Stenhousemuir or Threave Rovers v Stranraer

Hamilton Academical v Alloa Athletic

St Mirren v Peterhead

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Elgin City

Dundee v Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Ties will be played on 8th and 9th January 2011

East Fife at home.....surely no problems there........ :cry:

October 31st: Dougie McDonald admits that he lied about the process in which a decision to overturn a penalty awarded to Celtic was reached.

November 20th: Referees vote to go on strike because they are sick of their integrity being questioned.

You couldn't make it up.

I can't wait for the suits at UEFA to question exactly what's going on in Scottish football, because that's exactly what this parody will bring, and Celtic know it. The SFA cover-ups on McDonald and Dallas stink to high heaven, and it's going to come back to bite them.

Especially if the games do go ahead this weekend, as is looking likely with the offer from the Welsh FA and the League of Ireland to provide referees to cover Scottish fixtures.

What is genuine opinion on the referee strike from your scottish folk?

Having seen all 3 games involving Celtic that involved incident I can honestly say that Neil Lennon is a cunt and is out of his depth as a Manager. He reacted like a youth team footballer on all 3 occasions and made a prick of himself and his club. The first incident, the penalty reversal, I can understand his annoyance initially. However, the referee got it right in the end, it wasnt a penalty. The Rangers pen was a tough one, I still think it was a penalty. For a referee to receive death threats after this is insane, even for the Old Firm. And Ledleys red card was a rash and danerous tackle and again Lennon and his staff reacted like kids.

I think the worst part though was the Celtic chairman coming out and calling for referees to resign. Fuck off, wheres your integrity and respect? If we were to call people out when they have made mistakes then the Chairman of Celtic should resign for the inept way his club and scottish football is run. I personally feel its disgusting the way referees are treated in England but they way they just are dis-respected by every level from fans to board room is disgusting.

I think whenever someone is receiving death threats over a football amtch then things should be stopped. Hopefully a strike will give people a bit of perspective.

What is genuine opinion on the referee strike from your scottish folk?

Having seen all 3 games involving Celtic that involved incident I can honestly say that Neil Lennon is a cunt and is out of his depth as a Manager. He reacted like a youth team footballer on all 3 occasions and made a prick of himself and his club. The first incident, the penalty reversal, I can understand his annoyance initially. However, the referee got it right in the end, it wasnt a penalty. The Rangers pen was a tough one, I still think it was a penalty. For a referee to receive death threats after this is insane, even for the Old Firm. And Ledleys red card was a rash and danerous tackle and again Lennon and his staff reacted like kids.

I think the worst part though was the Celtic chairman coming out and calling for referees to resign. Fuck off, wheres your integrity and respect? If we were to call people out when they have made mistakes then the Chairman of Celtic should resign for the inept way his club and scottish football is run. I personally feel its disgusting the way referees are treated in England but they way they just are dis-respected by every level from fans to board room is disgusting,

Goodbye. Come back when you've got a fucking clue.

The question isnt whether its a dive though is it. The question is whether the referee should have given a penalty, I think from what he saw he should have.

It just gets better with you.

Willie Collum saw nothing of the incident. His back was turned and he did not see any of the incident concerning Majstorovic and Broadfoot. He pointed to the spot without hesitation as seconds before, the ball had come off him in our box and he felt like a mug.

The standard of refereeing in this country is unacceptable. It will continue to be unacceptable if nobody takes a stand. It's a myth that Celtic fans are all cheated, never beaten" or whatever the stupid addage is. I can accept when we are well beat - we deserved to lose at Tynecastle. We were second best at Parkhead against Rangers. Dundee Utd deserved a point on Saturday (even though we had enough chances to win two games in the first half, there was only one team in it in the second).

I can admit this. What I can't abide by is referees getting away with murder, time and time again. I don't like John Reid, I think he's a horrible man - the day he leaves Celtic Park will be a good day as far as I'm concerned so anything he has said in the past hasn't interested me at all considering he is a politician - until now. He is WELL within his rights to demand that Dougie McDonald (a singular referee, not a collective, Van Dammer) should be sacked.

In what other profession would your position still be tenable after being outed as telling bare-faced lies to your superiors, to the manager of one of the clubs in question and in your match report? The thing about Scottish referees is the cloak and dagger type shenanigans after games when they don't need to explain any decision. Into the bargain, when they make a cunt of something, it's them and their pals who decide the punishment. It's like something out the dark ages.

The question isnt whether its a dive though is it. The question is whether the referee should have given a penalty, I think from what he saw he should have.

He didn't see anything. His back was to the incident.

The question of the "penalty" at Tannadice isn't whether the decision was right or wrong. It is that Dougie McDonald concocted a lie which he fed to Neil Lennon and to his superiors in the match report.

The sending off of Joe Ledley was correct, but it wasn't the only issue that night. Celtic were denied a penalty when a Hearts defender (can't remember which one) blatantly came in behind Gary Hooper and pushed the ball away with his hand. That was the real subject of Neil Lennon's anger, hence his decision not to appeal Ledley's suspension.

