Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

So how come the Rangers end was still full at the end of the game? I'm glad to hear something was being done, but when The Billy Boys started before the game it should have been a simple case of the singing stops or the game does, and Celtic win by default. It's the only thing that's going to stop these arseholes. I'm serious. That, and at league games it should be one point dropped for every time the song is sung. Either the problem would end or Rangers would be relegated. Either suits me.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how come the Rangers end was still full at the end of the game? I'm glad to hear something was being done, but when The Billy Boys started before the game it should have been a simple case of the singing stops or the game does, and Celtic win by default. It's the only thing that's going to stop these arseholes. I'm serious. That, and at league games it should be one point dropped for every time the song is sung. Either the problem would end or Rangers would be relegated. Either suits me.

That's a great solution, but that tars everyone with the same brush. Not every member of the rangers support were singing, and to give default wins on the basis of fans singing is lunacy. Granted, it'd send a message, but, at the same time we'd need to deal with the IRA references coming from Celtic, and, for that matter, every other offensive song in the football world.

The instigators were getting dealt with, at both ends. Because, as I said, some behavior on both parts was far from good.

Either way though, the atmosphere yesterday was excellent, and, for the most part a good advert for the scottish game.

You really are the definition of a fucking mope. Dry your eyes.

I'm sick to death of it. I'm sick of people saying that both sides are as bad as each other. I'm sick of Rangers saying they're doing everything they can to stamp it out. It's bullshit.

Most of the Rangers end was singing The Billy Boys at least five times during the afternoon. That's not on. The very worst I heard was from a handful of Celtic fans singing "he's like me and you, he's a Provo too" about Lennon. I hope they got what they deserved too, but it was a minority. I was in amongst it, and it took me a while to even work out what they were singing. There's no mistaking your lot.

Now, under normal circumstances I would be disgusted and I'd be frustrated by the hypocrisy of the pundits and the SFA saying they're trying to solve the problem but never taking any real action. After all the fucking hoo-hah about the last game, I thought we might start seeing some real action taken to show the majority (and don't dare pretend it's not) of Rangers fans up as the bigoted scumbags they are.

Here's a stat for you to be really proud of, Ally. Two thirds of religiously aggravated violence in Scotland is anti-Catholic. Catholics form about 16% of the population. That means that a Catholic is roughly four times as likely to be a victim of violence on the basis of his religion as a Protestant. If you think your "harmless" songs aren't a factor in the mindset that enables and encourages that, you're an idiot. If anyone who looks at the actual facts really thinks both sides are as bad as each other, they're innumerate, ignorant, or a bigoted scumbag themselves.

Yesterday was the most numbing experience I've had watching Celtic for a long time. I usually attend every game but I was away on a birthday weekend to Loch Awe from Friday-this morning. It was a total sesh and great fun except from the game - there was seven of us supporting Celtic and one solitary Rangers man. It was absolutely sickening.

We were terrible and deserved nothing from the game. Hooper looks unfit and is clearly carrying an injury; he should be rested for a few games. It is distressing when the best antidote for Thomas Rogne having a mare is considered to be Glenn Loovens.

I don't think it is the end of the world but we need to buck our ideas up right away. We have been lethargic and coasting since the 3-0 game, and it is in danger of fucking up all the good work done since 2nd January.

It looked from where we were as though Rogne was hurt. It was obvious they were planning on a change up front as Stokes and McCourt had been warming up for five minutes and looked to be getting some last minute instructions when suddenly Loovens appeared from nowhere and was on.

In all honesty, I was surprised we won. Overjoyed right enough,but surprised.

I felt this was Celtic's game to lose, and they blew it.

It showed though, that when we don't play "Anti Football", that we can actually take a game to a team.. Long may it continue.

I'm sick to death of it. I'm sick of people saying that both sides are as bad as each other. I'm sick of Rangers saying they're doing everything they can to stamp it out. It's bullshit.

Most of the Rangers end was singing The Billy Boys at least five times during the afternoon. That's not on. The very worst I heard was from a handful of Celtic fans singing "he's like me and you, he's a Provo too" about Lennon. I hope they got what they deserved too, but it was a minority. I was in amongst it, and it took me a while to even work out what they were singing. There's no mistaking your lot.

Now, under normal circumstances I would be disgusted and I'd be frustrated by the hypocrisy of the pundits and the SFA saying they're trying to solve the problem but never taking any real action. After all the fucking hoo-hah about the last game, I thought we might start seeing some real action taken to show the majority (and don't dare pretend it's not) of Rangers fans up as the bigoted scumbags they are.

Here's a stat for you to be really proud of, Ally. Two thirds of religiously aggravated violence in Scotland is anti-Catholic. Catholics form about 16% of the population. That means that a Catholic is roughly four times as likely to be a victim of violence on the basis of his religion as a Protestant. If you think your "harmless" songs aren't a factor in the mindset that enables and encourages that, you're an idiot. If anyone who looks at the actual facts really thinks both sides are as bad as each other, they're innumerate, ignorant, or a bigoted scumbag themselves.

How about the abuse I get because my uniform is blue? At Parkhead, I've lost count of the number of times I've been called a "hun bastard", because of my uniform...

Again, I will say, both sides are as bad as each other. Us singing is one thing that we do, but some of the Celtic fan's antics are just as bad. There is people that go to the games and cause problems, there are some that don't. Its the same the world over. Both supporters have elements that are just as bad as each other.

It showed though, that when we don't play "Anti Football", that we can actually take a game to a team.. Long may it continue.

You think so? I watched the game, and thought that Rangers winning had more to do with Celtic just not showing up.

In fact, it took this Rangers side until extra-time to beat a really terrible Celtic team yesterday.

You think so? I watched the game, and thought that Rangers winning had more to do with Celtic just not showing up.

In fact, it took this Rangers side until extra-time to beat a really terrible Celtic team yesterday.

I certainly feel Celtic not showing up had a big bearing too, though it must be said that when we actually attack , we look alright. Much better than our previous outings Vs celtic

re the freekick that led to the goal, wylde was on the ball ready to lump it up the park but was taken out by a celtic player, its one of them closing down type tackles, so the ball goes to weiss, the ref blows for a foull but the foul was on wylde and weiss took the freekick from were he's standing.

Archived