Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

IMO the Scottish Parliament should force Rangers and Celtic to merge and become Glasgow FC. They can play at Hampden Park. Play in a kit containing neither Green or Blue. If necessary do the same with Hearts and Hibs as well, Edinburgh FC, play at Murrayfield.

Are you being serious?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
IMO the Scottish Parliament should force Rangers and Celtic to merge and become Glasgow FC. They can play at Hampden Park. Play in a kit containing neither Green or Blue. If necessary do the same with Hearts and Hibs as well, Edinburgh FC, play at Murrayfield.

Nobody rising to your mong posts in the other threads are they? So you've decided to start it in here too. Great.

Are Hearts considered a Rangers lite type of club by the way?

Some sections refer to them as "Diet Huns" so yes.

• Paid Members
Absolutely shocking behaviour. I think for Neil Lennon's safety he needs to resign at the end of the season or even Celtic doing the right thing, stepping in and giving him a job upstairs (something where he isn't in the lime light).

The worst thing about this is you'll have the ridiculous back and forth blame game between the Old Firm (like Bring Back Minipops post) and nothing will get sorted.

Yeah I think sadly this would be the best case and Lennon will have to resign.

I've already read some people saying Lennon brings it on himself and actually he probably does go a little bit too far in the things he says and does but there is no way he deserves the treatment he gets. It's disgraceful.

Bombs in the post and having people trying to attack you on the pitch, it's incredible.

This is why he needs to be out of the spotlight here. Neil Lennon has a habit of feeding the trolls when he should really just avoid it (like accusing Hearts of not trying against Rangers before this game). Although granted, most sane people just boo the poor guy for being a bit of a nob, not send him death threats and try attacking him.

It's just a shame that a few idiots ruin the image of Scottish football. As proven with the Tartan Armys reputation, we're not all bad.

Anyway, nobody who does something as (in the grand scheme of things) pointless as football management deserves this kind of abuse.

• Paid Members
Absolutely shocking behaviour. I think for Neil Lennon's safety he needs to resign at the end of the season or even Celtic doing the right thing, stepping in and giving him a job upstairs (something where he isn't in the lime light).

The worst thing about this is you'll have the ridiculous back and forth blame game between the Old Firm (like Bring Back Minipops post) and nothing will get sorted.

Yeah I think sadly this would be the best case and Lennon will have to resign.

I've already read some people saying Lennon brings it on himself and actually he probably does go a little bit too far in the things he says and does but there is no way he deserves the treatment he gets. It's disgraceful.

Bombs in the post and having people trying to attack you on the pitch, it's incredible.

Thing is, he is outspoken. He's called supporters of my club all the names under the sun. All of the Aberdeen support despise and detest him, but we have never ever tried to attack him on the field of play.

Why on earth does a Hearts fan feel the need to jump the barrier to physically attack him?

• Paid Members
Thing is, he is outspoken. He's called supporters of my club all the names under the sun. All of the Aberdeen support despise and detest him, but we have never ever tried to attack him on the field of play.

Why on earth does a Hearts fan feel the need to jump the barrier to physically attack him?

Because he is fucking stupid?

Its simply because he's a catholic from Northern Ireland.

It's simply Sectarianism. Ridiculous.

I think it's because he's a prick actually. I mean I don't agree with running on and attacking him, but if I was gonna do it then it would be because he's nothing but a ned not a catholic from Northern Ireland.

To be fair to Neil Lennon, he did actually want to play for Northern Ireland back in the day. He showed commitment to playing for the country, when through FIFA rules and probably via the Republic constituation - he coulda fecked off to play for the Republic. It took a death threat for him to give up. Pretty sad state of affairs to be honest. I don't really have much time for the fella' but he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

• Paid Members

I think it's because he's a prick actually. I mean I don't agree with running on and attacking him, but if I was gonna do it then it would be because he's nothing but a ned not a catholic from Northern Ireland.

I think generally people hate Lennon because he's a nob. But the nutters that feel the need to threaten his life are the ones that have a problem with him being a Catholic from Northern Ireland.

Granted that's speculation (well apart from the general masses thinking he's a nob - there is sizeable evidence).

• Paid Members

Must have missed Martin O'Neil being sent nail bombs and being attacked on the side of the pitch? don't talk fucking stupid. Lennon is outspoken and says what is on his mind, sometimes his timing and what he says is not always the smartest thing to say, but its still no excuse to what has happened to him this year, some thick "fans" (I use the term lightly) can't take it when a manager like him says what he feels all the time, saying that the pic's with people who are pretending to hold guns do him no favors.

I think generally people hate Lennon because he's a nob. But the nutters that feel the need to threaten his life are the ones that have a problem with him being a Catholic from Northern Ireland.

Granted that's speculation (well apart from the general masses thinking he's a nob - there is sizeable evidence).

But just looking at that guy man, do you even think he knows where Northern Ireland is? He's probably just spent the last of his giro on 2 bottle of Tonic and a can of Super T and decicded to make a name for himself because, "there's that cunt that every cunt hates".

• Paid Members

But just looking at that guy man, do you even think he knows where Northern Ireland is? He's probably just spent the last of his giro on 2 bottle of Tonic and a can of Super T and decicded to make a name for himself because, "there's that cunt that every cunt hates".

That's why I said it's speculation. It's such an extreme reaction for me to just think it's somebody not liking his personality - although the guy may just be a mong of epic proportions..

• Paid Members

Looks like the attack on Lennon wasn't the only thing that happened at Tynecastle tonight...

The Guardian reporting on the aftermath:

A section of the Celtic following subsequently became embroiled in fighting with the police and stewards.

As he was huckled up the tunnel by police, trouble also broke out when the police moved into the Celtic end; the most vocal pro-IRA chanting of the night surrounded what bother occurred there

And the Daily Mail too:

An astonishing melee ensued and the intruder was eventually marched up the tunnel by police but that was not the end of the trouble as some fans in the Celtic section of the ground appeared to fight with stewards and police.

Archived