Man Manson & Martin Kirby, The Myatt Legacy (Keith and son Ryan), El Ligero & Bingo Ballance and finally Bam Bam Barton & SC Supreme.

Earlier today the names were all put into a bag and the two Semi-Finals were drawn starting with the names for January 8th.

Therefore we can proudly announce that on Saturday January 8th 2011 live from the Castleford Civic Centre the first Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final will see The Myatt Legacy go 2 on 2 against none other than The Mexican Sensation El Ligero and The Zenith of Zero Gravity Bingo Ballance.

This promises to be a fantastic match and the winners will advance to the finals of the tournament so a lot is at stake. With some very different styles in the match it will certainly be an interesting match that will prove a tough contest to everyone.

Tickets are available from www.dpwrestling.co.uk now or by calling 07745 768 920 to reserve your tickets.

What??!

Dynamic Pro Wrestling, in association with Wakefield Metropolitan Council, debut on January 8th 2011 at Castleford Civic Centre, West Yorkshire. The Partnership with Wakefield M.C. will see Dynamic Pro Wrestling shows in Pontefract Town Hall, Ossett Town Hall and Castleford Civic Center on various dates during 2011.

Door Time: 7pm

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Who??!

Dynamic Pro Wrestling can today announce the first names to appear on January 8th at Castleford Civic Centre. Dynamic Pro Wrestling bring some of the very best wrestlers from across the UK to perform live in front of audiances across West Yorkshire and will be doing so again on January 8th.

The first names set to appear are:

* Dynamic Pro Wrestling British Champion Cameron Kraze

* The Colossus Kennedy w. Richie West

* The Mexican Sensation El Ligero

Following his main event match in Ossett, Cameron Kraze was set to celebrate becoming Dynamic Pro Wrestling British Champion again when from the locker room appeared the massive colossus Kennedy accompanied by manager Richie West. Colossus delivered a vicious chokeslam to Kraze and Richie followed this up with a verbal attack on Kraze, warning him that on January 8th his Colossus Kennedy would be coming for the title. As such Cameron Kraze will now defend his newly won title at Castleford Civic Centre in the first match announced for the night!!

Tag Team Tournament??!

Following on from the start of our tournament on September 11th, where Mad Man Manson & Martin Kirby advanced to the Semi-Finals the tournament will move onto our second First Round Knockout match. Joining them from October 23rd are the Myatt Legacy making up 2 of the 4 teams that will advance into the semi-finals.

This tournament will see 8 teams battle it out to reach the semi finals with the two winners of those going to the final in March 2011 on the DPW third anniversary show to crown the first ever Dynamic Pro Wrestling Tag Team Champions.

The matches will take place on the following shows:

Semi-Finals:

* Semi-Final 1 - January 2011 - Castleford Civic Center

* Semi-Final 2 - February 2011 - Ossett Town Hall

* Final:

* March 2011 - TBC - 3 Years Old!

Card so far??!

Dynamic Pro Wrestling British Championship Match:

Cameron Kraze

• 3 weeks later...

24/12/2010

Dynamic Pro Wrestling would firstly like to wish all our fans, new and old, a very very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We hope to see you throughout 2011 at one of our shows for a fantastic nights wrestling entertainment, featuring some of the very best wrestlers currently in the country!!

We kick off our 2011 with a debut at the Castleford Civic Centre on January 8th and we can today reveal which teams will be taking part in the Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals.

Our last show saw not just one but two tag team qualifying matches to determine the 4 teams that would be featuring within the Semi-Finals. At the end of the show the 4 teams in the hat were: Mad Man Manson & Martin Kirby, The Myatt Legacy (Keith and son Ryan), El Ligero & Bingo Ballance and finally Bam Bam Barton & SC Supreme.

Earlier today the names were all put into a bag and the two Semi-Finals were drawn starting with the names for January 8th.

Therefore we can proudly announce that on Saturday January 8th 2011 live from the Castleford Civic Centre the first Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final will see The Myatt Legacy go 2 on 2 against none other than The Mexican Sensation El Ligero and The Zenith of Zero Gravity Bingo Ballance.

This promises to be a fantastic match and the winners will advance to the finals of the tournament so a lot is at stake. With some very different styles in the match it will certainly be an interesting match that will prove a tough contest to everyone.

Tickets are available from www.dpwrestling.co.uk now or by calling 07745 768 920 to reserve your tickets.

As I said on the Facebook page for this, I'm due to move back up to Leeds on that Saturday, so I'll see how things go but I'd really love to get to this show. I've been trying to make it to the last few but things always crop up. With uni not starting back up at that point and having already done the homework on trains and whatnot, there's not a lot to stop me getting to this show. :)

• 2 weeks later...