It just gets better with you.

Willie Collum saw nothing of the incident. His back was turned and he did not see any of the incident concerning Majstorovic and Broadfoot. He pointed to the spot without hesitation as seconds before, the ball had come off him in our box and he felt like a mug.

The standard of refereeing in this country is unacceptable. It will continue to be unacceptable if nobody takes a stand. It's a myth that Celtic fans are all cheated, never beaten" or whatever the stupid addage is. I can accept when we are well beat - we deserved to lose at Tynecastle. We were second best at Parkhead against Rangers. Dundee Utd deserved a point on Saturday (even though we had enough chances to win two games in the first half, there was only one team in it in the second).

I can admit this. What I can't abide by is referees getting away with murder, time and time again. I don't like John Reid, I think he's a horrible man - the day he leaves Celtic Park will be a good day as far as I'm concerned so anything he has said in the past hasn't interested me at all considering he is a politician - until now. He is WELL within his rights to demand that Dougie McDonald (a singular referee, not a collective, Van Dammer) should be sacked.

In what other profession would your position still be tenable after being outed as telling bare-faced lies to your superiors, to the manager of one of the clubs in question and in your match report? The thing about Scottish referees is the cloak and dagger type shenanigans after games when they don't need to explain any decision. Into the bargain, when they make a cunt of something, it's them and their pals who decide the punishment. It's like something out the dark ages.

First point, I totally agree. The referees are taking a stand to make people aware that the conditions they are expected to do a perfect job are not perfect.

Secondly, its not murder.

I think what you need to realise is that working in refereeing and football in general is different to a normal job. There are tangibles and variables that are completely uncontrollable, you cannot make the right decision in football as there is no black or white, right or wrong. The rules of the game are so vague that they are open to opinion. By the same standards, a player that dives and then lies and claims he was fouled should be sacked. Or a manager whos player elbows someone in the face and then says he didnt see it should be sacked. I cannot blame a referee who clearly made a pigs ear of things and tried to redeem things might lie after the event to make the situation seem clearer. Until referees can do their job without being surrounded, shouted at, pressurised, hurried and under intense media scrutiny then they will make big mistakes. Just like managers and players do.

Also, the referee did see the penalty incident, he saw a player going past another and going down, admittedly he wasnt standing staring at it but thats what he saw and for that, he has to give a penalty.

The question of the "penalty" at Tannadice isn't whether the decision was right or wrong. It is that Dougie McDonald concocted a lie which he fed to Neil Lennon and to his superiors in the match report.

The sending off of Joe Ledley was correct, but it wasn't the only issue that night. Celtic were denied a penalty when a Hearts defender (can't remember which one) blatantly came in behind Gary Hooper and pushed the ball away with his hand. That was the real subject of Neil Lennon's anger, hence his decision not to appeal Ledley's suspension.

What about when he squared go'ed the 4th official after he told Thomson to send him to the stands? Spraying venom and eyes bulging out his head.

This whole incident just makes me realize how happy I am to not be a Celtic fan.

"THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET US AND HELP OUT THE BIG BAD IBROX BOYS"

What about when he squared go'ed the 4th official after he told Thomson to send him to the stands? Spraying venom and eyes bulging out his head.

This whole incident just makes me realize how happy I am to not be a Celtic fan.

:laugh: You really are a fuckin rid neck at times, Ally.

:laugh: You really are a fuckin rid neck at times, Ally.

Commentators words "Walter Smith, I've never seen him so irate"

In all seriousness, have you? He got angry because of the way fat Mixu reacted to the challenge and ran at the referee screaming "RED CARD". A week after Walter refused to comment after he done the same thing in a league game against us.

I can count 2 times where I've seen Lennon overcome with rage and square go'ing an official this season and it's his first season in management. I can count the same amount of times Walter Smith has done this in a near 20 year career.

Commentators words "Walter Smith, I've never seen him so irate"

In all seriousness, have you? He got angry because of the way fat Mixu reacted to the challenge and ran at the referee screaming "RED CARD". A week after Walter refused to comment after he done the same thing in a league game against us.

I can count 2 times where I've seen Lennon overcome with rage and square go'ing an official this season and it's his first season in management. I can count the same amount of times Walter Smith has done this in a near 20 year career.

:laugh: Man, the lengths you and seemingly half of Scotland will go to to brownnose this old bitter, pish-stained wank is really quite staggering. I had better get in line before I get "The Stare" :laugh:.

You aren't really making any fresh points. Neil Lennon was a nutter as a player, so it stands to reason that he will be a nutter as a manager. And behave yourself, Lennon isn't "square go'ing" any officials or whatnot.

I just think it's funny how Lennon is the AGGRESSIVE, INTIMIDATING YOB on the touchline whereas the Man With No Surname is deified and treated as some sort of laird of the game when he has demonstrated many times in the past that he has serious temper issues when things aren't going his way.

Archived