Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Saw about it on my Facebook page as people I know who were friends of Reamonn Gormley uploaded it. I'm sure it's a really sad yet uplifting video for them to watch. Apparently this will be shown on the big screen before the game on Sunday, and there is talks of starting a charity initiative to get the kids over to Celtic Park at some point.

I just can't get enough.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic's financial position has taken a pounding because we've not won anything and not done anything in Europe for a couple of seasons. The Mowbray era hurt us in terms of punters stopping going to games so much. If Lenny brings the silverware back this season and we can get into the Champions League groups, we'll have turned that round in a season or two, especially since there may well have been a more general economic recovery by then and we'll benefit from that on multiple levels. It's nothing major to worry about unless we keep failing to qualify for the CL groups.

Saw about it on my Facebook page as people I know who were friends of Reamonn Gormley uploaded it. I'm sure it's a really sad yet uplifting video for them to watch. Apparently this will be shown on the big screen before the game on Sunday, and there is talks of starting a charity initiative to get the kids over to Celtic Park at some point.

I just can't get enough.

Hahaha that's absolutely fantastic!

'moan the weans! :laugh:

• Paid Members

Wow... Brown got it seriously wrong tonight. Why is he persisting on playing 4-3-3? Our players can't cope with it and we lack width. Also, David, was Blackman this shite for you? Lazier than Lee fuckin Miller!

We really needed to press the ball more. We looked like Northern Ireland against Scotland last week.

So we're playing shite, lucky to still be at 1-1 and what does our CAPTAIN Paul Hartley decide to do? He decides to kick someone in the face multiple times. OK, the boy went up for a header with Hartley and caught him with an elbow, but a 33/34 year old Club captain should no better and just stay down. The man maybe gets sent off/booked and we get our free kick and carry on with 11 men.

Magennis has got to come in for Blackman on Saturday, if he doesn't then I will be angry.

Paul Hartley, you've let your team mates down, the manager down, the coaching staff, the fans and the entire club. I do not expect that sort of actions from a captain.

DISGRACE!

Also, David, was Blackman this shite for you? Lazier than Lee fuckin Miller!

Actually, Blackman was pretty decent for us, which is why we went back in for him in January. We couldn't compete with the money Aberdeen could offer though.

Is he not cutting the mustard up there?

• Paid Members

Not so far. Maybe it's the formation? The formation gives us no width at all.

Did Brown play 4-3-3 with the "strikers" rotating?

If Brown was to play 4-3-3 I'd rather he had played this tonight

Langfield

McNamee  Diamond  Vujadinovic  Smith

(Jordan) Brown  Hartley  Jack

Maguire										 Aluko
				Vernon

El hadji Diouf has died his mohawk blue for Sunday. Fucking love the man. Love the fact the mhanky mhob despise him.

DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF

You love the man despite him being possibly the most odious character in British football? I gues that shouldn't surprise me really...

Not so far. Maybe it's the formation? The formation gives us no width at all.

I imagine Brown is using the same system with Blackman that he used with us, so I'm not sure why he isn't responding.

I have to say though, at the risk of sounding like I'm bitter, that Brown did nothing more really than steady the ship at Fir Park. He didn't really make any great progress with us, and left us exactly one league placing better off than he found us.

I imagine that he'll manage to steer you guys away from the relegation battle, into mid-table or so most probably, but I don't think he's the long-term answer for you either.

I said to Martyn that Aberdeen would eventually have to face the problems they have, and start seriously investing in youth as a way to finance the future of your club.

We did that through necessity when we were put into administration, but it's worked out for us in the end.

El hadji Diouf has died his mohawk blue for Sunday. Fucking love the man. Love the fact the mhanky mhob despise him.

DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF

You love the man despite him being possibly the most odious character in British football? I gues that shouldn't surprise me really...

His past is in the past. i don't condone anything he's done before and to be honest I wasn't overly pleased when he signed. But his performances since and his attitude towards the abuse he has been receiving both on the park and off it has been exemplary.

His past is in the past. i don't condone anything he's done before and to be honest I wasn't overly pleased when he signed. But his performances since and his attitude towards the abuse he has been receiving both on the park and off it has been exemplary.

I guess it's just a sign of the troubled times that Rangers have come upon. As certain members of the media have said, Smith wouldn't have touched a player like Diouf five or six years ago.

Apart from that, how many games has he played? There's plenty of time for him to act up.

Archived