Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
But surely the punishment has to be of equal proportions? You can't exaclty give Boyle a touchline ban can you?

They gave McCoist a touchline ban even though he's just the assistant manager, didn't they?

The fact is, unless the SFA act on this they'll be hammered even more by Celtic, as Lennon was banned without laying hands on anyone, wasn't he?

But John Boyle is not part of the squad nor the coaching staff, so he really shouldn't be in the dugout area though should he? Well according to Fifa he shouldn't as he isn't of the criteria above.

Who cares - we have a semi-final to enjoy this weekend. As does David.

David, I actually hope you lot win on Saturday. St Johnstone are perhaps the most boring SPL team I've ever seen in a long time - at least Hamilton try to attack.

No we really don't. If we make it to the final I may do a Werner Herzog!

Eat your hat instead! :thumbsup:

Nah... I don't think I'd be able to consume it without choking.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watching Motherwell vs. St. Johnstone?

It's been good to watch. It was still a decent two sided game when it was 2-0 to Motherwell but then they made it three and it became more of a case of damage control for St. Johnstone. Motherwell were a joy to watch at times and could have made it four or five, and given how good a couple of them goals would have been, I almost wish they had managed it. At 3-0 though, I don't think it's well and truly over yet. If St. Johnstone can get an early goal, maybe before the 15 minute mark of the half, then they have plenty of time to bring it back.

The keeper for St. Johnstone has been terrible actually. Completely out of position for the third ( although still a good strike from Sutton for it ) and for the first he was in no man's land, and he looked out of sorts against Rangers at times as well.

It's been good to watch. It was still a decent two sided game when it was 2-0 to Motherwell but then they made it three and it became more of a case of damage control for St. Johnstone. Motherwell were a joy to watch at times and could have made it four or five, and given how good a couple of them goals would have been, I almost wish they had managed it. At 3-0 though, I don't think it's well and truly over yet. If St. Johnstone can get an early goal, maybe before the 15 minute mark of the half, then they have plenty of time to bring it back.

The keeper for St. Johnstone has been terrible actually. Completely out of position for the third ( although still a good strike from Sutton for it ) and for the first he was in no man's land, and he looked out of sorts against Rangers at times as well.

Good game to watch indeed. Was saying to a mate that if Wells wingers get the chances theyll win easy and it seems to have came true. Little brother backed it however at 4-0, so he's waiting on that for

The SFL had a go at us for the live feeds so I'm not sure if we do them anymore.

The main stand is atrocious for leg room, I agree with that. I remembered hearing about the lack of pies over that end, which always surprised me. Any team that doesn't serve pies should be fined! Docked! Or have their "pie" stall shut down. :p

I'll be heading along though. Morton games have been good fun these days and I look forward to them every time now. Even 0-0 draws tend to be good fun.

Morton 1-3 Dundee

I think 3-1 might have flattered Dundee a wee bit, but all in all, we didn't deserve anything from the game. We played well in the second half, but only because Dundee rested on their laurels a bit, and we should have taken the chances that we got. Instead we just floundered in front of goal like we always do. Probably should have had a penalty in the first half when O'Brien was brought down in the box.

Harkins was immense for Dundee, and scored a lovely chip in the first half to make it 2-0 and deserved a second when he unleashed a ferocious volley from about 30 yards which just missed. Rab Douglas made some cracking saves in the second half as well.

Decent game of football with the right team winning in the end.

It's been good to watch. It was still a decent two sided game when it was 2-0 to Motherwell but then they made it three and it became more of a case of damage control for St. Johnstone.

Are you being serious? Once Craigan hit the net after four minutes I had no real fear that St Johnstone were going to come back. If we had continued at the same pace in the second half we could have had five or six.

At 3-0 though, I don't think it's well and truly over yet. If St. Johnstone can get an early goal, maybe before the 15 minute mark of the half, then they have plenty of time to bring it back.

That was never going to happen.

Let's hope we see Aberdeen get through tomorrow against Celtic. A non-old firm final would be nice.

• Paid Members
Aberdeen are an embarrassment. Do they actually ever do anything in a season of note other than concede 500 goals to Celtic?

What else do you expect in a CUP SEMI FINAL where referees are scared to give 50/50s the other way and not Celtic's?

Can't wait til we get rid of Diamond. Think he was the reason we went to 10 as Considine looked as if he was scrambling to make up for Diamond's shitness.

I really do hope we can get a couple of competent centre halves. I don't think we'd be half as bad if we sign those and sign up Milsom.

Aberdeen are an embarrassment. Do they actually ever do anything in a season of note other than concede 500 goals to Celtic?

What else do you expect in a CUP SEMI FINAL where referees are scared to give 50/50s the other way and not Celtic's?

Did you think the penalty decisions were 50/50's...?

Archived