05/01/2011

DPW have already announced 2 huge matches for it's 2011 debut, both of which are guaranteed to have championship ramifications. Now, just 4 days away from our Castleford Civic Centre arrival, we are pleased to be able to announce the rest of the confirmed card, and it's one that's steeped in new year's resolution tradition!

2010 did not end well for one CJ Banks. On the final event of the year, 'The Juice' suffered a defeat at the hands of Cameron Kraze, and lost his prized DPW British Championship in the process. However, rather than pout and moan, Banks has instead spent the holiday season in intense training, and word has it that the championship loss has lit a fire under the bad-tempered wrestling machine. Banks has recently been in contact with the DPW Office, and has claimed that 2011 will see the entire roster put on notice that there is nobody in British wrestling who can come close to touching him inside the squared circle.

DPW have heard Banks loud and clear, and this Saturday have matched the former titlist up against exciting and plucky youngster Robbie X. Rather than feeling insulted that he's gone from being the British Champion to facing the youngest member of the roster (as you'd expect from someone of his nature), Banks has instead taken the announcement in his stride, and promises to show the DPW fans that he doesn't need championship gold to be considered the best in the business.

Another man who didn't end 2010 on a high was Martin Kirby. Actually, scratch that, the DPW Office can't actually recall a time when Martin Kirby DID end an event on a high. The only time that Kirby has had an recent success, as much as he'd hate to admit it, is back in September 2010 when himself and Mad Man Manson advanced to the Semi-Finals of the Tag Team Championship Tournament (scheduled to take place in Ossett in February). In individual action, Kirby hasn't actually scored a decisive pinfall or submission victory since DPW Statement Of Intent, all the way back in early 2008. However, as the old cliche goes, new year = new start. Kirby has vowed to turn his indivual luck around and prove that he doesn't need Manson by his side (something he never wanted in the first place) to attain victory. Wether he can do this by himself, and without his 'own personal official' Ricc Dombrowski remains to be seen.

Kirby will certainly have the chance this coming Saturday, as he goes one-on-one with popular fan favourite Joey Hayes. Hayes hasn't been seen in a DPW ring since August Anarchy 2010, but will no doubt return to a thunderous reaction, as he looks to re-establish himself on the DPW roster. Regardless of wether 2011 actually opens with a rare Kirby victory, DPW fans are guaranteed a terrific match.

The final match to be announced also sees somewhat of a resolution coming to pass. The last time DPW fans saw Sam Bailey, he was on the receiving end of a beating in a Handicap Match back in October, as The Myatt Legacy destroyed him on route to advancing to this Saturday's Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final. Of course, it wasn't originally scheduled to be a Handicap Match, but Bailey's usual tag team partner, Nathan Cruz decided to ditch Bailey to work elsewhere, with practically zero notice. Obviously not best pleased at this lack of professionalism, Bailey has requested that he be used as a singles competitor in DPW from now on, and his request has been granted.

Therefore, this Saturday will see 'Super' Sam Bailey in singles action against 'Welsh Beef' Dylan Roberts, in what we believe is a first time ever one-on-one encounter!

DPW Wrestle Castleford

The current card is as follows:

DPW British Championship Match

Cameron Kraze © vs. Colossus Kennedy w/Richie West

DPW Tag Team Championship Tournament Semi-Final Match

El Ligero and Bingo Ballance vs. The Myatt Legacy

'The Juice' CJ Banks vs. Robbie X

Martin Kirby vs. Joey Hayes

'Super' Sam Bailey vs. 'Welsh Beef' Dylan Roberts

Tickets will be available on the door for this blockbuster show.

05/01/2011

DPW have already announced 2 huge matches for it's 2011 debut, both of which are guaranteed to have championship ramifications. Now, just 4 days away from our Castleford Civic Centre arrival, we are pleased to be able to announce the rest of the confirmed card, and it's one that's steeped in new year's resolution tradition!

2010 did not end well for one CJ Banks. On the final event of the year, 'The Juice' suffered a defeat at the hands of Cameron Kraze, and lost his prized DPW British Championship in the process. However, rather than pout and moan, Banks has instead spent the holiday season in intense training, and word has it that the championship loss has lit a fire under the bad-tempered wrestling machine. Banks has recently been in contact with the DPW Office, and has claimed that 2011 will see the entire roster put on notice that there is nobody in British wrestling who can come close to touching him inside the squared circle.

DPW have heard Banks loud and clear, and this Saturday have matched the former titlist up against exciting and plucky youngster Robbie X. Rather than feeling insulted that he's gone from being the British Champion to facing the youngest member of the roster (as you'd expect from someone of his nature), Banks has instead taken the announcement in his stride, and promises to show the DPW fans that he doesn't need championship gold to be considered the best in the business.

