SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been thinking who'd be on my wish list if CZW continued to work with Southside. I think top of my wish list if it happened again would be Biff Busick & Andrew Everett. If that happens Southside definitely have my money again. Everett v Ligero or Haskins & Busick vs Stixx or T-Bone would be great matches.

• Paid Members
Been thinking who'd be on my wish list if CZW continued to work with Southside. I think top of my wish list if it happened again would be Biff Busick & Andrew Everett. If that happens Southside definitely have my money again. Everett v Ligero or Haskins & Busick vs Stixx or T-Bone would be great matches.

Myself and DJ will be discussing this week but both names have already been spoken about esp Everett.

• Paid Members
Great news this would love one of these to be an over 18s show so more could be done in some matches!!!........as for names I've spoken to ben in the past and he knew the 2 I wanted....AR Fox & Matt Tremontt.......hope we get the dates released soon so holidays can be booked :)

Oct 11th - 13th I think from memory

Thought it was another great show Saturday night. Southside are proving to be consistent at having pretty much top to bottom great shows. I think balance is a key factor, every show lately at the Rushcliffe has been above what I'd consider a "normal" good show with match quality, imports etc, but still leaves enough in the tank so they're not over-exposing things or setting unrealistic heights to improve things.

Both 3-ways were superb, one really exciting and one pretty brutal at times. All the CZW guys impressed me, all had something about them. Haskins vs Younger was probably my favourite one on one match of the night, was great stuff. I think i'd built Zack vs Ricochet up too much in my head :laugh: as it did slightly disappoint on the night, but there's no doubt it was a great match. Liked the contrast of Ricochet's outgoing style and Zack's aggressive technical style.

Looking forward to the Supershow, now I've finally got the Monday off afterwards. You have no idea the hassle it was!

Great news this would love one of these to be an over 18s show so more could be done in some matches!!!........as for names I've spoken to ben in the past and he knew the 2 I wanted....AR Fox & Matt Tremontt.......hope we get the dates released soon so holidays can be booked :)

Crap. Had to apply for my holidays for next year a couple of weeks ago and I went for the last week in October. Looks like it'll be another potential death drive after being up 21 hours straight again then. Really don't know how I was expected to know what I want up to March 2015 now.

• Paid Members

Crap. Had to apply for my holidays for next year a couple of weeks ago and I went for the last week in October. Looks like it'll be another potential death drive after being up 21 hours straight again then. Really don't know how I was expected to know what I want up to March 2015 now.

Your work sound harsh :(

Another really good show from Southside, I also really enjoyed the 2 triple threats. The ultra violent one was fantastic fun and Ligs/Fox/End one was incredible. It was exactly what you want from a multi man match, fluid, non stop action, with a furious pace and plenty of innovative spots involving all 3 men. Ends addition to the match was proven to be completely justified, as the 3 guys had phenomenal chemistry. Tommy has been so impressive since his debut, Fox is probably the most death defying, exciting high flyer in the world and is a spectacle to witness live and Ligero yet again shows he is right up there with the best and never lets you down for match quality. Genuine MOTY stuff and got a well deserved standing ovation.

With FCP unable to run their part of the CZW weekend and IPW quite failing to make the best use of the CZW guys, I'm hoping Southside take on the whole thing next year and give us 3 days of CZW goodness. DJ vs Jimmy Havoc is already set up (that will be amazing) and I'm loving the suggestion of bringing Chivalry Kid / Andy Everett. DJ also told us he was keen on bringing Buff Busick which would be decent and Rich Swann if his schedule will allow, which would be my top choice.

So if it was the same as this year and we got DJ plus 5 other imports from existing roster I'd pick a mix of returning top stars and debuts:

1. Swann

2. Fox

3. Cole

4. Everett

5. BLK Jeez

With Biff, Lucky, Dickinson, Tremont, Strickland all good potential debut.

Very good show on Saturday. I'd say this was the best show of the weekend. Absolutely loved Ligero/Fox/End and it was a close second for MOTW. That match should be a fantastic selling point for the DVD as it was one of the best three ways I've ever seen live. Zack/Ricochet was fantastic and a well deserved main event. I could genuinely watch them wrestle all day on every single show (and for two days running I did). Ricochet really did get to show a more technical side to his wrestling then you would expect. Younger/Haskins was good and Drake really has won me over with his body of work over the past year and a bit, maybe even going as far back as 2010 when he was showing he could wrestle rather than do the death match stuff. I'm not a fan of hardcore matches but the three way was really enjoyable in how crazy it was. We really are in the home stretch to the Anniversary show and I can't wait for Kirby vs Ligero.

Archived