Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

How do I 'appear to not know the win condition' it's EXACTLY the same as every other win condition we've been given. A monkey could guess what it was so it's a completely invalid point. There's nothing spectacular about it, and I think it's really narrow-focussed of some people to be voting for me right now when it's pretty clear other people have been behaving in a scummy way. I ask again to anyone voting for me, WHY am I a better lynch than Nexus? Or SMS? Or Dan Williams? My guess is we've figured out who some of the scum are, they have no choice but to push a lynch on someone (that being me) and one or two others are just 'being led' because I genuinely can't see how someone could legitimately justify my lynch over some of the other people here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

SMS - I held off on voting for you because I wanted to give you a chance to acquit yourself before we finally have to lynch, and that's the best you come up with? Point the finger at other people and ONE LINE to re-iterate your position? I'm not satisfied, and quite frankly, your tunnelling on Ron, whose behaviour has been aggressive and a bit erratic, rather than scummy, is making you look very bad indeed now. If you won't help us to help yourself, there's only one option open to me at present. You're still at the top of my suspect list, and you haven't talked yourself down, so:

Vote: SMS

• Paid Members

Goddammit. I've only just got back to my computer and realised I'd forgotten to refresh the page. As a result, I've just realised I've missed out on several pages of discussion. I'm going to go back and read it, but for the moment, my vote on SMS stands.

• Paid Members
It also defeats the point of the game, doesn't it?

Mike - does this line of questioning happen on the Mafia Scum website?

Never from what I've seen, because it isn't really in the spirit of the game.

And TripleA, by you, yourself, posting a line that states exactly what was in the PM means you broke the rules, people were trying to get you to cut off that line of questioning, but you put yourself in that position.

On the plus side, your earlier actions show you to be town, and I think even that shows that you're naive town at least, so anyone who throws a vote on you at this stage should be lynched tomorrow (or if we have a vig, taken out tonight).

• Paid Members

The thing is now though, we've seen aggressive play from Dan and Ron, and SMS has been backed into a corner for ages. If any of them get to L-1 then it's blindingly obvious they'll hammer me home to save themselves.

But why did you say that Triple A gave away the win condition when he did nothing of the sort?

Why havn't you answered my question from the last page?

If I wanted to strike when the iron was hot, I would have done just that and killed you. I thought is was a good time to pressure you and see who if anyone came to your aid.

And TripleA, by you, yourself, posting a line that states exactly what was in the PM means you broke the rules, people were trying to get you to cut off that line of questioning, but you put yourself in that position.

On the plus side, your earlier actions show you to be town, and I think even that shows that you're naive town at least, so anyone who throws a vote on you at this stage should be lynched tomorrow (or if we have a vig, taken out tonight).

This is very dodgy to me. I mean, If someone hammered home, and tomorrow morning Triple A flipped Town, then okay, interrogate who voted for him. But what if he is mafia. You notion that a vig should nightkill whoever does this is complete bullshit. At least wait until we know Triple A's afflilialtion. It seems like your trying to scare people off from killing him. Which of his earlier actions show him to be town?

• Paid Members
But why did you say that Triple A gave away the win condition when he did nothing of the sort?

Why havn't you answered my question from the last page?

If I wanted to strike when the iron was hot, I would have done just that and killed you. I thought is was a good time to pressure you and see who if anyone came to your aid.

But you wouldn't have would you? Because as Mike as said, anyone that hammers a lynch on me now will probably take the lynch tonight or tomorrow.

Also, could you tell me why you think i'm scum?. All the reasons.

• Paid Members

This is very dodgy to me. I mean, If someone hammered home, and tomorrow morning Triple A flipped Town, then okay, interrogate who voted for him. But what if he is mafia. You notion that a vig should nightkill whoever does this is complete bullshit. At least wait until we know Triple A's afflilialtion. It seems like your trying to scare people off from killing him. Which of his earlier actions show him to be town?

You'd find I was town the second I died, because the Mod would tell everyone before it went to night.

• Paid Members
The thing is now though, we've seen aggressive play from Dan and Ron, and SMS has been backed into a corner for ages. If any of them get to L-1 then it's blindingly obvious they'll hammer me home to save themselves.

Depends, if they believe you to be town, then they wont, because while a known town lynch isn't as good as an unknown town lynch. (and if you're town, letting yourself be lynched is allowing known town to be lynched), if most people suspect someone else (let's say for arguments sake Dan), and he just throws his vote on you to save himself, everyone will want to lynch him tomorrow anyway, thus wasting a day for town. The best play for them if town, if they're at L-1, is to accept being lynched to save wasting the town's time the next day.

Also, while I don't agree with Snake putting you at L-1. The other option was to basically modkill you for it, so you still got off light even with being placed at L-1. As I don't have stuff in my rules that leads to putting people at L-1 etc. and instead is only "modkilled or replaced", with the quoting of the role PM stuff I'd have had no choice but to modkill the slot.

I'd say take this as a lesson in future, if the rules say "don't quote the role PM"... don't quote any part of said role PM except for the role, and character name (which you're allowed to quote).

(Though again, this is why I suggest all mods in future post an example Vanilla Role PM at the start of each game below the rules, so things like this never happen anyway, it's actually a requirement on Mafia Scum itself, even if your game doesn't have any Vanillas, purely because it gives the win condition and prevents town winning just by everyone going "what is the 9th letter in the win condition?" etc. (And I wont even entertain us winning through that means in this game, as it's against the spirit of the game)).

And Randy, my point is the lynch on TripleA would be because ONE person decided to lynch him, not the majority (another reason I don't like putting people at L-1 or whatever, because it changes the game), and it would mean someone is attempting to take full control of the lynch with their own vote. That is not something that is done for pro-town reasons.

Even if he flipped scum, it's not a pro-town reason for voting him, and is more likely than not would be fellow scum voting him to gain bonus points from town. Lynching TripleA with a single vote is an anti-town thing, hence why if there's a vig, they should take out anyone who attempts it, because it would be something they did for their own agenda, not for the town's.

And Randy, my point is the lynch on TripleA would be because ONE person decided to lynch him, not the majority (another reason I don't like putting people at L-1 or whatever, because it changes the game), and it would mean someone is attempting to take full control of the lynch with their own vote. That is not something that is done for pro-town reasons.

Even if he flipped scum, it's not a pro-town reason for voting him, and is more likely than not would be fellow scum voting him to gain bonus points from town. Lynching TripleA with a single vote is an anti-town thing, hence why if there's a vig, they should take out anyone who attempts it, because it would be something they did for their own agenda, not for the town's.

Actually this is sound reasoning. I guess the most you can learn from a lynch is who pushed for it.

Any chance of Ron answering my question?

Archived