Another man who didn't end 2010 on a high was Martin Kirby. Actually, scratch that, the DPW Office can't actually recall a time when Martin Kirby DID end an event on a high. The only time that Kirby has had an recent success, as much as he'd hate to admit it, is back in September 2010 when himself and Mad Man Manson advanced to the Semi-Finals of the Tag Team Championship Tournament (scheduled to take place in Ossett in February). In individual action, Kirby hasn't actually scored a decisive pinfall or submission victory since DPW Statement Of Intent, all the way back in early 2008. However, as the old cliche goes, new year = new start. Kirby has vowed to turn his indivual luck around and prove that he doesn't need Manson by his side (something he never wanted in the first place) to attain victory. Wether he can do this by himself, and without his 'own personal official' Ricc Dombrowski remains to be seen.

Kirby will certainly have the chance this coming Saturday, as he goes one-on-one with popular fan favourite Joey Hayes. Hayes hasn't been seen in a DPW ring since August Anarchy 2010, but will no doubt return to a thunderous reaction, as he looks to re-establish himself on the DPW roster. Regardless of wether 2011 actually opens with a rare Kirby victory, DPW fans are guaranteed a terrific match.

The final match to be announced also sees somewhat of a resolution coming to pass. The last time DPW fans saw Sam Bailey, he was on the receiving end of a beating in a Handicap Match back in October, as The Myatt Legacy destroyed him on route to advancing to this Saturday's Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final. Of course, it wasn't originally scheduled to be a Handicap Match, but Bailey's usual tag team partner, Nathan Cruz decided to ditch Bailey to work elsewhere, with practically zero notice. Obviously not best pleased at this lack of professionalism, Bailey has requested that he be used as a singles competitor in DPW from now on, and his request has been granted.

Therefore, this Saturday will see 'Super' Sam Bailey in singles action against 'Welsh Beef' Dylan Roberts, in what we believe is a first time ever one-on-one encounter!

DPW Wrestle Castleford

The current card is as follows:

DPW British Championship Match

Cameron Kraze

first proper road trip in a long time for this one on Saturday, gonna try to get about a bit this year visiting a lot of northern and Scottish feds at least once if I can help it and this will be the start of many, looking forward to it

SHOW IS TOMORROW!!

Despite the flurry of snow (which made last minute fliering fun...) its being washed away by the rain as I type!!

This should be a great nights wrestling in what is a fantastic venue. We cant wait to debut here and are really looking forward to making it a regular thing!!

Tickets are available on the door!!!

Despite the low turnout at the last DPW show I attended, I really enjoyed it! The matches were brilliant and it was good to see the draw hadn't affected the workers mood to put on a good show. The tag team tournament looks very promising, rather devastated I wont be able to make it :( Good luck with the show Toga!

Results for those interested

Bingo Ballance & El Ligero beat Zack Diamond and Prince Mohmed Ameen

The Juice CJ Banks beat Robbie X

Joey Hayes beat Martin Kirby

Sam Bailey beat Dylan Roberts

Colossus Kennedy beat Cameron Kraze via DQ. Pull apart Brawl, Kraze remains champion, rematch will happen in Osset (didnt catch the date)

also announced a "free" show in April in Pontefract, its free unless you want to sit front row, which is

Rematch in Osset is February 12th.

I really enjoyed the show and posted stuff throughout the show on my Twitter (@thomaskayll) ;) should anyone be interested. Interesting stuff with the Myatts not being at the show and a good angle with them being "paid off", but we got Diamond and Ameen instead, my first time seeing either guy and they both impressed me.

Bit of a pity there weren't more people, ended up on the train with some people from the show, including Bingo Ballance (who I shamefully couldn't identify initially and looked at him as though I was a serial killer trying to figure out who he was) and we reckoned there may have been about 75 people or so. Those who were there really seemed to enjoy it and saw a great night of wrestling though. Ballance is a cool guy, quite tired from a long day but happy to talk with me and another on the train journey.

I'll try and get to the Osset show, even though that seems to be the trickiest place to get to since it apparently doesn't have a train station. If I don't, I'll be at Pontefract I imagine.

I really enjoyed my first taste of DPW. I thought Juice v Robbie X in particular was the best match of the show, great pace, high impact moves, everything you want from your two wrestlers performing their roles perfectly opposite each other and a beautifully crafted match with Juice bullying and, at times, underestimating his young opponent

I hope to be back down for the next show, thanks for the entartainment to all concerned at DPW, you look like a very well put together set up in every way

Archived